I think I've talked myself into a tractor

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haywire Haywood

Fiscal Conservative Social Retard
Reaction score
I think I've finally talked myself into a little tractor with a loader. they're running a 60 month 0% offer at the moment.

It's Kubota BX2660. 25.5hp diesel, 4wd. I just grabbed a pic off the net. It'll have the loader and mid mount deck but not the rear blade.

We'll see... I might back out, not sure. It would really be handy around here though. I envision a pair of clamp on pallet forks and box for moving firewood up to the house.

Ian

attachment.php

Last edited:
You won't believe how you got along without a front loader.
I bought a 33hp Massey with a loader this summer. The original plan was to give it little TLC and sell it. Pocket @ 2K. Tune-up, tires and a good cleaning. I used it a little around the the house after the tune up.

The hard part was telling the wifey to forget the 2K, we're keeping it. Thankfully she took it well. I believe her response was, "Uh huh,I thought so."

If there is anyway to avoid financing it would be a good thing... Have you ever done the math on this transaction to see what it will actualy cost you if you pay the entire contract over 60 months. I know you said 0% but what happens if you miss a payment? The equipment is a great idea, the contract is not. Buy a used one and save yourself a headache. Hate to piss in your fruitloops but you can get good used equipment. ;)

They say it's 0% but I'll bet they will take a couple of thousand off their "best" price if you pay cash.Good Luck!

I think I've finally talked myself into a little tractor with a loader. they're running a 60 month 0% offer at the moment.

It's Kubota BX2660. 25.5hp diesel, 4wd. I just grabbed a pic off the net. It'll have the loader and mid mount deck but not the rear blade.

We'll see... I might back out, not sure. It would really be handy around here though. I envision a pair of clamp on pallet forks and box for moving firewood up to the house.

Ian

attachment.php

It may or may not make a difference to you but some models of Kubota's have cast aluminum rear end. A site I visit from time to time had discussions about this and yes some have had them to break/crack.
So if being cast aluminum rear end makes a difference to you, take a magnet with you to see for yourself.

My tractor dealer always gave customers magnets to use if they went to a Kubota dealer looking for a compact tractor.

I don't know what your intended use is, but the front loader is quite limited on those things, but they are neat arn't they...

No response..... he's already at the dealer plunking down the cash and signing the dotted line!

That's it... let's get out of this show before it's too late...Too late!
Monty Python

Last edited:
It may or may not make a difference to you but some models of Kubota's have cast aluminum rear end. A site I visit from time to time had discussions about this and yes some have had them to break/crack.
So if being cast aluminum rear end makes a difference to you, take a magnet with you to see for yourself.

My tractor dealer always gave customers magnets to use if they went to a Kubota dealer looking for a compact tractor.

I don't doubt it. I priced Kubota, JD, Mahindra, New Holland, Kioti, TYM, and Massey Ferguson. Kubota was the least expensive across all the brands, even the off brands to my surprise.

Ian

They say it's 0% but I'll bet they will take a couple of thousand off their "best" price if you pay cash.Good Luck!

That's like an alcoholic going into the beer store and asking for a discount if he pays cash.

That salesman knows you've got TAD, he's just waiting for you to get the TD's ( Tractor Delerium ) and cave....

Neighbor had a slightly larger one this summer, nice tractor enclosed cab.
But I was not impressed with the power of the bucket/forks.
we had a 20x8 ft section of new wharf, 2x6 construction 6 plastic floats.
Had to manually help it lift. A lot of cantalevered weight but,,,,
It does seem well made. IMHO
But man sure is nice to have a toy to play with!!!!!!:biggrinbounce2:
We are all kids at heart!!!;)
You are here but once,, go get it!!!

Back