If you could choose ony 2 chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what would you keep or buy. You hear a lot said about this saw is all you need for firewood.Thats bull crap,we or (most of us anyway) don't get to pick and choose our wood supply, we take whats available.So how wood u make do if 2 was all you could sneak past yer wife or girl?

A 50cc and a 70cc, around here is all thats needed.

Kansas

Yeah, I've got to admit it has gotten a little harder since I've diversified.All Stihls look pretty much the same, at least to her.Now there are red and a different shade of orange to explain.You'd be suprised how many saws you can hide under a casually (not) thrown set of chaps.

Yeah, I've got to admit it has gotten a little harder since I've diversified.All Stihls look pretty much the same, at least to her.Now there are red and a different shade of orange to explain.You'd be suprised how many saws you can hide under a casually (not) thrown set of chaps.

Lol yeah I got my NE346 recently and got caught by bragging to one of my buds (in front of her) about how bad my new little hot rod saw was! D'OH

Actually saws and guns kind of accumulate for people like all of us here at AS my wife laughs and wonders how they reproduce so fast! :) (I say its clean outdoor living honey bless her heart)

Kansas

Hey Kansas...unfortunatetly my wife can count (she's a corporate controller). I keep wondering how long I can feed my saw addiction w/ the excuse that she likes the home 73 and nothing is free. I add up my labor cost (she gripes that I consider my labor far too valuable), put that cost against my saw addiction.
Saturday she ran a chainsaw for the first time...she used a little less than a full tank of fuel through my Partner 500 and was totally exhausted. She now is thinking she may wants her own saw w/ the condition that it's lighter and just as powerful. Hmmmmm sounds like I'm gonna need a modded saw to accomplish that.

Hey Kansas...unfortunatetly my wife can count (she's a corporate controller). I keep wondering how long I can feed my saw addiction w/ the excuse that she likes the home 73 and nothing is free. I add up my labor cost (she gripes that I consider my labor far too valuable), put that cost against my saw addiction.
Saturday she ran a chainsaw for the first time...she used a little less than a full tank of fuel through my Partner 500 and was totally exhausted. She now is thinking she may wants her own saw w/ the condition that it's lighter and just as powerful. Hmmmmm sounds like I'm gonna need a modded saw to accomplish that.

LOL I hear you madman on the addiction you are a lucky guy she actually wanted to use a saw! it sounds like a 346NE is just the ticket to get her for Christmas very light and very powerfull as is and shouldnt need modded (for awhile?)hint hint! good luck :)

Kansas

I dont know why the 441 gets a bad wrap here .I love mine i bought it after running one .The best thing i did was put a skip chisel on the 24'' bar.:greenchainsaw:

I let her run my OE 346XP and still too heavy...was my first idea!

Oh boy that changes things humm what to do now? I had a little Mac one time that couldnt have been more than a few pounds it had a 12" bar but ran pretty darn good! (fact I still have it now I think about it if interested?) Maybe find one of them and hop it up? good luck

oops I didnt see the 346 in your line up at first but got that now!

Kansas

Last edited:
My picks (of current saws) would probably be a 7900 and a 200T. If this included older saws, I might take the 064 over the 7900... but that would be a tough call. Either way, the 200T would be my small saw choice.

Latest posts

Back