Is it just me? (another ebay rant)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Be careful here.

This is probably a D007 mount also which will require the bar stud spacers to fit on the Poulan 5/16" studs.

Also if it is a D007 mount it will probably require a 72 dl chain.

Need to pin the seller down first, it maybe the Homelite D096 mount and if so that would be the 70DL bar your looking for.

I had noticed this seller before & he reminded me of the one you had issues with, Mark. I guess it was the lighter colored gray spocket tip for one thing. Listing just seemed to be too similar.

Here is another seller that don't know what he has. About half of them are D176 mounts. The others look like K095 small Husky mounts.

Mark, I have some bars that may fit your needs? I'm not a bar mount guru like a lot of guys here, so I really don't know all of the saws they will fit? Some need the tip replaced, some need reground, some are fine.

If you don't mind, I'll post pictures in this thread, and you can tell me what I have? Like I said, I don't have all these fancy bar mount numbers memorized. Let me know if it's okay if I post pictures in your thread?

Mark, I have some bars that may fit your needs? I'm not a bar mount guru like a lot of guys here, so I really don't know all of the saws they will fit? Some need the tip replaced, some need reground, some are fine.

If you don't mind, I'll post pictures in this thread, and you can tell me what I have? Like I said, I don't have all these fancy bar mount numbers memorized. Let me know if it's okay if I post pictures in your thread?

By all means go ahead. I never claimed to know them all but I did learn some the hard way! :)

Haveing a reference book helps alot to rememeber them also.

I just awhile ago picked up a new 20" Oregon Power Match bar for $12 shipped.

It was a D176 Poulan/Echo mount but it said RedMax on it so most everyone else didn't know what it was.

It pays sometimes to know I guess.

I just awhile ago picked up a new 20" Oregon Power Match bar for $12 shipped.

You basically got the bar for free, Mark. You just paid for the shipping.

Knowing a few bar numbers doesn't seem so "fancy" when it saves you 30 or 40 bucks. It doesn't take much to memorize at least the Oregon numbers of the saws you mostly work on. They're the standard anyway and make many of the OEM bars. You have to have some reference point. You can't necessarily look at a picture of a bar mount and tell what it is unless you have a reference. A lot of the Homelite bars with the D096/D196 mount have square adjustment holes. But I'm sure there are exceptions to that. All I'm saying is, it helps and for folks to sell bars in any capacity w/o some basic knowledge of bar mounts is less forgivable.

Last edited:
Here is another seller that don't know what he has. About half of them are D176 mounts. The others look like K095 small Husky mounts.

Now see,

That right there is why YOU are the MAN!!!

I had to stare for a WHILE to notice the difference even after you told me they weren't the same.
I guess that is how having a trained eye seperates the Gurus from us "also rans":laugh:

Mike

Latest posts

Back