Indiana gtg

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need a 16-21hp lawnmower engine for my splitter project.. ;)

Ian

My FIL might have a vert shaft also...I know it was using oil, but he used all of last year...I will check also...

I know where a nice 105hp, 3.9, 4 cyl. Cummins is at...The problem is the guy wants $2500...

Last edited:
You can use mine, that's one less excuse you have to say home. :)

Eric's GTGs are more relaxed and less about who has the most tricked out chain. When you can smell the testosterone in the air is when I take my ball and go home. :)

Eric, are we cutting firewood for the widow this year?

Ian

Yes my GTGs are just fun,No one keeps score..
We just have fun running different saws. I remember the first time I ran Kevins 084.. Then Als' big old Homelite, What a torque monster. It was quite the thrill.. Then last year watching my 17 year old son running Brads 084.. To me that is what the fun is.. And just getting to meet each other.
If we cut wood for anyone this go around it will be for me.. I have given so much wood away that sometimes I forget to take care of number uno. LOL
There will be some firewood to cut if anyone wants to.,. Heck I heated for about a week on Beech cookies alone last go around.

My FIL might have a vert shaft also...I know it was using oil, but he used all of last year...I will check also...

I know where a nice 105hp, 3.9, 4 cyl. Cummins is at...The problem is the guy wants $2500...

Check with Brad....sounds like a good fit if he wants to build a splitter. WDO

Nah, 30 ton splitter with a 1.238 second cycle time... touch the lever and BANG! 2 wood piles 15 yds on either side of the splitter. Lever on remote behind sandbag barrier.

Ian

Someone will loan you a set if you want to attend.
My request was not so much aimed at the guys that do not have them. It was aimed at the guys that own them,had them with them ion the seat of the truck,LOL

:) Thanks, but I was just giving some ribbing. Much as I would love to attend, I doubt I could attend at this time anyway. I got a house I'm working on to get on the market that's going to take up the weekends pretty much for the next month or two.

But I really don't have a pair of chaps...:)

:) Thanks, but I was just giving some ribbing. Much as I would love to attend, I doubt I could attend at this time anyway. I got a house I'm working on to get on the market that's going to take up the weekends pretty much for the next month or two.

But I really don't have a pair of chaps...:)

The housing market is dead...You will lose money if you list it in the next couple of months, so you better come down and give the market that extra DAY...

The housing market is dead...You will lose money if you list it in the next couple of months, so you better come down and give the market that extra DAY...

Yeah I know, but the smaller, cheaper house's around here are still selling good, its the bigger fancy ones that are dead in the water.

We'll see for sure after the date has been set.

Yeah I know, but the smaller, cheaper house's around here are still selling good, its the bigger fancy ones that are dead in the water.

We'll see for sure after the date has been set.

It has been...

May 23rd. Yeah I know it is Memorial day weekend.
Banshee I do not understand your dilemma Playing with wood at a GTG or playing with your wood after watching half neked chicks ona boat?

I read the thread from your last GTG, but still not sure what to bring...I know CHAPS, don't own any so maybe I can borrow some, saws, mix, something to drink, and snack on...Am I missing anything?..I really don't have any cool saws, but I can bring anything in my sig or even a couple I have been working on...

May 23rd. Yeah I know it is Memorial day weekend.
Banshee I do not understand your dilemma Playing with wood at a GTG or playing with your wood after watching half neked chicks ona boat?

You chose that day to test how strong my cad is didn't you.
My cad is strong, but it's not that strong.
I'm very good friends with these 4 girls and every year we all go to Dale Hollow and Lake Cumberland. They bring their friends and next thing I know it's me and 10 or more women.
As much as I hate to, I guess I'll have to miss this one again.

You guys don't have to much fun. I'll make the next one hopefully.

Here's a picture from last year for Gink. Sorry not a great picture, but I was warned that if I show pictures with faces the next picture my camera takes will be a picture of the inside of my colon.

100_2448.jpg

Last edited:
Banshee

I'm very good friends with these 4 girls and every year we all go to Dale Hollow and Lake Cumberland. They bring their friends and next thing I know it's me and 10 or more women.

Here's a picture from last year for Gink. Sorry not a great picture, but I was warned that if I show pictures with faces the next picture my camera takes will be a picture of the inside of my colon.

100_2448.jpg

I hope it snows in KY the 23rd for you.. Ha ha

100_2448.jpg

So the wife thinks I am going to a GTG...

Latest posts

Back