Iowa Spring GTG II

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I stopped at the TSC store in St. Joesph,Mo. this afternoon to buy some Husky stuff,half off.:msp_smile: I asked about when they were getting the Jonsered saws in,I was told Monday. I asked what models,he said five homeowners and one pro,2166? He showed me the layout on the computer and asked me about the quality of the saws,as he knew nothing about Jonsered. I gave him a quick rundown on the Husqvarna saw family and assured him the quality was the same as the Huskys he had been selling.

I will have power by generator or by the invertor you can use too.

Looking forward to cutting some big oak. No spikes please. The cookies are done. Also two doz brownies.

Your read my mind on the brownies. I think I'm addicted to them....

Looking forward to cutting some big oak. No spikes please. The cookies are done. Also two doz brownies.

Put those brownies under lock and key,I like cookies,but brownies are King.:rock:

I plan on sleeping the shop if that works out. Hope to leave here around 12-1 and then see how much time we spend at the mac muesum and then down. I actually forgot where we are even going. My vehicle will auto pilot to Marks though:laugh:

I will be home all day Friday and trying to decide what to bring...

Winter projects that have never seen wood:

1-86
PM570
7-10
PM805
SP80
SP81E

Always fun:

BP-1
2-10G (just to tease Jim)
PM55 recently rebuilt

Maybe:

PM850 to compare with Steve
PM800 to compare with Struggle

SP125?
SP118?
PM1000?
1-72 for the fun of it?
3-10E with jumper cables?

If the weather cooperates I may pull the trailer, or maybe just throw a few in the back of Mweba's truck. I could bring the BP399T and win all "make the most noise" contests.

Mark

My list of saws won't be long:msp_scared: I have not done anything with the 125 oil issue. I could bring the

Homie 2000 if it will start. Not run since fall GTG. actually have considered selling it for what I have in it if interest.
PM800 it's on Mark:msp_sneaky: Let get a at least a tank through it first so it can be tuned.
The very nice 10-10S if I can avoid setting it on fire with the leaking fuel tank.
MS460 ported
MS660 ported
Dolmar 5100S trying to sort out a possible coil issue
oh and the MS201T
and a Stihl 032 which will not be coming home with me:msp_biggrin:

I won't even attempt that... :dizzy:
I gotta stay on a project from start to finish...

I do, however, tend to keep miscellaneous parts I may "need" later...
Till I get tired of tripping over them... Then I throw em' out...:bang:

It's a long and painful story how it got this way. Bought it and a plain 264 for a few bucks for the pair. The other had good comp and no sparky, this one scored and had spark. I took the clutch side down to help some of the guys in the you-name-it, they've-been-labeled-it thead, then some months later, decided to look into it. Pulled the carb, exhaust, etc off., then pulled the cylinder. Ordered rings, got the wrong dang ones. Back to the shelf for a while. Couple months ago, Jeff hooked me up with the right rings, and since it'd been sucking dirt so long that the inside of the crank was full of bad looking stuff, I got seals, case gasket, etc. It sat again for a while, till I finally finished the teardown last week.

Starting reassembly tonight, if I don't run into issues, it will run before I go to work tomorrow afternoon. I'm taking step by step pics, will put them in a thread sometime after IA so the next poor schlob has something more than a grainy IPL to go by.

With luck tomorrow night, I'll just have to load saws and stuff.

Planning to bring:

Dolmar 7300, 5100, and 420
Oly 264F (wish me luck, I might need it!)
Pioneer P-60
Mac PM850
Homey XP1000 if it cooperates, but I ain't holding my breath.
Couple other older little misc saws.
a RH start 10-10 to drop off to MNSam on the way down.

Hope to pull in late Friday evening. Depending on arrival time, might put the tent up or crash on shop floor again.

Had a good night last night got the big bore 046 done . I also watched a cross cut saw being sharpened . last year at this time I only had one saw . Now I have a 084,038 mastermined, 046 ported,041, Ms460,Ms192t and lots of other parts saws. Does any one have any stihl 404 presets and straps thay would sell? I only need a couple. See you guys Saturday morning. Lee

Had a good night last night got the big bore 046 done . I also watched a cross cut saw being sharpened . last year at this time I only had one saw . Now I have a 084,038 mastermined, 046 ported,041, Ms460,Ms192t and lots of other parts saws. Does any one have any stihl 404 presets and straps thay would sell? I only need a couple. See you guys Saturday morning. Lee

Sure sounds like you been over on Cherry st in North Liberty!:msp_sneaky: I have heard a lot about you and cant wait to meet you!

Marcy spoils us!!!! Lovin' IT!!!!

Just heard from my chainsaw buddy out of Ida Grove (another Mike... just what we need right :dizzy: ) Anyhow he's bringing some old 2mans for us to play with!!!!

Mac 940
Disston DA211
Mall 11
Mall 7

Plus other old school mag to have fun with!
The 2 Malls are up for sale or trade if anyone needs to feed a 2 man CAD hankering...

I just got a couple 35cc saws done last night. My ported saw fell through so I'll be running a stock saw with sharp chain on the 40cc saw race. I got my P52 completed last night so I might bring that along...

Last edited:
Marcy spoils us!!!! Lovin' IT!!!!

Just heard from my chainsaw buddy out of Ida Grove (another Mike... just what we need right :dizzy: ) Anyhow he's bringing some old 2mans for us to play with!!!!

Mac 940
Disston DA211
Mall 11
Mall 7

Plus other old school mag to have fun with!
The 2 Malls are up for sale or trade if anyone needs to feed a 2 man CAD hankering...

I just got a couple 35cc saws done last night. My ported saw fell through so I'll be running a stock saw with sharp chain on the 40cc saw race. I got my P52 completed last night so I might bring that along...

Sounds like a good time with the with the 2 man's ! Chris is bringing his KB6.

Is that P 52 going to be up for trade ?

Sounds like a good time with the with the 2 man's ! Chris is bringing his KB6.

Is that P 52 going to be up for trade ?

yeah I'd consider trading the P52... you got something cool or Makita/Dolmar related??? Also i had to rob a decomp valve from my 655 for the P52 so if you have a spare one that might help sweeten any trade you got :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back