Iowa Fall 2012 GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Freezer is ready and I got my addy sent off so everyone can expect plenty of salmon for the grill!

Also bottling the Bourbon Porter

I can smoke some of it before or just bring the smoker down? I named my middle boy Porter for a reason.....

Sent from my XT881 using Tapatalk 2

Dang, Bourbon Porter??? I do love a good Porter! You guys are making me jealous. If I only had enough airline miles and the fish weren't biting.

Dang, Bourbon Porter??? I do love a good Porter! You guys are making me jealous. If I only had enough airline miles and the fish weren't biting.

We could always come up, well some of us! I think I would rather put some food in the freezer, and I would like to see your country too!

Sent from my XT881 using Tapatalk 2

Freezer is ready and I got my addy sent off so everyone can expect plenty of salmon for the grill!

Also bottling the Bourbon Porter this weekend so hopefully it's ready to share a few in a couple weeks! Wendell your share will depend on if you leave bacon for others...:tongue: (if you can still make it that is...?)

What are the plans for Sat morning breakfast? how many people are we looking at being here by 7am? I have a decent size electric flat iron for making pancakes or french toast... OR for those with a sweet tooth I can make cream cheese and strawberry jam french toast sandwiches...

Nathan,
Mark, Mike and myself plan on camping Fri. night, so will be there for breakfast on Sat. morn.
Kodiak,
Awfully nice thing to do for us. Cant think when I have ever had fresh grilled or smoked salmon---Iam so looking forward to eating fresh Alaskan fish. Thank You.

Ron

Sat am breakfast: I will offer up a big batch of sausage gravy if someone wants to pony up a few dozen biscuits! I cant wait to see all you guys again, lord willing i have this damn 350 put together!! :angry:

The wife won't have much trouble baking up some fresh biscuits and bring them out hot from the oven... :) Work for you?

Who's bringing the bacon??? Seriously I'm actually curious who's bringing it?

Might be a cool morning breakfast... Might have to make a early morning camp fire... Or we can hide out in my garage if i have it cleaned out....:confused:

FYI: IF IT RAINS!!! We can move to Sunday... Just in case...

Also BRING YOUR BIG BARS! we have some big poplar to load up those 42in bars!!!

Logs are starting to flow in and my place is looking more and more like a GTG will happen. Need to check the warren co. burn ban and see if we can have campfires too...

Last edited:
Sat am breakfast: I will offer up a big batch of sausage gravy if someone wants to pony up a few dozen biscuits! I cant wait to see all you guys again, lord willing i have this damn 350 put together!! :angry:

Finished porting mine last night, cutting the base tonight at the shop... then it's assembly time. Final parts needed from Baileys should arrive today as well. I might actually have time to break it in before the GTG for once.

anybody traveling through SE Iowa on their way to the GTG? I might have a favor to beg of you...

The wife won't have much trouble baking up some fresh biscuits and bring them out hot from the oven... :) Work for you?

Who's bringing the bacon??? Seriously I'm actually curious who's bringing it?

Might be a cool morning breakfast... Might have to make a early morning camp fire... Or we can hide out in my garage if i have it cleaned out....:confused:

FYI: IF IT RAINS!!! We can move to Sunday... Just in case...

Also BRING YOUR BIG BARS! we have some big poplar to load up those 42in bars!!!

Logs are starting to flow in and my place is looking more and more like a GTG will happen. Need to check the warren co. burn ban and see if we can have campfires too...
i will be bringing 5 dozen eggs and 3# bacon

Mine is ready!!!!!!

mame2yhu.jpg

Should give me more time to eat :D:D

Last edited:
Hey fellas, I have a pair of Mac 3200 to relay to http://www.arboristsite.com/member.php?u=72328 down in Seymour, Mo..

Anyone traveling north or south on I29 past St. Joe and is interested give me or him a shout. I would be no more than three miles out of the way.

Yeah, I know, little plastic Macs arn't really worth it but what the heck.

Carl.

What started all this: http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/206162.htm

Work saw collector and I will be driving the 71/35 route... How close is that???

Back