i went to the stihl dealer today and....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CentaurG2

CentaurG2

Addicted to ArboristSite
Congratulations! You just purchased the most over priced and overrated saw known to man. Now you need to go and modify the muffler so you can get some work done with the saw but modifying the muffler will void the warrantee. I could wait a year or….I know, I just buy another muffler and modify that one. Whoops those cost $62.50, but on a 600+ chainsaw that’s pennies on the dollar. Now just send the muffler out to someone who knows what he is doing (50 clams plus postage both ways) buy the tool to remove the limiter caps (7 bucks), purchase an edt7 to set the rpms (100 clams), give it an hour or two of your time and you will have a decent saw. Too bad for similar money you could have purchased a 441 which will run circles around any 361 and really is not that much more heavy or bulky. Good luck with your saw. You will just love how it idles!!

THALL10326

THALL10326

The Champ
i picked up a 361 and instantly grew a foot taller and gained 100lbs of pure muscle. true story.

Hell thats nothing. Space and his girlfreind came in yesterday. He picked up the 361 and said to her I feel something growing in my pants. I told his girlfreind 361's do encourage male grow in those private areas. I told her average gain is around 5 inches. She tells Space lets buy two 361's and then you'll have a foot,:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

spacemule

spacemule

The Peanut Gallery
Hell thats nothing. Space and his girlfreind came in yesterday. He picked up the 361 and said to her I feel something growing in my pants. I told his girlfreind 361's do encourage male grow in those private areas. I told her average gain is around 5 inches. She tells Space lets buy two 361's and then you'll have a foot,:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

You never were any good with math, huh. :buttkick: :)

Austin1

Austin1

Addicted to ArboristSite
Just think what a 660 would do?:)

sawinredneck

sawinredneck

Addicted to ArboristSite
Congratulations! You just purchased the most over priced and overrated saw known to man. Now you need to go and modify the muffler so you can get some work done with the saw but modifying the muffler will void the warrantee. I could wait a year or….I know, I just buy another muffler and modify that one. Whoops those cost $62.50, but on a 600+ chainsaw that’s pennies on the dollar. Now just send the muffler out to someone who knows what he is doing (50 clams plus postage both ways) buy the tool to remove the limiter caps (7 bucks), purchase an edt7 to set the rpms (100 clams), give it an hour or two of your time and you will have a decent saw. Too bad for similar money you could have purchased a 441 which will run circles around any 361 and really is not that much more heavy or bulky. Good luck with your saw. You will just love how it idles!!

Ok Scooter, as you are a newbie, I'll go a bit easy on you.

I LOVE the Husky 350, I would like to get a 357xp but am short on funding.

SO..........................

What would you buy? Please enlighten us with wisdom? I ain't saying the 361 is the end all beat all, but what do you buy new for the same money? NEW, I must put that stipulation on it.
For the weight, I'd carry a 440. But that isn't a possibility any more.
But as a newbie, please tell me what to buy!

CentaurG2

CentaurG2

Addicted to ArboristSite
Ok Scooter, as you are a newbie, I'll go a bit easy on you.

I LOVE the Husky 350, I would like to get a 357xp but am short on funding.

SO..........................

What would you buy? Please enlighten us with wisdom? I ain't saying the 361 is the end all beat all, but what do you buy new for the same money? NEW, I must put that stipulation on it.
For the weight, I'd carry a 440. But that isn't a possibility any more.
But as a newbie, please tell me what to buy!

Scooter? I wants to get me one of them. I hear they gets wicked good gas mileage. I wants me a Vespa (thems Italian) but my buddy told me Honda (thems made in japan) is better and 3 wheels is better than two and my knowledge of 2 strokes is wicked limited. Hey Flatlander…could you enlighten me as to the differences between say a Vespa vbc 150 and a Honda 250r??

sawinredneck

sawinredneck

Addicted to ArboristSite
Scooter? I wants to get me one of them. I hear they gets wicked good gas mileage. I wants me a Vespa (thems Italian) but my buddy told me Honda (thems made in japan) is better and 3 wheels is better than two and my knowledge of 2 strokes is wicked limited. Hey Flatlander…could you enlighten me as to the differences between say a Vespa vbc 150 and a Honda 250r??

And yet no saw buying advice.

Latest posts