Iron and oak log cradle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tdb

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have bought a I/O 22 splitter , I have used it a few time , I can see that I will need a log table or cradle , could someone with a cradle on there I/O please post some good pictures of the cradle , and tell me how they like it, I was wondering if 150.00 was worth the cost of the cradle from the factory .

Thanks TEDMI.

100_0083.jpg

imo its well worth it as the splits fall right on the fenders every time, and if its made by iron and oak you know its a quality piece

i will be ordering it and a dislodger when i get back to work here soon:cheers:

Iron and Oak

this is one I purchased on Ebay from I think either blaze33 or flame33, can't remember the name. It is a back saver, can hold a good bit of wood too.

attachment.php

this is one I purchased on Ebay from I think either blaze33 or flame33, can't remember the name. It is a back saver, can hold a good bit of wood too.

attachment.php

Did you have to drill the beam to attach that table? I'm curious as I'll most likely be picking up the same splitter tomorrow.

Looking at the Same thing

I have the same log cradle from 33flame and yes you have to drill the beam.

I was thinking about buying the same thing on ebay. Would you buy another one like this if you had to? Are they husky enough to hold some of those bigger chunks or does the shelf start to wobble?

Thanks in Advance

I was thinking about buying the same thing on ebay. Would you buy another one like this if you had to? Are they husky enough to hold some of those bigger chunks or does the shelf start to wobble?

Thanks in Advance

Yeah, I'd buy the same one again. It is sturdy ehough to hold very large pieces. Also, it comes off in seconds without having to unbolt if you need to split large rounds vertically.

had to drill

Yes, I had to drill holes for mounting. I'm surprised how it holds as I sometimes roll a pretty good split piece on to it. I also like the fact that I can stack on it and then roll them on to the splitter rail and not have to stop to pick up another piece. When I occasionally have a helper they load the cradle and I just keep splitting. Well worth the money for me.

Yeah, I'd buy the same one again. It is sturdy ehough to hold very large pieces. Also, it comes off in seconds without having to unbolt if you need to split large rounds vertically.

Thanks for the Quick reply. I've been watching two different types of these on eBay and keep thinking I'll make my own "someday" Seems like Someday never comes. One good hit on the engine with a chunk of wood and this thing would pay for itself. Plus! cut down on all that bending over.

Back