Iowa Spring GTG II

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Morning Ron,it's winter wonderland here this morning. Dont take my posts too seriously, I just enjoy yanking Mikey's chain once in a while.:msp_smile: I can relate to the hours you have been working. One time at the can plant where I worked we were scheduled for seven twelve's for three months. You got to where you didn't care what day it was,just what time it was. It's good the kids are old enough to pick up some of the slack. Familys that work and play together,stay to together through thick and thin. Kudos to Mike,Alex and Shaun for their help. These GTG's seem to be getting bigger and bigger,a lot of people don't realize the amount of work and money involved in hosting one of these events. Say hello to Grandpa and Mark for me and I will see you in April,Lord willing and the crick don't rise.

Hi, Jim
Na, I didnt take you too seriously! And yes it is good to have family around for help and support. I'll say hello to all and looking forward to April and drinking some coffee while visiting with you, Jim.

Ron

Morning Ron! Get much snow over there? With you having a little more free time and the days getting longer we will have to plan an woods/gtg prep day! As long as we don't have to spend all of our time getting mike and his wood hauler hotrod unstuck!! Sorry mike, its rare I can take a jab at ya so when the opportunity presents its self I'm taking it!

Alex, we have 3-4 inches as of now and yes, we'll plan a GTG prep day soon!
Mike can take the harassment so dont let up too much guys.:clap:

Ron

Morning Ron! Get much snow over there? With you having a little more free time and the days getting longer we will have to plan an woods/gtg prep day! As long as we don't have to spend all of our time getting mike and his wood hauler hotrod unstuck!! Sorry mike, its rare I can take a jab at ya so when the opportunity presents its self I'm taking it!

yes we will plan on that! im anxious to run the 550! put a alex pipe on the 346 today,sounds nice:msp_biggrin:

hi Jim! cant wait to see all at th gtg:cheers::cheers:

Evening mark! It's a rare occurrence finding me running anything but the 550, but when it happens grab it and run it. I did pull put the 655bp the other day just for ####z and giggles, put a grin of m face for sure. How's that "555" running?

Evening mark! It's a rare occurrence finding me running anything but the 550, but when it happens grab it and run it. I did pull put the 655bp the other day just for ####z and giggles, put a grin of m face for sure. How's that "555" running?

what little ive used it ,runs sweet:clap::smile2:

next the 555 gets a alex pipe,but like u have said is more than a afternoons job!

It's not to terrible if you don't completely gut the muffler, I've got another one to do if you wanna send yours with mike some day. Shouldn't take to long.

Morning Ron,it's winter wonderland here this morning. Dont take my posts too seriously, I just enjoy yanking Mikey's chain once in a while.:msp_smile: I can relate to the hours you have been working. One time at the can plant where I worked we were scheduled for seven twelve's for three months. You got to where you didn't care what day it was,just what time it was. It's good the kids are old enough to pick up some of the slack. Familys that work and play together,stay to together through thick and thin. Kudos to Mike,Alex and Shaun for their help. These GTG's seem to be getting bigger and bigger,a lot of people don't realize the amount of work and money involved in hosting one of these events. Say hello to Grandpa and Mark for me and I will see you in April,Lord willing and the crick don't rise.

There is that CRICK again....... Jim will never learn.....:dizzy:

I am happy that you may have a saw to contend with but, I want to see YOU race it Jim. (Please let it be something other than a creamsickle)

The GTG Outhouse is coming along nicely, I got 1.5 walls and the ceiling sheeted with barnboards yesterday and the wiring roughed in. I need some more practice wood for hedgerows for sure but I will see how fast Alex is at the changeovers tonight. I can't wait to see that 550 fly thru the wood!!

There is that CRICK again....... Jim will never learn.....:dizzy:

I am happy that you may have a saw to contend with but, I want to see YOU race it Jim. (Please let it be something other than a creamsickle)

The GTG Outhouse is coming along nicely, I got 1.5 walls and the ceiling sheeted with barnboards yesterday and the wiring roughed in. I need some more practice wood for hedgerows for sure but I will see how fast Alex is at the changeovers tonight. I can't wait to see that 550 fly thru the wood!!

This year an outhouse, next year a bunkhouse.:rock:

I really like that count down clock that Mike posted over in the Mo. GTG thread. It is on page 273,
he needs to post one on here in the near future. I guess that boy does have some redeeming qualitys.:)

The countdown

<iframe src="http://free.timeanddate.com/countdown/i3k70p5j/n895/cf12/cm0/cu4/ct0/cs1/ca0/co1/cr0/ss0/cac000/cpc000/pct/tcfff/fs275/szw448/szh189/tatIowa%20Spring%20GTG%20III/tac000/tptTime%20since%20Event%20started%20in/tpc000/iso2013-04-27T08:00:00/bas4/bat5/pd2" frameborder="0" width="709" height="192"></iframe>:blob2::blob2::blob2:

31 one days to get the PM800 a running. Is it going to happen Jim? Talk to me man talk to me:msp_biggrin:

31 one days to get the PM800 a running. Is it going to happen Jim? Talk to me man talk to me:msp_biggrin:

I am going to town in a little bit and check some boxs,I found a nice A cylinder in the garage yesterday. We will get you good B cylinder,just bear with me.

I am going to town in a little bit and check some boxs,I found a nice A cylinder in the garage yesterday. We will get you good B cylinder,just bear with me.

This trip to town you might have to make your rounds to your lady friends and there is no telling what will come of that:wink2:

Assuming Jim goes chasing ladies, better hope he doesn't find a slow or wounded one. If he does catch one, I bet we won't hear from him 'til NEXT year's GTG time. Go gettum Jim!

edit: He did say he was goin' to town to "check some boxes......"

Last edited:
This trip to town you might have to make your rounds to your lady friends and there is no telling what will come of that:wink2:

Home cooking,cake,pie,cookies and a gentleman doesn't tell. Might have to do some honey do's,but the benifits are good. Puts a whole new meaning on the word Widow Maker.:msp_smile:

Latest posts

Back