I think that I have an issue

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got it apart and here are the results. There is no scoring that will catch a fingernail and only one spot that I can even feel (by the exhaust port). The line in the picture is just how the light is reflected but it does line up with the missing material in the piston.
IMG_20160622_210010772.jpg IMG_20160622_210025238.jpg IMG_20160622_205948640.jpg

^ this!
I just read all 23 pages of that thread yesterday. Great info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Out of this pile from a landscaper, three had blown chunks out of the ring lands. The 044/046 types.
8d1f088b0ab7c94be2e3a1b87d8cdc77.jpg

A couple of these also.
a0ff7dd58b1775e3e1c05a549a21f0e7.jpg

He is famous for employing idiots who routinely over speed saws with dull chain.

That saw really needed to be cleaned up of grease wood chips and rubbish before the jug was pulled. All of that trash is in the bottom end now. Yes it can be flushed out, but it's way better to keep it out of there to start with.

That saw really needed to be cleaned up of grease wood chips and rubbish before the jug was pulled. All of that trash is in the bottom end now. Yes it can be flushed out, but it's way better to keep it out of there to start with.
It needed flushed anyways. who knows where the metal all went. Flushing all the bearings after a failure like that atleast gives a little more assurance. I agree dont add it if not necessary

I figured an update was in order. I split the case initially for cleaning and crank seal replacement, well bad PTO side bearing so both are getting replaced. The clutch was roached, the vibration buffers were trash, and the bar needs a nose. At this point I am determined to get this saw running as it should again.

Sent from this thing that doesn't ever seem to work right.

Back