It's getting to that time! Who's lit?!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ahem... The fire that is! It's supposed to get down to 45 F tonight and I actually turned the heat pump on an hour ago. Moved 3 gator loads into the Bilco storage area yesterday and two more stacked and tarped next to the house for emergency snow/ mud loads. Got about 7 cords left in the yard and getting that itch to burn! Been getting the fix with stick/trash wood campfires with the kids lately on some nice early fall days but the sprinkles and wind ran us in tonight! Here's a few pics of last weekends ash cutting in my lot and then Sunday a hot dog fire and quad/ minibike get together with the kids, siblings, and 80 yr old parents in Dads woods. Good times. I love early fall!
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Southern fried wuss reporting in, suh! Lit er off last evening, been on solid since then. Burning old punky oak and some pine now. Cool wet and windy and rainy, good enough excuse!

Looks like you had a nice wingding there, big fun!

I had a nice campfire last night in Newberry, MI., where my thermometer said it got down to 28. Not near that cold at home though. Of course, the bottle of spirits that was passed around may have lit more than a few of us.... :givebeer:

I'm looking forward to burning. There's a few around us who lave lit up, but not us. I turned the LP furnace on for the first time in years to burn off the old tank so the LP company can come and haul it off. So it's LP until it's down.

Had the first fire early a couple Sunday's ago to get the chill off. Last two nights a fire in the evening has been a necessity. I love this time of year-the spouse doesn't however.

Lit up several times this year so far. Usually an overnight burn to take the edge off. House is insulated pretty well.

20150930_201958_zpsirzquy0i.jpg

Lit up 10 minutes ago. 42 and raining out,wife is cold and cranky so it was time to start the stove and hide in the basement. Smells like the first time I've burnt in the stove tho. Anyone else get that?

First one of the season, 4 hours ago. Wanted to wait longer but have a cool damp few days on the go here. Hopefully will have a mini-split in next year to knock a month of burning off each end of the summer.

Not yet...this weekend I'm sure, probably in the AM to take the raw chill out.

Quite late for my first fire, usually a couple weeks earlier and sometimes almost a month earlier.

Just came back upstairs after filling the stove for the night. Lit it when I got home. RAIN RAIN RAIN and more RAIN made for a cold dreary day. All week the weather has been crummy and when I got home the wife was chilled so the stove got lit. It was about two weeks earlier than I had hoped but........... happy wife, happy life.

We've had frost here the past couple mornings but we open the house up during the day when it's warm and close the windows around 5pm and it stays plenty warm. We try to hold off until at least mid October before we get fired up.

Latest posts

Back