Iowa Fall 2012 GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Local Stihl dealer called last night inquiring when the spring and fall GTG is going to be. Sounds like he will be putting together an enclosed trailer of fun........no pole dancers, I asked :hmm3grin2orange:

If it is the same trailer they had in Carroll it will have there whole product line. Not just saws!

Sent from my XT881 using Tapatalk 2

So when are we going to have the fall mini GTG? I finally have all my chains sharpened from this GTG so I'm ready to go cut some wood with friends.

Local Stihl dealer called last night inquiring when the spring and fall GTG is going to be. Sounds like he will be putting together an enclosed trailer of fun........no pole dancers, I asked :hmm3grin2orange:

4 cube build off? It's never too soon to start building since I have no experience I'll need all the time I can get

I found two items from the last GTG that people may want back...

1.) Large Yellow and Black handled screw driver (found by where shaun tore his chain up)

2.) Box of what looks to be NOS homelite parts left in middle of GTG area...

I hate to bring this up since so many of you are now good friends of mine but something needs to be said... After looking in every box and every crevace of my messy garage and basement 3-4 times. I looked all friday afternoon and evening and all morning today... Well, one of my good 056 igns is MIA. I'm 100% sure I wouldn't throw it out. Nobody has been in my garage un-accompanied before or since the GTG, and I can't imagine anyone but a chainsaw freak would know what a 056 ign even looks like. Lets be clear, I'm not laying all/any of the blame on the Arboristsite crew I'm just expressing my disgust and sadness that it is missing... :msp_sad::msp_sad:

Last edited:

1.) Large Yellow and Black handled screw driver (found by where shaun tore his chain up)

2.) Box of what looks to be NOS homelite parts left in middle of GTG area...

I hate to bring this up since so many of you are now good friends of mine but something needs to be said... After looking in every box and every crevace of my messy garage and basement 3-4 times. I looked all friday afternoon and evening and all morning today... Well, one of my good 056 igns is MIA. I'm 100% sure I wouldn't throw it out. Nobody has been in my garage un-accompanied before or since the GTG, and I can't imagine anyone but a chainsaw freak would know what a 056 ign even looks like. Lets be clear, I'm not laying all/any of the blame on the Arboristsite crew I'm just expressing my disgust and sadness that it is missing... :msp_sad::msp_sad:

Really wish there was an un-like button right now to click. Really hope the 056 ign turns up!

I as well hope it turns up for you and us as well:msp_sad: I can't imagine anyone taking something as the thought never crossed my mind anyone would have to evne be concerned about such a thing.

I hope it is as simple as the scissors I have been looking for the last two weeks. I had pretty much put blame on everyone around me in our household as to the where abouts only to find them last night in the cubby in the fish tank stand that I had obviously put them there in the first place:rant:

Really wish there was an un-like button right now to click. Really hope the 056 ign turns up!
as rare as they are so do I

I as well hope it turns up for you and us as well:msp_sad: I can't imagine anyone taking something as the thought never crossed my mind anyone would have to evne be concerned about such a thing.

I hope it is as simple as the scissors I have been looking for the last two weeks. I had pretty much put blame on everyone around me in our household as to the where abouts only to find them last night in the cubby in the fish tank stand that I had obviously put them there in the first place:rant:

I would hope so too but I have spent the better part of 10-11 hrs looking for them piece by piece, in every box and tool chest and nook and cranny of my garage and basement where I have all my saw stuff. I was very careful to get like parts into the proper boxes when I was cleaning the garage for GTG... And have looked in all boxes 3+ times now. I know my place is messy but not so messy that I shouldn't have found them by now.

There were a few people at the gtg that weren't AS members but they weren't saw buffs they were just there for the fun. Even if someone were a clepto, I can't imagine someone randomly taking the coil, flywheel, and fan cover if they didn't know what they were...

Needless to say the saw was a rebuild project for a customer/friend (his grandfathers saw). If I can't find it I'll have to pony up $200+ to get it replaced from what I hear... win some/lose some but still a little hot about it :mad:

Anyhow not to dwell... ANyone know who the box of parts and screw driver belong to. It was suggested the parts box was seen on aborialbaffons tailgate?

Last edited:
So when are we going to have the fall mini GTG? I finally have all my chains sharpened from this GTG so I'm ready to go cut some wood with friends.

Could do something in Redfield, need to clear a spot for a pole barn.

as rare as they are so do I

I would hope so too but I have spent the better part of 10-11 hrs looking for them piece by piece, in every box and tool chest and nook and cranny of my garage and basement where I have all my saw stuff. I was very careful to get like parts into the proper boxes when I was cleaning the garage for GTG... And have looked in all boxes 3+ times now. I know my place is messy but not so messy that I shouldn't have found them by now.

There were a few people at the gtg that weren't AS members but they weren't saw buffs they were just there for the fun. Even if someone were a clepto, I can't imagine someone randomly taking the coil, flywheel, and fan cover if they didn't know what they were...

Needless to say the saw was a rebuild project for a customer/friend (his grandfathers saw). If I can't find it I'll have to pony up $200+ to get it replaced from what I hear... win some/lose some but still a little hot about it :mad:

Anyhow not to dwell... ANyone know who the box of parts and screw driver belong to. It was suggested the parts box was seen on aborialbaffons tailgate?

As far as the parts I think I heard they were free-bees if anybody needed them(in a smaller old cardboard box?). As far as your other MIA parts just sit and look and think, you had alot going on and hopefully just tucked them somewhere. I have found things years later that I was looking for, and other things (wifes wedding ring) that we swear was stolen only to pull the trash off the curb that day to find it($5000+). It's somewhere and just use your mind and I would hope no one here would do that.

..................I have spent the better part of 10-11 hrs looking for them piece by piece, in every box and tool chest and nook and cranny of my garage and basement where I have all my saw stuff. I was very careful to get like parts into the proper boxes when I was cleaning the garage for GTG... And have looked in all boxes 3+ times now. I know my place is messy but not so messy that I shouldn't have found them by now. ,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I know what it is like to be frustrated at not finding parts YOU KNOW YOU HAD:msp_smile: I am still looking for a parts Homelite 750 that "disapeared" circa 2008 when a fellow collector was here. I bet in the end I find that 750 just as you will find the 056 parts. Karma is a wicked woman

1.) Large Yellow and Black handled screw driver (found by where shaun tore his chain up)..............

Is it a Olympia brand, flat head, and say 3/8x6" on the handle?????????????

Back