It's quiet in here. New discussion topic - what is your procedure for spring shutdown?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cleaning the chimney will happen sometime this summer. One thing tht needs doing is putting a small mesh screen over the chimney to keep bats out of the house. I have had them get in the house thru my fireplace insert. They can certainly squeeze thru small openings.
anhydrous ammonia.......

I kinda don't. Even in the summer I do one fire a week, junk mail, branches from the yard, etc. I just lit one up, threw some small branches and real punky oak on top, insta cozy. Yep, like it warm I does.

I am politically epa correct! It's installed, in use, grand fathered in!

I thought you left the GTG with an 026 purchase?
OH... no...
I've had my 026 for over 20 years... I left the GTG with the idea that one saw ain't enough.
Truthfully though, I ain't gonna' run out and plop down a $1000 for a new saw; I'm on the lookout for used and maybe needing a bit of refurbishing. If it ain't exactly what I want then I buy, sell, swap 'n' trade myself into exactly what I want (and I ain't even sure what that is yet)... I plan on treating my CAD symptoms the same way I treat my FAD (Firearms Acquisition Disorder) symptoms. Although, I do need to learn a bit more about the different brands, models, and vintages before I can jump in with both feet... right now I'm just testin' the water with my big toe. I'm mechanically inclined enough to fix 'em and get 'em running... but this porting thing goes beyond what I know.

See, I had fun at the GTG, even though I mostly watched... but it would be more fun at the next one if I had 15 (or 115) chainsaws to haul with me. I have determined I need... err... should have a (ported :D) 70-80cc saw to compliment the 026 when cuttin' firewood... but I'm pretty sure it don't end there‼

no, but he might be getting CAD!!!! :D
You've got that all wrong oly, I ain't "getting", I've "got"... I darn near took my saw to bed with me last night :oops:
I need to acquire another saw soon to control the fever, any saw... even a broken-down box store Poulan from a yard sale... L-O-L

I always sweep my super-flue stainless chimney for my basement wood-stove this time of year so it's ready for next burn season.
It's a straight 25 foot run through the center of the house so lots of fibreglass extension rods on my brush head.
Also clean the wood pellet stove on the main floor. Usually takes me about an hour or two.
That's it.
No bugs or bats (we have a few bat houses outside that I made) or other critters coming in the house, other than flies, some ladybugs or the occasional hornet or wasp that emerge at this time of year.
Doesn't bug me though...ha,ha.

I always sweep my super-flue stainless chimney for my basement wood-stove this time of year so it's ready for next burn season.
It's a straight 25 foot run through the center of the house so lots of fibreglass extension rods on my brush head.
Also clean the wood pellet stove on the main floor. Usually takes me about an hour or two.
That's it.
No bugs or bats (we have a few bat houses outside that I made) or other critters coming in the house, other than flies, some ladybugs or the occasional hornet or wasp that emerge at this time of year.
Doesn't bug me though...ha,ha.
mines a 37 foot run,,in center of house......takes a few rods up to the roof....................

Latest posts

Back