Iowa Fall 2012 GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HeimannM can tell you a lot more specifics, but Dolmar made some saws for the yellow AND green companies...
I think he got the yellow one over seas...

And yes... That log is freaking awesome!!!

If I ever run into a good priced 166, it might have to shed it's skin and be reborn a Smurf... :eek2:

Last edited:
That is a rockin log! made it my new screen saver. I do have to ask... Was that 166 origionally yellow? didn't know what rare "yellow" 166 was refering to... Someone changing the color or if Dolmar sent out the 166 in yellow??? someone educate me!

Mac SP118 made for Mac for other markets. Came from Australia

That is a rockin log! made it my new screen saver. I do have to ask... Was that 166 origionally yellow? didn't know what rare "yellow" 166 was refering to... Someone changing the color or if Dolmar sent out the 166 in yellow??? someone educate me!

I believe the yellow version was sold by McCulloch and marketed in Australia along side of a few other Dolmars of that era dressed in yellow and dawning a bird emblem. I probably shouldn't mention Australia since it's just a matter of time now before those Aussies dribble all over this thread. :laugh:

I've never found one yet... even in terrible condition! Chances are I'll probably never get the chance to own one...

I would never give you free parts again!! blasfameeeeeee

Like painting a mac or dolly blue would be that bad... Not any worse than Scott painting Princess pink! LOL!

Last edited:
I've never found one yet... even in terrible condition! Chances are I'll probably never get the chance to own one...

I can't remember who it is now, but someone on AS had around 20 of them in their collection. He posted a video scanning around his warehouse a couple months back and I ran out of fingers and toes to count them on. Plus I was busy wiping the drool off my keyboard from the Pioneer P6* and Poulan Pro 655 section.

I can't remember who it is now, but someone on AS had around 20 of them in their collection. He posted a video scanning around his warehouse a couple months back and I ran out of fingers and toes to count them on. Plus I was busy wiping the drool off my keyboard from the Pioneer P6* and Poulan Pro 655 section.

Leeha

wouldn't mind seeing that clip/thread if you can hunt it up!

There is a search function at the top right ;)

There you going being an a$$ again! ;)

Anyway it's better to use google to search AS since the search feature is... well... frustrating at best. To do this stab site:arboristsite.com in front of whatever you want to search for in the google search field and be amazed how simple things can be.

Thread in question... found in 15 seconds. http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/206708.htm

Nathan,
I might be presuded to get rid of a 655. Kind of got my eye on a toy at the local hardware/gun store.

Mark,
Give me a call next time your over this way. Got a box of Mac service bulletins and service and owner manuals in Mac binds. Plus sales lit from the 60's
Bob

Cherry Tool Box

Man Wood Doc that is a nice treasure chest.:rock::rock: Mark that would be tough to put tools in. Treasures yes.
I have a feeling Mark has a set of tools to put in that box. Yes, I built that with "lots of time on my hands" last year. It was a great project.

ToolBox.jpg

I resawed the slab of 3" thick Brazillian cherry that Mark found years ago into strips that were about 3/8" thick and then planed them smooth, down to about 5/16". Then I cut the sides, top, and ends to length before box joining them. I ran out of Mark's stock and had to use hard yellow birch for the bottom of the box and the lift-out tray, but that was a small sacrifice.

I have a similar tool box, but smaller, that I use almost every day. It's lasted 14 years. The idea is to make the lift-out tray so that it fits inside the open lld and rests horizontally. I have two metal tool boxes and neither one does that.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Back