Is the website "www.stihl-usa.online" legit.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John from Cle Elum

At some point a decision will have to be made.
Reaction score
The website "www.stihl-usa.online" showed up when I doing some search's for a new saw. Prices are unbelievably good. Like the saying goes 'if the it is too good to be true, it probably isn't". Has anyone purchased from these guys? The chances of it delivering GENUINE Stihl products at those prices is low, BUT does anyone have any experience? The website does look official. This may be a really dumb question, be kind.
Thanks
John

The website "www.stihl-usa.online" showed up when I doing some search's for a new saw. Prices are unbelievably good. Like the saying goes 'if the it is too good to be true, it probably isn't". Has anyone purchased from these guys? The chances of it delivering GENUINE Stihl products at those prices is low, BUT does anyone have any experience? The website does look official. This may be a really dumb question, be kind.
Thanks
John
There is no such thing as a Stihl Outlet and Stihl DOES NOT SELL online in the US. PERIOD.
Run as far and fast as you can from this...

Attachments

• stihl.JPG
    stihl.JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 39
According to domaintools.com, the www.stihl-usa.online website is 1 day old. Owner and contact information is redacted for privacy, but the same is also redacted for the stihl.com website, so one can't read too much into that.

The IP address for stihl-usa.online shares hosting with 3 additional websites: engula.org (100 days old), iguidisexchat.xyz (which redirects to Yahoo and is only six days old) and lindseyamiles.com (which is a placeholder and has been for 984 days). The four URLs have 3 different domain registrars, all different than the stihl.com website. I'm not getting a warm fuzzy feeling about all that.

The Stihl.com website does have a link to an official online shop. It's in German at www.stihl.de. Loading that into Google translate reveals they will only ship within Germany.

According to domaintools.com, the www.stihl-usa.online website is 1 day old. Owner and contact information is redacted for privacy, but the same is also redacted for the stihl.com website, so one can't read too much into that.

The IP address for stihl-usa.online shares hosting with 3 additional websites: engula.org (100 days old), iguidisexchat.xyz (which redirects to Yahoo and is only six days old) and lindseyamiles.com (which is a placeholder and has been for 984 days). The four URLs have 3 different domain registrars, all different than the stihl.com website. I'm not getting a warm fuzzy feeling about all that.

The Stihl.com website does have a link to an official online shop. It's in German at www.stihl.de. Loading that into Google translate reveals they will only ship within Germany.
What tool did you use to find the other sites that are hosted on the same IP?

Domaintools.com seems to be a pay for use site.

So far I've yet to find a *.online website that isn't trash.

At this point I'm always suspicious of domains that aren't .com, .edu, .gov or in some cases .co.uk, and .ca.

Being a 'blessed' domain isn't a true sign of goodness, but not being one gets considerably more scrutiny.

What tool did you use to find the other sites that are hosted on the same IP?

Domaintools.com seems to be a pay for use site.
Once I had the IP, I did a reverse-DNS lookup to see what other domains point to that address.

Hey "CATCHY MONKEY"!!!!!!
Not sure which name you like best so I just chose one.

Good call. Next time I will just ask the manufacturer. Someone spent a lot of time putting together a pretty good looking website. You would think he/she could get an honest job.
John

I narked on a saw for sale too cheap, and it was only 5 days after it's original purchase date. I called the dealer that sold the saw and told them, the owner called me back quickly.

Latest posts

Back