I think I figured it out!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Andy (sawinred-dude)

Stop on over.......I have plenty of saws for you to test drive..........."Not for sale" ...........You can just try them out to help with your decision...:) :)

I'll even let you sharpen your own square ground chains on my Silvey.............as long as you sharpen the rest of my chains...LOL

Last edited:
Just get a cross cut saw with all the fixin's, and report back to us:hmm3grin2orange:

Take a saw like a 5100 with say an 8-pin and a 460 with a 10-pin might not be as much faster as you think. The 460 only turns 13500. Chain speed is chain speed.

Yea, BUT, I can run skip tooth 3/8's, and the amount of power available, would be ignorant!!!!!

So I can run a ten pin sprocket!! I think that would make a pretty kicking limbing setup!

Ten pins are spendy and wear out fast. You would likely have to start with a 20" bar, cut off the factory bar mount, and custom machine a new bar mount and oil hole. The reason for this is the bar width is wider as you move toward the middle of the bar...and the 10 pin is pretty big diameter...your chain will end up in your legs or chaps if you try it on a stock bar - especially limbing.

Josh

Sorry guys, I looked a bit last night but couldn't find it!!! I thought it was Computeruser, but after going through his old posts I didn't come across it!!!!

I can cut down a 20" pretty easy right now, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........................

Have Freak fix ya up with a 044 w/ a ported 046 topend. A 8 pin would be fun.........

A muffler modded 7900.....

A ported 090.......

I've kicked around the 044/046 topend already!!! It's not ruled out yet!!

I've got an 8 pin already, it will pull the 32" with the8pin fine, just wont oil it enough in hardwood:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

The 090 is just too heavy to use that much!

Back