is your chainsaw tough enough to cut concrete ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trx250r180

Saw polisher
Reaction score
[video=youtube;DguNavRgRtE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DguNavRgRtE[/video]

the ms 461 is tough enough to cut a brick wall

Need a video of a guy cutting concrete cookies and felling petrified trees.

Yep, no flippy caps!

Wonder what they do with the bar oil tank area.

Mr. HE:cool:

..what happens when you hit rebar?

It will cut right through it.

While they didn't show it in the video they did say it will cut ductile iron pipe which is a common use for diamond chainsaw chains already.

I'll let you know if these make it out .

attachment.php

:jester:

i bet the saw is expensive enough but i bet the chains are bad enough

About 9 years ago I ran an ICS with a 14" bar at work. Not knowing any better initially I just cut away like I would with a typical chainsaw. The bar and chain wear out extremely fast, like 15 feet of bar deep cutting. $500 chain and $400 bar and we were back in business. This time just using it to close corners, and prevent round saw over cut. I think I saw the prices for diamond bar and chain have come down some though.

[video=youtube;DguNavRgRtE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DguNavRgRtE[/video]

the ms 461 is tough enough to cut a brick wall

I guess that answers how well the air filter set up works, if it will hold up to concrete
saw dust is nothing in comparison.

I guess that answers how well the air filter set up works, if it will hold up to concrete
saw dust is nothing in comparison.

Something to consider is that the GS 461 can only be used wet cutting. What kills regular saws is that people cut dry and that dust is very fine and gets everywhere. We have a Dolmar saw that over this summer cut hundreds of feet of all kinds of concrete and asphalt, wearing out several premium diamond blades. The filter has not been cleaned yet this year and it doesn't need to be either, it is like new. That is because I won't let anyone run our saws dry, ever, period. The dry dust kills men and machines. I doubt that filter would hold up very long to dry cutting, but the saw can't be used that way, so the filter is plenty for the intended use.

Who's going to be the first one to port one of these? ahhahaha....

On a technical note... from what I have seen from the regular MS461 it's not stratto...... but the concrete version is, any theories fellas???

Who's going to be the first one to port one of these? ahhahaha....

On a technical note... from what I have seen from the regular MS461 it's not stratto...... but the concrete version is, any theories fellas???

Stihl are still claiming the MS 461 is a strato... of some sort.

The price on a new diamond chain from Stihl is also IIRC staggering.j

We sell both ICS and GS461. Stihl is selling for $2350 plus tax. ICS saw is an Emak product. Alot of Efco parts fit. Guys are switching over to the Stihl for the parts availability. We have to get ICS parts from California.

Cylinders on the MS and GS461 are the same part #

Back