Iowa Spring GTG II

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good morning,I thought that this thread needed a Bump. You Iowa boys are slacking here,need to keep this on page one. I'm looking forward to this GTG,The Hosky family are good people and I enjoy talking to them. I will see several of you at Matt's in about 19 days,Lord willing and the crick don't rise. I might even have a Stumpbroke suprise to bring to Iowa.:msp_biggrin: Have a safe one today and every day. Later Jim

Hi, Jim !

Good morning,I thought that this thread needed a Bump. You Iowa boys are slacking here,need to keep this on page one. I'm looking forward to this GTG,The Hosky family are good people and I enjoy talking to them. I will see several of you at Matt's in about 19 days,Lord willing and the crick don't rise. I might even have a Stumpbroke suprise to bring to Iowa.:msp_biggrin: Have a safe one today and every day. Later Jim

Good morning right back at ya! Contrary to what you Mo guys might think, there's some good folks up here north of you too. I'll bump this by noting that I am posting from fabulous southern California. It feels like I am on another planet as I can barely identify every fourth tree I see here. Big eucs, tall palms and all sorts of other plants about which I have no clue. Overall, it is amazing to see the sheer girth of these woody plants. Saw one yesterday growing streetside that would have required Shaun's new extenda-bar. Must have been 6 feet across that monster! Enjoy that cold and snow now fellas.......

Good morning right back at ya! Contrary to what you Mo guys might think, there's some good folks up here north of you too. I'll bump this by noting that I am posting from fabulous southern California. It feels like I am on another planet as I can barely identify every fourth tree I see here. Big eucs, tall palms and all sorts of other plants about which I have no clue. Overall, it is amazing to see the sheer girth of these woody plants. Saw one yesterday growing streetside that would have required Shaun's new extenda-bar. Must have been 6 feet across that monster! Enjoy that cold and snow now fellas.......

Nawww... just use a 36" and the classic spiral stump approach. :msp_biggrin:

I was there a few months ago and I so wanted to drop some of those big eucs. Up around Santa Maria there are a lot of gnarly oaks that need to be cut but Cali law won't let you touch them.

Did stumpy do a remington?? That'd be worth seeing you race! Bwahahahahaha.....

I guess I will have to keep bumping this thread until I get Mikey straightened out. I think he needs a trip to the wood shed,to teach him some respect for his elders.:) I did have a good phone conversation with him yesterday. Looking forward to seeing a bunch of you guys at Hedgerow's. If the weather cooperates,it should be one to remember. Saw safe and keep the shiney side up. Later Jim

I guess I will have to keep bumping this thread until I get Mikey straightened out. I think he needs a trip to the wood shed,to teach him some respect for his elders.:) I did have a good phone conversation with him yesterday. Looking forward to seeing a bunch of you guys at Hedgerow's. If the weather cooperates,it should be one to remember. Saw safe and keep the shiney side up. Later Jim

You will have to forgive them Jim. They seem to be a quiet lot. :potstir::potstir:

I think this belongs to sumbody here.:msp_thumbup:
http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/232204.htm

I admit it. It's mine. Will take delivery of saw at the GTG. Still have no bar for it. I just left the saw shop with no bar. I did not think I could handle the 60 inch husky bar. It was a pretty orange. Plus the saw and bar would be taller than I am. Waiting for 50" bar. Back ordered until June.

Hmm I've got one of those kind of saws. It's going to play in the 65 and under class in two weeks

It'll be a race for 3rd place...
Those blasted 365's are all but impossible to beat...
Hopefully someone cuts out...
:msp_wink:

I've got something on the bench that'll hopefully change that :big_smile: just wondering you talked to stumpy today?

You will have to forgive them Jim. They seem to be a quiet lot. :potstir::potstir:

I suppose we can be a bit quiet, but mostly just stinking tired and too busy! Mark and I have been working 10 hour days and 6 days a week since Christmas------just doesnt leave a lot of time for other things. Our kids have been helping Grandpa with some of the farm chores since we have been gone so much. Good thing Mike, Alex, and Shaun were willing to help out and get some trees ready to pull out or we wouldnt have much to cut on the 27th. It sounds like working on Saturdays has come to and end, so that will help!
Hopefully this weather gets better so we can get more done around the place and get some things set up. We have requested a nice 50-60 degree day with a light breeze and no liquid sunshine.:hmm3grin2orange:

Later, Ron

Morning Ron,it's winter wonderland here this morning. Dont take my posts too seriously, I just enjoy yanking Mikey's chain once in a while.:msp_smile: I can relate to the hours you have been working. One time at the can plant where I worked we were scheduled for seven twelve's for three months. You got to where you didn't care what day it was,just what time it was. It's good the kids are old enough to pick up some of the slack. Familys that work and play together,stay to together through thick and thin. Kudos to Mike,Alex and Shaun for their help. These GTG's seem to be getting bigger and bigger,a lot of people don't realize the amount of work and money involved in hosting one of these events. Say hello to Grandpa and Mark for me and I will see you in April,Lord willing and the crick don't rise.

Morning Ron! Get much snow over there? With you having a little more free time and the days getting longer we will have to plan an woods/gtg prep day! As long as we don't have to spend all of our time getting mike and his wood hauler hotrod unstuck!! Sorry mike, its rare I can take a jab at ya so when the opportunity presents its self I'm taking it!

Back