Iowa Spring GTG II

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never know, I might have something, I'll see ya Sat.

Yep come find me... I'll be easy to spot with a gaggle of blue saws coming from the truck/trailer! :)

PS: for the newbies this might help you... The building and field where the action will be! notice the map says 350th but believe the sign off hwy 66 reads V-ave. google maps and map quest don't quite mark the farm location correctly... 1.2miles north off hwy66 on V-ave on the right hand/east side of road!

Last edited:
attachment.php

The local sawmill just returned my call and tomorrow I will be picking up a couple big nasty 40"+ for the 2 mans and 3120. Stay away from the hardware in it:angry: Outhouse is on the trailer and now its time to work on saws.:msp_sneaky:

The local sawmill just returned my call and tomorrow I will be picking up a couple big nasty 40"+ for the 2 mans and 3120. Stay away from the hardware in it:angry: Outhouse is on the trailer and now its time to work on saws.:msp_sneaky:

:rock: I'm ready for it to be Saturday. It's been a busy week and I'm ready for the fun road trip

Well, the 264F ain't coming. I just got a big fat "F" in crankcase sealing 101, and no time to rework it.

I did run the schedule for the road trip, and should be there about midnight at the latest. Good roads, light traffic, and quick stops might shave an hour off of that.

I'll be bringing a couple things along for the door prize table - a SBI (stoves) hoodie (I'm not much on hoodies, asked Fyrebug for a hat when I bought my stove, and he hooked me up with a hat, t-shirt, and the hoodie, so I'll pass it along), and a couple pairs of cut resistant gloves, suitable for keeping the blood from leaking out when sharpening chains.

Well, the 264F ain't coming. I just got a big fat "F" in crankcase sealing 101, and no time to rework it.

I did run the schedule for the road trip, and should be there about midnight at the latest. Good roads, light traffic, and quick stops might shave an hour off of that.

I'll be bringing a couple things along for the door prize table - a SBI (stoves) hoodie (I'm not much on hoodies, asked Fyrebug for a hat when I bought my stove, and he hooked me up with a hat, t-shirt, and the hoodie, so I'll pass it along), and a couple pairs of cut resistant gloves, suitable for keeping the blood from leaking out when sharpening chains.

And here I thought a little blood made the chains cut faster...:msp_confused:
Man... Was I lied to!!!

I got a couple new pen lights for checking cylinders and a NOS bar or two for the door prize table...

bushwackr from North Dakota is sending his 029super down to be rebuilt by the bailey's 390 kit. He's had a rough go of it with his 029super: 2 bad AM kits... I felt we could rebuild his saw for him and in return he's sending a few door prizes and 4x $20 northwoodsaw.com gift certificates. I'm going to add my 2cents in on the 390 build, and request to do the rebuild with a few of my 12v drills so we can see how fast it can actually be done... :msp_biggrin: We've already seen 3-4 of these things being done in about 1hr... I want to see if we can cut that in HALF!!!!

It's about time I sharpen some 42" chains anyway.

I ain't bringin' a biggun' to play with...
I think I'll run you all's instead...
Heck, I may only bring one saw...
Levi, on the other hand, Not sure there...

You've already got a 385 to play with. I'll even let you race with it, but 24 in b&c is the smallest I have for it.

Latest posts

Back