Iowa Spring GTG II

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hosts sent me a couple pics to post. Looking good guys!

486469b2-71f4-a7b6.jpg

486469b2-7203-73d7.jpg

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Bill, do we need to meet you at the border of the Peoples Republik of Illinois and smuggle you in? Might need to rent a UHaul if you're bringing saws :D

Bill, do we need to meet you at the border of the Peoples Republik of Illinois and smuggle you in? Might need to rent a UHaul if you're bringing saws :D

Steve,

If we are lucky enough to get some rain here we might be mowing hay by the end of the month so that will take precedence over saws.

Bill

I'm not going to be able to make it. My trip schedule is going to interfere and I'm not going to miss that. Sorry guys, the beach is calling.
You guys have fun with out me!
This way wendell can win some races!!

I should be able to make this one. I've spent many nites on the marsh down there. I'll come down early saturday and bring some fresh eggs.

If it was just me, I might be convinced to tent it for breakfast. Mrs. 8433 says no motel, no go overnight. Don't know if I'm staying close or most of the way there, daughter 8433 may tag along. Please pack suspenders, Mr. the Wendell, the poor girl has been through enough in the past year.

And I'm with the Wendell as far as breakfast food goes, no bacon for yous.

You realize, per the hosts rules, that you will not be allowed to eat the eggs you bring? :msp_sad:

i am co-host and dont know of these rules you speak of! i dont know if i didnt send mitch the correct pics but there is half again as many logs as in pics.any where from 6in to 32in logs. my 11yr old said he wanted some for his little efco,so we got some small ones too ,if any one wants to use top handles or what ever.working on cleaning shop today,so hope we will be all ready.

I'm not going to be able to make it. My trip schedule is going to interfere and I'm not going to miss that. Sorry guys, the beach is calling.
You guys have fun with out me!
This way wendell can win some races!!

That is too bad as if I as allowed back in Iowa I would have loved to meet up with you again.

Bill

I am sorry to see that JD will be unable to make it this year, there should be a dislike button for that!! Hey Steve, I would make breakfast for you anytime.......I was just kidding about the eggs!! It would be an honor to see the 166 make it.........But even cooler to see the lil Homelite you have cut wood!! :msp_scared:

I think (didn't check back on the thread) there's a swap meet table going on? I'm gonna be a little limited on space coming down, so I'm gonna list what I have that might interest some of ya. If anyone has interest in one of them, let me know, and I'll drag it along, otherwise they'll stay in the shed.

McCullochs:

Super 44 - worked on this some, still needs carb work. I haven't ruled out making this one a runner before the GTG. Compression and spark are good, cosmetically decent.

The rest of the saws on the list are as they were when I got them, unless stated otherwise, they have at least some compression, are complete or mostly so, and in "found in barn" condition - dirty, but may or may not clean up well.

Super 55
1-51

Either the 55 or the 1-51 has a banged up wrap handle, I'd have to go to the shed and check to see which it is for sure.

Homelites:

C-52
C-7
C-91 locked up - likely seized, but haven't ruled out something simpler.

Gawd only knows what I might be interested in for trades...

If you want more sordid details and pics of any of these, let me know. They've been in project/someday status for a long time, and if they'll make somebody a well loved new saw, that's fine by me, I have plenty of things on my to do list.

It must be my time.:msp_smile: Not only am I banned from Iowa now I am Banned from AS for telling the truth This has been a heck of a week. Dog gone it what to do now

Shoot dogv diggitys I am gone I guess

Bill

Latest posts

Back