Is this a scam?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Y.

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I was checking CL the other day and found an ad for a husqvarna 120xp, new in box, for $400. The specs posted were for a 372xp. I went ahead and answered and got this reply:

Thank you for your interest in my products!
All the products I sell are brand new, with warranty, bought from stores in bankruptcy!
Also, I have an agreement with Green Dot and for each product I sell ,I get a bonus if I use and promote their services.This way,I can offer you the lowest prices on the market and free shipping.
If you want to pick up the product, have to say that I have a lot of products for sale, a lot of buyers, a lot of packages to be sent and lack of time! For these reasons, I am not available for local pick up.

You will find below all the info you need in order to get the brand new Husqvarna HUSKY 3120XP Chainsaw , just follow the instructions :

http://overstockshop.biz/gd/productdetails.php?i=61

Regards,

Miranda Joseph

Has anyone used her? It sounds too good to be true, even if it is a 372xp and not a 120xp.

If you want to pick up the product, have to say that I have a lot of products for sale, a lot of buyers, a lot of packages to be sent and lack of time! For these reasons, I am not available for local pick up.

No local pickup, (or inspection) no deal.

I tend to be wary of Web addresses with .biz or .info at the end. I heard a news story that the likelihood of getting some computer bug or latched onto a scammer is greater. Not that .com or .net are the good housekeeping seal of approval for that matter.

Click on the BBB link...it doesn't take you to the BBB, it takes you to another "overstock.biz" page, but there is no "overstock.biz" home page.

The BBB logo comes from the same server as the one you submit your information to: http://174.36.153.137/~overbor4/gd/nf/BBB_Logo.jpg
and the same server with the "3120" photo.

Try and find the persons name on the real BBB site. Bet it doesn't show up.

Do you really need all of us to tell you this is a scam? C'mon man, open your eyes. Better yet, go ahead and buy it. Man this place has gone to crap!

One of the first life lessons I learned that has always and will always stick with me:

"If it sounds too good to be true, it is."

Please not that the statment does not say "it probably is" or "it usually is," just "IT IS."

Do you really need all of us to tell you this is a scam? C'mon man, open your eyes. Better yet, go ahead and buy it. Man this place has gone to crap!

No, I didn't need "all of you" to tell me it "looked" like a scam. As I pointed out above, I figured it was probably a scam. I was mostly interested if someone had tried using her, or knew of her, on the small chance it was legit. No need to be a turd.

Latest posts

Back