Isnt Ebay great!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sawbones,

Why do these Ebay threads seem to bother you so much? Just wondering

Sawbones,

Why do these Ebay threads seem to bother you so much? Just wondering

they dont bother me, nothing bothers me :)

when you are older you will understand this

if you are going to post here you are going to get a response.
whether you can deal with the response or not is up to you.

so what do you suggest mark ?

give him a neg for it ?

file a complaint ?

cant you just let it go or do you feel the need to burn him at the stake also ?

You need to chill alittle. Nobody is trying to fry someone here. Im only peed because I bought it and was expecting to get a saw. If he would have emailed and let me know he messed up then oh well. You win some you lose some I dont wanna hose him for a saw I dont need. The point is he could have acted professional and courteous about it and at least communicated with me instead of refunding my money without telling me. I had to read the reason he gave paypal to find out why my money was refunded.

they dont bother me, nothing bothers me :)

when you are older you will understand this

if you are going to post here you are going to get a response.
whether you can deal with the response or not is up to you.

Older...not sure how much older I need to be, it just appeared over a few threads that the Ebay dealings really seem to get alot of attention from you. I could care less if you are upset, mad, or anything else.
You seem to be taking the side of those who do bad business on Ebay. If I was a shallower man or one that couldnt think for himself I would say you had some affiliation with the seller. I dont think you do, but it sure looks that way.

Negative feedback rating wrote add wrong and refused to send money back,had to wait to file claim Buyer:
Member id columbia33 ( Feedback Score Of 423Teal star icon for feedback score in between 100 to 499)
May-14-10 16:29 Feedback conversation

Reply by harleycappy1 (May-15-10 15:19):
Description says pick up only. This man plays with himself, and others probably

4 TON Porta Power Body Repair Hydraulic Ram & parts etc (#140402717320) US $60.00

I like this guy. He has some hoots pah! Do not neg him. Just let it go man.

You need to chill alittle. Nobody is trying to fry someone here. Im only peed because I bought it and was expecting to get a saw. If he would have emailed and let me know he messed up then oh well. You win some you lose some I dont wanna hose him for a saw I dont need. The point is he could have acted professional and courteous about it and at least communicated with me instead of refunding my money without telling me. I had to read the reason he gave paypal to find out why my money was refunded.

to bad you didnt read that first before you posted. :deadhorse:

Hey Space, how about you start your own thread about what saws you took today to cut wood with.

Didn't cut anything today? How about showing us that new project saw your working on.

Not working on a project? Well how about telling us about the new line of consumer saws you just got in at work today.

I guess I'll just stop there, you should get the point but I doubt if you will.

Mr Mark that was such a good post that I finally broke down and used the rep button. If I could you'd get a nova on that one. Never used the rep before.

Here are the facts. This place will be easily ruined with threads whining about ebay. I made a simple request to keep this in the ebay thread, and one that is not unreasonable. No one wants to wade through 50 pages of "poor poor me, I got screwed by the ebay boogieman" threads. That's not what this place is about.

Tell em Space!!!!!! LOLOL!!!! I tried to rep ya but tha system wouldnt co-operate!!!!

No probably not, I gave the seller who refunded me positive feedback.

I do know that if I would have been the seller I would have been a man about making my mistake, took my lumps and shipped the saw. Thats the right thing to do.

Part of the problem is that people don't read the ads. When you post an ad you have a chance to read it before it's posted. Same way with buying an item, you should carefully read the ad before posting a bid. When the fellow first wrote up the ad he should have read it before he posted..if he saw he made a mistake he should have changed it or cancelled the ad before it got listed. After it's been posted and someone bids he should honor it.

I'm on a few other forums of various types and every one of them has the e-bay rant zone. Many of the complaints are about "shills" running up the bids - and we've all have seen it happen. If I don't want to read about it Muleman, I can see the thread title (that's why they're there) and skip it. It's not some sort of blackhole that sucks me in if my cursor gets too close ......oooh help me!

There are people making a living by selling on E-bay and if they can't get their business straight and post an ad correctly, then they need to look for a new livelihood - I hear Denny's is hiring.

So I just won this:

Stihl MS290 professional Chainsaw Powerhead Parts Saw - eBay (item 140503044897 end time Jan-19-11 15:26:40 PST)

BUT then: I get an email saying the seller refunded my money. Under the reason it says the seller made and error in the listing. I kind figured it was for that price. But I had no communication from the seller or nothing. I didnt need this but it was a good price and if asked would have probably said not to worry about it and cancelled the transaction but apperantly the seller didnt feel like asking. Oh well another neg. feedback for this outstanding seller. I guess what really bothers me about this is the lack of moral on ebay. If you win something PAY. If you sell something SHIP IT. If theres a problem work it out with the other member. Ok I feel better now:laugh:
so you're gonna neg rep the guy even after you knew it was a mistake.....classic.....

:agree2::agree2: technically it is a legal contract, If the roles was reversed and the buyer didn't hold to the winning contract and not pay up then the seller would have a fit and leave neg feedback. so what he screwed up the listing,he didn't catch it until AFTER the auction ended. so technically the seller legally has to sell it for the winning price. which i understand he had it listed as 9.99 buy now. If it was me i would file a complaint with ebay and force the seller to live up to the contract
seller can't leave neg rep and I can't tell you haw many times I got the ole "I made a mistake" B/S line when I sold regular on ebay, I just let it go most of the time, people do make honest mistakes...

A bid or commitment to buy on eBay is considered a contract and you're obligated to purchase the item. However, if you feel that you have a legitimate reason for not buying the item, you can contact the seller and explain your situation.

Many sellers are willing to work with you if you communicate with them openly and honestly. If you haven't done so already, request the seller's contact information and call him or her. You may be able to work things out to everyone's satisfaction.

If the seller doesn't respond in the way you hope, keep in mind that failing to purchase an item you've won may result in an unpaid item being recorded on your account. If you get too many unpaid items recorded on your account within a short time period, your account may be limited or suspended.

From ebay
only if the seller files a unpaid item claim and once the case is closed most of the time the strike goes away...

you're pissed cause you didn't get it dirt cheap and you know good and well you knew it was a mistake.....not to mention that you don't even really need or want it...

well heck look here he's got it back up for auction again looks like he just want more money for it insted of just about 40.00 bucks or something

Stihl MS290 professional Chainsaw Tree Firewood Saw - eBay (item 140503047256 end time Jan-26-11 15:34:27 PST)
Just more proof that he made an honest mistake, the starting bid was $9.99 was it not....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back