Iowa Spring GTG II

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AHHH yes!

Illinois, The "Left Coast" of the mid west.

There are a lot of danged good people in Illinois (and yes Bill is one of them) but like so many other states, the stupid policies that are required to control the idiots in ONE city are also imposed upon the good people of the state with a bit of sense!!!

Mike

Yep. That sounds like Ca to me Mike.....

I was thinking chicken fried steak and eggs with hashbrowns for those who camp!!

I hope you are including those who are camping at a motel. :hmm3grin2orange:

Ill make all of you a deal, I ll provide the chicken fried steaks if the other campers bring the other items (eggs potatoes gravy and such).:hmm3grin2orange:

I will be happy to bring some eggs.

And they also have some great shooting places there like Sparta, Milan and Barry just to name a few.
Scott

Well if you are talking about the Milan Gun Club then I am familiar with it.

If you ever get there run down the hill. I really mean run down the hill because it is less than a mile. to what is probably the largest gun auction you will find. Here is a link The Nation's Leading Auction House for Firearms, Edged Weapons, & Military Artifacts

The December auction brought in over 10 million dollars. They say the 3 day April sale will be larger. I know in the past there have been 2500 lots. They had a one episode show about the Hogan's a view months back. The owners live about 1/2 mile away from my in laws and the gun club is just down the road.

Bill

Well if you are talking about the Milan Gun Club then I am familiar with it.

If you ever get there run down the hill. I really mean run down the hill because it is less than a mile. to what is probably the largest gun auction you will find. Here is a link The Nation's Leading Auction House for Firearms, Edged Weapons, & Military Artifacts

The December auction brought in over 10 million dollars. They say the 3 day April sale will be larger. I know in the past there have been 2500 lots. They had a one episode show about the Hogan's a view months back. The owners live about 1/2 mile away from my in laws and the gun club is just down the road.

Bill

Yes thats the one I was talking about. I've burned alot of powder there.
I get a flyer from Rockisland awhile before the auction, and I drool every time I get it. A few years ago they had a Sharps rifle collection that belonged to Frank Sellers who wrote the book Sharps firearms. I would have loved to have gone to that one.

Scott

Last edited:
Why the hate for tenters:msp_mellow:

I have no hate for the tenters.

I just choose not to bring eggs that I am not allowed to eat.

So, tenters, bring your own damn eggs.

I'll be enjoying a nice breakfast at Mama Maxine's Diner in beautiful downtown Toledo.

And now that I think about it, I think my 166 may decide to not even make the trip. :msp_scared:

Well, I think we have enough logs gathered up now---around 30 or so---just need to get some of them up on the log rests and do some more cleaning on the shop and we will be READY!!!!! I hope you guys bring an appetite with you-for sawing that is. If we need more wood we can always go to the edge of the field and cut down more trees.We dont have a shortage!

Ron

I'll be enjoying a nice breakfast at Mama Maxine's Diner in beautiful downtown Toledo.

And now that I think about it, I think my 166 may decide to not even make the trip. :msp_scared:

You could sneak over to the tent city in the early morning with the 166 and wake everyone up with it:msp_sneaky:

I can pick something up on my way down Friday, just let me know what you want me to grab. Whinedull is welcome to some too, provided he's not wearing sweats! :jester:

I hope to have a couple more old saws running by then. Need to get a couple carb kits and some time to work on them.

Then I ain't bringing any eggs. :msp_mad:

Well if I could legally bring eggs I would but since Iowa law prevents me from doing it I will have to throw them away.

Funny how some complain about Illinois being a "communist state" in regards to guns but hell they forget Iowa hates any out of state fowl:confused:

I can pick something up on my way down Friday, just let me know what you want me to grab. Whinedull is welcome to some too, provided he's not wearing sweats! :jester:

I hope to have a couple more old saws running by then. Need to get a couple carb kits and some time to work on them.

Hashbrowns if you like would work!!

Packing it up and sending it to Ca instead Steve? I'll send you my shipping address.:jester:

Have a fun, safe event and PLEASE shoot lots of pics and video. No need to get any pics of Steve's sweatpants (or any 'rear' areas not covered by them) however.....:msp_scared:

Latest posts

Back