Is it just me? (another ebay rant)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mark,

I was, a couple of months ago, giving thought to buying one of his 32" PP bars for my 655. I wanted to make sure the bar would read 'Poulan Pro' and he assured me it would. Something in his wording made me think twice:

"THE PICTURE MAY NOT BE THE SAME BAR YOU RECIEVE BUT IT WILL BE THE SAME BRAND, QUALITY & NEW"

I didn't trust his assurances so I held onto my money and moved on. Sorry you had to be the one to find out the hard way.

Chris B.

Mark why do you keep buying off Ebay when there are 100s of guys here that want to help each other and usually are easier to deal with? Try here first for what you need.

Why? Your kidding right?

OK then, how many of the 100's of guys here have a new 32" .063 in a Homelite D096 mount. And on top of that at a resonable cost?

On top of that I checked with some sponsors before I bought this one from ebay and nada.......

Why? Your kidding right?

OK then, how many of the 100's of guys here have a new 32" .063 in a Homelite D096 mount. And on top of that at a resonable cost?

On top of that I checked with some sponsors before I bought this one from ebay and nada.......

Sorry, all I have are D007 mount NOS ones with chineese tips.....:cheers:

Mark,

I was, a couple of months ago, giving thought to buying one of his 32" PP bars for my 655. I wanted to make sure the bar would read 'Poulan Pro' and he assured me it would. Something in his wording made me think twice:

"THE PICTURE MAY NOT BE THE SAME BAR YOU RECIEVE BUT IT WILL BE THE SAME BRAND, QUALITY & NEW"

I didn't trust his assurances so I held onto my money and moved on. Sorry you had to be the one to find out the hard way.

Chris B.

Chris, this bar is the one I think for your 655 but I'm not sure if its the same quality or not with this tip on it.

Why? Your kidding right?

No I am not kidding.
1. Did you put it out here first?
2. Did you put it in the wanted ads? The trade thread?
3. Just because you know the mounts by a number doesn't mean the hunderds of guys on here know what you need. Say what you mean in plain language not chainsaw shop language.
4. A picture of the mount type will help those that have some things they may want to trade or sell.
To answer your question as to how many of the 100s of guys here have what you need=== you only need one, right?

No I am not kidding.
3. Just because you know the mounts by a number doesn't mean the hunderds of guys on here know what you need. Say what you mean in plain language not chainsaw shop language.
4. A picture of the mount type will help those that have some things they may want to trade or sell.
To answer your question as to how many of the 100s of guys here have what you need=== you only need one, right?

You make it sound like you have what Mark is looking for.....do you??

No I am not kidding.

No I did not put it out here. I did check a couple of sponsors here though.

You do realize that Oregon does not make that bar any more don't you?

I see your point on the bar mount thing though as its obvious the seller of the bar I bought don't know them either, he just thought he did.

Actually I could use two of those bars. How many do you have and how much for them do you want?

If you don't have them I'm sure your going to tell me who does have them right?

If not then I'll shop where I want and you can shop where you want! :)

No I am not kidding.

You seem to be trying to make Mark look like some newby idiot.
I can assure you that this isn't his first rodeo.
The fact is that e-bay is the largest marketplace in the world.
If you know what you are looking for, and the seller knows what they have, there are myriad great transactions at your fingertips. Unfortunately, there are sellers (as well as buyers) that don't know what they have and/or resort to unsavory practices to move their wares.

I am willing to bet you my next paycheck that Mark knew EXACTLY what he wanted and it is obvious by a bit of careful study that the seller orchestrated the wording of this ad to imply something that proved not to be as alluded to.
I view this listing as extremely disingenuous at best, and borders (or crosses the border) on the old "bait and switch" ruse that has been found to be one of the flagships of false advertising.
I hope you never fall victim to a predatory seller with a misleading line.

I don't know where this thread evolved into a condemnation thread of one of the most knowledgeable members of this site, who was trying to help his fellow members keep from being taken advantage of but I, for one do NOT appreciate it.

Mike

I agree 100% Mike!!! Modifiedmark, is probably the most knowledegable, helpfull, tell it like it is, member on here. Knows more about these older saws than most younger guys never even heard of!! When some of us has a question on an old Poulan or such, Mark is THE Go to guy. He would say thats not so, but we all know he is!! :clap:

Heres to ya both, Mike & Mark
:cheers:
Gregg,

You seem to be trying to make Mark look like some newby idiot.
I can assure you that this isn't his first rodeo.
The fact is that e-bay is the largest marketplace in the world.
If you know what you are looking for, and the seller knows what they have, there are myriad great transactions at your fingertips. Unfortunately, there are sellers (as well as buyers) that don't know what they have and/or resort to unsavory practices to move their wares.

I am willing to bet you my next paycheck that Mark knew EXACTLY what he wanted and it is obvious by a bit of careful study that the seller orchestrated the wording of this ad to imply something that proved not to be as alluded to.
I view this listing as extremely disingenuous at best, and borders (or crosses the border) on the old "bait and switch" ruse that has been found to be one of the flagships of false advertising.
I hope you never fall victim to a predatory seller with a misleading line.

I don't know where this thread evolved into a condemnation thread of one of the most knowledgeable members of this site, who was trying to help his fellow members keep from being taken advantage of but I, for one do NOT appreciate it.

Mike

Very well said!

:cheers:
Mike
(aka Darrel in some circles)

I'm still trying to figure out why no ebay?

Yeah it seems you have to be more carefull then ever, but I have saved so much over time there that I can afford to get burned once in a while and still be way ahead.

And Greg, I still say that it aint so! :givebeer:

Thought I would update this story.

I went ahead and filed the claim with ebay and I have to say that they sided with me and I got a full refund.

I hate to go through this stuff, but the seller didn't want to come to grips with the fact that he misrepresented his listing.

Maybe he didn't know the difference or maybe didnt care, but after looking at his carefully scripted auction I think he does.

He now list his .404 bars as D007 bars so I think he gets it now.

He also just got the feedback he deserves.

I have to say that ebay has made some improvements in this resolution dept also. They have made it much more easy and personal to take care of these things.

In the meantime you guys (and Gals) be carefull out there.

Oh and rupedoggy I'm still needing some bars so hook me up!

No I am not kidding.

This post looks out of line to me.

We are here to share and learn, not attack other members unless it is made clear that it is just in jest.

No I am not kidding.

I went ahead and filed the claim with ebay and I have to say that they sided with me and I got a full refund.

I hate to go through this stuff, but the seller didn't want to come to grips with the fact that he misrepresented his listing.

Maybe he didn't know the difference or maybe didnt care, but after looking at his carefully scripted auction I think he does.

I have to say that ebay has made some improvements in this resolution dept also. They have made it much more easy and personal to take care of these things.

I was pretty certain that this was going to be the outcome of this.
I know you were skeptical Mark, but eeeeeeeee-Bay has gotten a LOT more "buyer friendly" in the last couple of years.
The simple truth is "sellers will go where the dollars are, but if the buyers think they aren't treated fairly they will shop somewhere else".
Glad this worked out for you (and the other people buying from him) my friend.

Mike

Needless to say, when buying on eBay or anywhere else for that matter, if the seller isn't specific on what it is, don't offer a bid. These guys are being devious for one reason..the stuff isn't what they're implying. They know you won't like it but a lot of people don't file claims or want their money back; they just let it go. I sold an item on ebay last week; when the buyer bought it he wasn't completely happy with it so I immediately refunded his money and let him keep the item he bought. Not a very profitable way to do business but I thought it was the best way to handle it.

Good to hear things went your way, Mark! I appreciate the info you put on here about this guy. I had a couple of his bars on my watch list and almost pulled the trigger on them till you made us aware of this. Thanks again! And yes, I'm still waiting on that great source for Poulan bars myself.

Steve

I sold an item on ebay last week; when the buyer bought it he wasn't completely happy with it so I immediately refunded his money and let him keep the item he bought. Not a very profitable way to do business but I thought it was the best way to handle it.

You're getting it right and can sleep at night. You can't put a price on a good rep and won't ever be able to put a tangible price on a 100 percent feedback rating.

Latest posts

Back