Is the MS460 not sold anymore?!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't remember, someone in the BC area, but it wouldn't have been any of the "big" places. I bought it used with it having been already ported. The guy was getting out of cutting wood and selling off all his stuff. Paid around $500 for it, that was I want to say in 2011, or maybe 2012.
I have the paperwork, but I'm not moving all sorts of stuff in the office to dig out boxes of old tax stuff to go find it.

I added on the dual port muffler, 3/4 wrap (took it off a junk parts saw actually) and the big spikes over the years.
I had just put a brand new rear handle/tank on it this summer too. One of my hired hands had broke it somehow... $140 for that.

I got smart and bought them each a saw and PPE instead of just having stuff in the truck and shop to grab. For them only to use, name wrote on it and all.
After that if they damaged it or lost something it came out of their pay to fix or replace. Funny how all of a sudden stuff stopped getting broke huh?

I'm not sure what exactly had been done to it aside from it working real nice. I had an MS660 for a while and it was pretty much equal in power.

You are confusing me.

Is the question, "VF, you can buy this really nice 460 Arctic for 650 delivered. John"?

If so, that's a statement, and I'm not seeing a link or anything for that. Where is "this"?

If you are looking to sell a 460 and offering it to me, then perhaps I would be interested. I'd have to see pictures at least.

You sound like you know your way around repairing saws, but are you sure you can't fix what has been crushed? Short of replacing the cases, the rest can be had at a decent price used. Even matching used cases might still be viable financially when you look at the price of a new or used saw.

I ran over my awesome setup MS460 about a month ago with the delimber and ruined it.

I've been using "shop saws" to tied me by. I have a 360 getting ported and a 036 being shipped. Shop saws being a MS290, Husky 2100, Husky 570, and a Poulan Pro (when they were still decent saws).. forget the model off hand. Also have a big Dolmar and a Jonsered, I forgot the models, they are 70-80cc saws.

All cut the wood, but that 460 was like having a good pair of work boots or that just right worn in sofa or pair of jeans. I'd often walk across the yard just to grab my 460 (log yard is 5+ acres) instead of using whatever happened to have been left by the log pile or need the skid steer. Maybe some of it being it was the first saw I bought when I started getting serious into logging.

I stopped by the dealer, thinking hard about buying a brand new one. I can't. They aren't made anymore I'm told.

That true?!

If so, I'm looking for a nice 460.

Mine had a 3/4 wrap handle, dual port muffler, woods port, big felling dawgs (Stihl ones, like the 660 uses), "R" oiler and clutch cover, HD air filter setup (or whatever it's called... the better one).

Some countries and dealers in East Europe sale this new in box. buy the 461 is better and the AV feels more soft

VF you own a logging company? I thought you were a firewood cutter. Hhm I wonder why I thought that. So your 460 was ported but didn't have a dual port muffler cover. That's interesting. And it ran like a 660 before or after you added the dp coer? How many employees do you have. How many mbf did you cut last year.

No, haha.

I'll get some pics in a bit I guess.

The only thing that is usable on the saw is a few nuts and bolts. Imagine like a cartoon getting run over by a roller compactor, flat as a pancake, that's not far from what it looks like.

You sound like you know your way around repairing saws, but are you sure you can't fix what has been crushed? Short of replacing the cases, the rest can be had at a decent price used. Even matching used cases might still be viable financially when you look at the price of a new or used saw.

Sorry, man, I will now give your saw a moment of silence. As they say, time heals all wounds. When you get the new saw, you will forget all about her.

Delimber... Told it's around 80k. It's a 220LC. In excavator trim it's about 50k, but it has the full forestry treatment obviously... wider pads, rock guards, cab guards/limb risers, larger fuel tank (close to 200 gals), and of course the delimber arm.
Probably looks small in that pic, but the top of the track is about mid gut level when standing on the ground.
20150222_180509.jpg

Saw... sorry not the best of pics. It got put up on the top of the "saw tree" and my back isn't doing so hot right now... so no overhead lifting and I'm too lazy to fetch a ladder from outside.

20150327_192234.jpg 20150327_192215.jpg 20150327_192211.jpg 20150327_192146.jpg

Latest posts

Back