If you can't cut it, burn it! (Or, how a WildThing gets through wood.)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rjh245 said:
I know the poulans are junk. I was in Mississippi helping family clean up after Katrina. The saws were givin to me for free. I don't think that you would turn down any free saw. But maybe you would.
Rob
what saw do you run ?? i have a couple poulans that i would put side by side in the wood with your saws and i would bet you would be to busy trying to catch me to be able to bad mouth my poulans !!!!

Man thats a sick looking cut, about your neighbor he really needs some educating, if hes burnin like that he's #1 got no oil on his chain, #2 it either wasn't or now really isn't sharp at all. #3 If he dont know why thats happening, he definitly don't know what he's doin with the saw, and with that kind of neglegence he's prone to hurt himself or someone else. Try to give him some tips about that stuff. Wild Thang is a consumer saw, they dont last forever but they are not made to it either. However my father in law just bought one, I've used it and I sharpen the chain on it, it works pretty well. Prop. Maintence goes a long way. But he probaly doesn't use it much and seeing as he's uneducated in the art of chainsaws, he's exactly the type person paulen makes saws for. As for your stihl, first check the plug, its probally got crud on it. Try cleanin it with brake cleaner or some solvent cleaner and maybe sand the top of the electrode and the bottom of the spart tip a lil bit. Or just go get a new one. And check out the carb anyways, its an older saw, it could have some build up and you dont want to run it if it does, till its clean. good luck - wayne

Yup, spread the word far and wide, Poulans are junk. That way when my local Stihl dealer gets one in that is in a little rough shape he'll keep giving them to me so I can have free chainsaws to cut wood with. Take my old 3000 or one of my two 335s over a 290 Stihl washtub any day. And if that doesn't do it I'll get my 505 out, seemed liked it was running a little fat the last time found the problem 039's caught in the air filter.

Latest posts

Back