I want a sick sick saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eric Copsey recently ported my ms460 and it is sweet. The ladies love it.
attachment.php

Where is that Wild Thang Hot Saw that was in the other tread.

Sick,Sick,Sick cheaper than a Husky or a SSSSS.... SSSSSS....Brand X Hot saw!

But if you want the biggest and badest the 880 is faster out he box.

Please forgive me for I have sinned!

[video]URL=http://s887.photobucket.com/albums/ac72/inrut1974/?action=view&current=MVI_3255.mp4]
th_MVI_3255.jpg
[/URL][/video]

Eric Copsey recently ported my ms460 and it is sweet. The ladies love it.
attachment.php

man do i love the Frost Bite bars on Stihls. is that a 24" some call them 25"? i have a 24" on my 044 and a 20" waiting to go on my 026 once Mastermind ports the snot out of it.

what can you tell me about those scabbards you got there?

man do i love the Frost Bite bars on Stihls. is that a 24" some call them 25"? i have a 24" on my 044 and a 20" waiting to go on my 026 once Mastermind ports the snot out of it.

what can you tell me about those scabbards you got there?

The bar is a 25". I used to run a 20" frost bite on it but after Eric modded it for me I wanted more. I like these bars seem to hold up very nice and are good quality. The scabbards are made from 4" firemans hose. I work at a place that builds fire trucks (I test fire trucks for a living), and when a hose gets a nick or is damaged anyway they throw them away. I read somewhere, maybe here, that they work good as scabbards and yes they do. I stitch up the one end with some thin wire.

I sent mine to Simon, Simonizer, and it came back 40% faster, the before and after vids are on here, log used in the video and the same chain was used. Several good builders on here, sort thru them, pick one ship the saw, mine is as dependable as any stock saw, no load wot it turns at 15,300 prolly has a little more left in it, but would rather err on the safe side. It has made a big difference in production, has made a bucking saw from hell. I totally sold on a good woods port, work saw as Terry Landrum describes them. A 460 makes an excellent saw to mod, eats stock 660's like candy.

Really?? Such love for a SAW M249?? We loathed them when I was in the infantry. True, they have a great rate of fire, but that doesn't prove anything. An example, while training in Panama, we hear 249s going off in the distance, lots of return fire, etc etc. Then someone lays down with a 60, the jungle goes silent. Why?? Simple answer, same as the one being searched out in this post, bigger is better:rock::rock:

In the interest of full disclosure, I was on a gun crew my whole time as an infantryman before I transitioned into 55D.

Shea

Let's see, would I want to carry a 249 around all day, or a 60, or an 880, or a 460? I'd choose 460 and a 249 for 99% of my work. Especially in some of the neighborhoods around here...
;)

Stick with the 460, mang. You'll be very happy with it.

I prefer the 60.....but I don't have to carry them very far.
The 249 jammed at the end of the vid.......bummer.

M60s3.jpg

M60DPredator.jpg

Last edited:
before i was over in country i looked at the m249 as a glorified pea shooter. when i got back i had grown a lot of respect for that weapon. bailed my fire team out of multiple #### storms with that thing. hell half the time i didn't even hit anything, but the suppressive fire alone sent them in the other direction.

and yea it blows ass carrying around a SAW with a full combat load...in 120 degree heat.

but it also humbles you.

semper fi

-craig

before i was over in country i looked at the m249 as a glorified pea shooter. when i got back i had grown a lot of respect for that weapon. bailed my fire team out of multiple #### storms with that thing. hell half the time i didn't even hit anything, but the suppressive fire alone sent them in the other direction.

and yea it
blows ass carrying around a SAW with a full combat load...in 120 degree heat.

but it also humbles you.

semper fi

-craig

Good post Devildog

Latest posts

Back