I think I am going to switch to HP ultra.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool, good info. I already have the ultr so I am gonna try it, and mix the first jug tommorow. Remember Amsoil alway's adverstising 100-1, yeah forget that alway's ran 50-1 myself.

I bought a quart of Klotz techniplate and have been running it at 45:1 in all of my saws. Smells good and seems to burn really clean. I have burned over 10 tanks of fuels after modding the muffler on my 372xpw and the new sparkscreen is still gold colored with no black on it at all.
At 15 bucks a quart, it's about the same price as the Stihl oil at the dealer. I think it's 2.50 for a 2 gallon mix, which is 5.2 oz. Pretty much, thats about 50 cent an ounce -vs- 32oz of Klotz for 15 bucks which is about 50 cent per ounce also. I think if you figured it exact, the Klotz would be a touch cheaper. I like the Klotz alot better because it seems to burn cleaner.

Cool, don't know where to find Koltz? never heard of it around here. Haven't seen it in Baileys. Any of our sponsor's have it?

Klotz

The link is disassembled. Copy it all and paste in a empty address line.

http
://www
.klotzlube.
com/proddetail.asp?prod=KL-305_Pint&cat=8

http
://www
.klotzlube.com/

Amsoil Saber 2.6oz, Klotz Super Techniplate .5 oz. Final around 42:1
With Klotz having twice the flashpoint as Ultra my opinion is that more oil remains in the engine constantly under heat and stress for better protection, especially the bearings.
Got some pretty strong saws, never lost an engine yet.
Used Ultra and didn't care for the smell. Seems like good oil however.

Are you sure Stihl Ultra has half the flash point? 230 degrees seems awful low,

W8ye, thnak's for the link. Sound's like good stuff. The ultra must be good to, my saw shop say's if you use it in a new saw, Stihl double's the warranty, that's good shiat!

Nobody made fun of me so i guess nobody thinks i'm a moron for running approx 1.5-2 oz of either mmo or lucas upper cylinder lubricant in my 1 gallon mixes. I've been doing that for about 2 years and everything looks clean. Plugs stay clean.:D

I adde'd Lucas engine treatment in my old toyota truck, and I think it saved it, before that is was burning a quart a week, and smoke!! Never messe'd with in insaw's before.

Nobody made fun of me so i guess nobody thinks i'm a moron for running approx 1.5-2 oz of either mmo or lucas upper cylinder lubricant in my 1 gallon mixes. I've been doing that for about 2 years and everything looks clean. Plugs stay clean.:D

Naaa!!!

We think you are a moron for a lot of reasons...........................................but that's not one of them!!!LOL

JK!

Mike

i recently switched to ultra from normal stihl after my dealer offered me a good price on a box of the little bottles that are the right size for 5L at 50:1. It makes mixing up easy and fast, and it ended up costing not much more than getting a bigger bottle. Also pretty easy to count how many more jugs I can mix before I need to get more oil.

I'm sure with all the pics, raves etc this is good oil, but I really don't like the colour (red). Much prefer the blue coloured plain stihl oil for easy identification. Especially in saws which don't have the newer translucent tanks.

Might be just me, but I find the ultra really does smell bad too.

Shaun

I use lucas oil treatment as an assembly lube.

Anybody using Amsoil anymore?

Norm I run on the average about 5 gallons a week of Dominator at 42:1 through the saws,bikes and other small engines. Lots of hours on the bikes and they are always clean on the inside with no abnormal wear. I hate Amsoils advertising crap but it is a good oil and has proven itself to my and quite a few of my buddies through the years. A good friend runs a bike engine shop and he has had the best sucess with the Dominator in the 125cc cart engines and bikes. CJ

Just grabbe'd a bunch of ultra, but I am alway's open minde'd. I have never heard of dominator. Sound's good. Man thing's have come along way's since my dirt bike day's, definately alot to choose from now:clap:

Just grabbe'd a bunch of ultra, but I am alway's open minde'd. I have never heard of dominator. Sound's good. Man thing's have come along way's since my dirt bike day's, definately alot to choose from now:clap:

I really like the sound of Maxima K2. I was planning on running Ultra, but....I believe I will go with the Maxima K2. I should be able to get at the local motor cycle shop.

Back