Is it just me? (another ebay rant)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Is it just me, or should I not expect when a seller list something on Ebay to actually receive what was listed?

When I don't receive what I expect, should I be expected to pay return shipping to return the unwanted item?

I bought a 32" supposedly NOS 3/8'" .063 Poulan Pro bar from this guy.
http://cgi.ebay.com/32-BAR-3-8-POUL...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3ca75eee18

Notice in the subtitle the list of saws he says it fits but most importantly look in the subtitle where it says D096 D196. That's telling me that it is a Homelite mount which Poulan actually used alot of. I have seen that on Oregon and Windsor bars over the years.

It's also telling me that this bar would require a 105dl chain. Also notice the picture where it shows the bar and sprocket tip the same color.

Now when I received the bar I was greeted to this sprocket tip.
attachment.php

Anyone recognize this bar tip? I'm guessing it came from someplace in China. It was not oem for sure and the rivet on the other side is not even flush with the side of the bar.

Now for the other surprise, it is not a D096 OR a D196 mount. It is in fact a D007 Pioneer mount. That is not so much of a problem as they are so close they will interchange but the real problem to me is that the D007 mount bars use 110DL chains.

Now the combination of the tip and the clearly stated mount style being wrong has me somewhat steamed.

The seller clearly will not pay the return shipping in his replys to me after I let him know that this item he listed was not as described.

In his defense I did not read the shipping and payment tab on the auction listing as I seem to always never see that since Ebay went to that format some time ago.

I was sure I was going to open a claim with PayPal but decided it probably wouldn't be worth the trouble. I still get mad about it and want to do something though.

Maybe it isnt worth the hassle and I'll go buy a 110dl chain and hope for the best with this sprocket tip. I was going to put this on my CS-900 Echo which actually uses a Homelite bar mount so it won't be used that often anyway.

At the very least guys beware of this shady seller as even after I let him know he listed the bar mount wrong he still list them that way.

That's a bunch of crap!! I would have them make it right, get the one in the auction.

Mike

I don't know it all, but I believe that PayPal will require a full refund to you since the item was not as described.

It does look like you did not receive the bar in the photo.

It is all not all that hard to file a claim now. The seller should cover his mistake and pay shipping both ways.

I have done so in the past when I shipped the wrong item.

I fel your pain Mark. I would leave him negative comments on the positive feedback. That bar you got sure doesnt look like the ad pic.Tell how bar has different tip and not listed properly. Dont be an ass but tell the truth. Im sure alot of buyers read the comments and will see them. :cheers:

Last edited:
Sure glad you posted this though, Mark. I've been watching his bars and almost pulled the trigger on the same bar. Would have bought it if it was a 28" bar. Thanks for the info. Sorry about your trouble.

Thats for sure, I'm still kinda hot about it. If you read between the lines when you look closer, this guy knew what he was doing.

AUCTION IS FOR ONE NEW 32" PRO BAR REPLACEABLE SPROCKET NOSE ONE RIVET OREGON TYPE 3/8 .063 GAUGE NO CHAIN

Oregon type? I guess I should have caught that, but then there was the picture of the bar that looked like it should so I guess I didn't

Then there is this
EMAIL WITH SIZE OF YOUR SAW TO VERIFY FIT CHECK OUT OUR OTHER BAR & CHAINS LISTED OR CONTACT ME & I WILL PUT UP A BUY IT NOW FOR SIZE YOU NEED THE PICTURE MAY NOT BE THE SAME BAR YOU RECIEVE BUT IT WILL BE THE SAME BRAND, QUALITY & NEW

Ok so it says it maynot be the bar pictured, big deal right? But then there is that same brand, quality and new thing. That tip aint the same and probably not the same quality, plus the bad rivit job.

Thing is I (a Poulan guy) knew that there was never a Poulan Pro saw that size that used a D096 bar mount but never thought about it since there were some big Poulans that did use that D096 mount.

So for it to be a Poulan Pro branded bar it had to be a D009 or a D007 and the picture showed that for sure it was not a D009 so I figured that he was right on the bar mount listing and never gave it a second thought.

I still think it was a listing that was intended to be missleading and it was actually a false statement on the bar mount.

Even if it wasnt intended to be false, he should not still be listing those bars like he did after I pointed out the difference in the bars and mounts.

I feel like that even if I don't pursue a PayPal dispute that there should be a way that I can report that false listing he is using.

Does anyone know this seller? Could he be a member? I would hope not.

Last edited:
I would dispute it. I'm sure he'd do the same for you if the shoe were on the other foot....

I purchased a nos 32" Pioneer bar from this same seller. The bar in the picture he had was flawless. The bar I recieved from him was new, however you could hardly read Pioneer on the bar from years of moving it around. It was not a major deal, I just figured I was getting the bar in the picture. I was considering returning it, but did not want to pay the return shipping. I never left a feedback, I should have left a neg.

Sounds like this guy just simply doesn't know what he's doing?

We actually had a whole pile of NOS Poulan and Pioneer bars like that one when I first went to work at the last Poulan/Pioneer/McCulloch/Husqvarna dealer I worked for. Apparently the bars were shipped with new powerheads and the bars were delivered without any tips. We had to install the tips.

I do know that for a while the bars were made by Oregon for Poulan and then they switched to Cannon for a time. We had nine or so left that had been made by Cannon.

Mark let me know what you have to get out of that D007 bar I am in need of them I had bought a bunch of them from the forester people years back and have since ran out but I have one guy using that bar in .404 on his Timberwolf CMX Processor.

Scott

I wanted to add that his packaging sucked also. He just wrapped it in Priority paper/tape and shipped it. Not even any cardboard folded over the ends to help protect it.

He should pay the return shipping if he wants positive feedback or work out some compensation. The picture is misleading, the wording in the discription looks pickled, looks to me he discribed and made it look like a much better bar then actual, then the mount thing. I don't like giving negative feedback but I will if I am sure they were deceptive and not willing to take back the item at their expense for shipping. If it clearly was my mistake I don't mind paying shipping both ways as a seller or a buyer.
If I were in your position I would tell him what you expect at this point and if he gives you a hard time give him appropriate feedback so the rest of the ebay community has a chance to see what to expect from him as a seller. He already has 1 each negative and neutral in the last month. He should be at least fairly concerned about his ratings dropping anymore.

file the claim and use misleading title as the complaint, paypal will hold the funds in his account until it's resolved....

you could also ask for a partial refund, this has worked for me a few times...

Mark let me know what you have to get out of that D007 bar I am in need of them I had bought a bunch of them from the forester people years back and have since ran out but I have one guy using that bar in .404 on his Timberwolf CMX Processor.

Scott

Scott, this bar has a 3/8's tip on it in case you missed that. Just so you know, I only gave the opening bid on it + shipping.

I would trade it for a 105dl bar in either Homelite or Husky mount and would be glad to pay shipping since that would be cheaper at this point then a 110 dl chain.

Latest posts

Back