Iowa Fall 2012 GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wood Doctor investigates the Makita tree.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

At the Iowa Fall GTG last year I passed along a piece of lumber to Wood Doctor that I had been given in Brasil, supposedly some kind of Brasilian cherry. I thought Ed could do something nice with it.

Little did I know, I would get it back looking like this:

attachment.php

Now I just have to decide which treasures to keep in the new tool box.

Thanks Doc!

Methinks , Wood Surgeon . That, is truly a treasure

At the Iowa Fall GTG last year I passed along a piece of lumber to Wood Doctor that I had been given in Brasil, supposedly some kind of Brasilian cherry. I thought Ed could do something nice with it.

attachment.php

Thanks Doc!

Methinks , Wood Surgeon . That, is truly a treasure

Where is Ed by the way??? I'm first in line for the makita when he gets tired of it...:msp_wink:
Good fella... Glad I got to meet him...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Thanks Doc!

Mark

Man Wood Doc that is a nice treasure chest.:rock::rock: Mark that would be tough to put tools in. Treasures yes.

................. It was great to meet the guys from OK, MO, WI and IL, also good to see friends I already knew. A big thanks to Kodiakyardboy for the fresh Salmon. ................... Ron

Ron,

I could not agree more. Many folks may be lost in geography but OK is a whole long ways south and a bit west of where the GTG was. That was a drive,:rock: I am east of the Mississippi and I had a whole lot shorter drive from IL then anyone from OK or south MO

At the Iowa Fall GTG last year I passed along a piece of lumber to Wood Doctor that I had been given in Brasil,

When you are back down there in Brazil grab some "old growth" Lyptus. You will be amazed at what can be done with it. I say old growth because you well know the properties and the changes it has underwent in just a few years. I wish I would have bought the entire 10,00 bd ft before Kel Welco when belly up

Those are some freaking nice box joints. I will bet they were cut with a HAND MADE JIG which is best method

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NfvW1HbsD8M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Test post.

[video=youtube_share;NfvW1HbsD8M]http://youtu.be/NfvW1HbsD8M[/video]

I'm sorry to have missed this one. Looks like a great time was had by all! Maybe next time.

Great job by all of documenting with videos and photos.

Special thanks to Mark and Bill. Hopefully I can get ahold of that box of baby saws sometimes soon!

Where is Ed by the way??? I'm first in line for the makita when he gets tired of it...:msp_wink:
Good fella... Glad I got to meet him...

NO WAY! I challenge that dibs!

That saw belongs with the Smurf family up here in Iowa... It wouldn't ever fit in with an Orange Dolmar family... Kinda like living with inlaws!:laugh:

srcarr's good runnin' 66...

[video=youtube;0Yl7Xr4GS0U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Yl7Xr4GS0U&list=UUfB03KVhJRBISPufMa8F7GA&index=1&feature=plcp[/video]

I still think my 210 was faster:hmm3grin2orange: sorry shawn had to throw a little jab out there but seriously nice runnin 66 there

Thanks, it's a work in progress, I think I can get a fair amount more. The exhaust duration is a little below stock and it doesn't have boost ports yet. But it runs pretty good and it's pulling a really aggressive chain with a 10 pin in the concrete wood. I don't know what kind of wood that stick was but I'm glad I wasn't running a 8pin or it would have broke the cutters off that race chain.

When and where is the Spring GTG ??????

So now that the Fall GTG is history who wants to host a Spring one?

I saw Nathan had stuck his matching blue's in a log and it looked like an opportunity...
That's one kick ass log... Just sayin...
Even Mark H. got in on the action with a rare "yellow" 166!!! We needed a counter weight... :hmm3grin2orange:
attachment.php

That is a rockin log! made it my new screen saver. I do have to ask... Was that 166 origionally yellow? didn't know what rare "yellow" 166 was refering to... Someone changing the color or if Dolmar sent out the 166 in yellow??? someone educate me!

That is a rockin log! made it my new screen saver. I do have to ask... Was that 166 origionally yellow? didn't know what rare "yellow" 166 was refering to... Someone changing the color or if Dolmar sent out the 166 in yellow??? someone educate me!

HeimannM can tell you a lot more specifics, but Dolmar made some saws for the yellow AND green companies...
I think he got the yellow one over seas...

And yes... That log is freaking awesome!!!

Back