It's starting - New California law bans ...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a mechanic at a power equipment shop that sells and repairs a lot of equipment in Northern California this new law makes me furious. How can you cut fire line with a battery powered chainsaw with a 14 inch bar and 15 mins of run time? How can you charge the 100s of battery’s that you need? With a GAS powered generator?! New son has lost his mind.

As a mechanic at a power equipment shop that sells and repairs a lot of equipment in Northern California this new law makes me furious. How can you cut fire line with a battery powered chainsaw with a 14 inch bar and 15 mins of run time? How can you charge the 100s of battery’s that you need? With a GAS powered generator?! New son has lost his mind.
Everyone but the citizens will end up being exempt. Just watch

If you like this, keep electing Democrats.

kamala-nasa-bt.gif

New diesel powered charging station uses 17 gallons of fuel to charge an electric car that only goes 300 miles on a charge. Thats 17 gallons of fuel for 300 miles. Not exactly green.
Hey, that's almost 18 miles per gallon! Damn near the efficiency of my 2001 7.3 liter F-250 Powerstroke diesel! (I average 20 mpg and get as high as 25 highway.)

If I didn’t have access to a gas powered water pump during these fires I would’ve lost my home along with many others. If I didn’t have a gas powered generator after the fire I wouldn’t have been able to stay at my house protecting it from flare ups. We had a water pump on the back of a trailer hooked to a 500 gallon water tank. Saved a few spots with that. Still can’t believe Newsome wasn’t kicked out.

Even if they produce a battery equivalent to that of the same capacity in a combustion engine, I’ll take the engine any day.
Heck the battery could be lighter and more powerful and I’ll still take a combustion engine - combustion engines are a passion for me..

While California appeases their own stupidity with battery, the rest of the world will happily continue to rip with combustion engines..

That state should just leave the union. Not that the morons running Massachusetts are much better. Instead of dealing with the real problems they go after fossil fuels, guns, hurtful words and a scamdemic. And when you think the lack of logic can’t increase they open their mouths and more pours out!

That state should just leave the union. Not that the morons running Massachusetts are much better. Instead of dealing with the real problems they go after fossil fuels, guns, hurtful words and a scamdemic. And when you think the lack of logic can’t increase they open their mouths and more pours out!
I doubt aussi is far behind..

you guys dont care what a $hithole your children inherit then
Small 2 stroke engines aren’t the problem.. China is.

Besides the damage caused making and disposing batteries is far from green like they want you to believe. 2 stroke saws are still going from the 50’s. No electric saw will last anywhere near that long and into the land fill it goes. Heck a darn iPhone lasts only a few years!!! I hold out little hope for anything more from Chinese electronic chainsaws…

you guys dont care what a $hithole your children inherit then
Here is a list of countries, ranked by worst air pollution to best:

https://www.iqair.com/us/world-most-polluted-countries
Where does the USA stand? We consume ~half the resources, we should be worst on air pollution, right?

Wrong, we're 84th.

Tell me how banning chainsaws in Cali makes any difference to world pollution levels, when Bangladesh and China keep pumping out whatever they want? Doesn't make a damned bit of difference, but it sure impacts all the people in Cali.

It's like banning plastic grocery bags here in Oregon to fight ocean plastic levels. The USA isn't even top ten when it comes to ocean plastic pollution, and Oregon isn't even 1/50th of the USA's total, but they're banned here just the same. Makes not the slightest bit of difference as far as pollution, but sure made getting groceries more expensive and a bigger PITA for everyone.

This has got nothing to do with pollution. Keep on goose stepping, boot licking, and paper showing. Nothing to see here.

The law does say "Gas". I guess diesel is ok then.

Attachments

• edcs2b.jpg
    edcs2b.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 31
you bunch of dinosaurs :)
batteries powered by renewables is ONLY solution we have, look at norway with 75% electric cars, powered by renewables, and look at their high gdp and lack of debt
"you dont know what you have got till its gone"
Ah yes...Norway, the Great Welfare State

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Huskybill - We need more modern technology look at the space station? They run on solar chargers and batteries?

Not sure about the question marks.
The space station gets direct sunlight. No clouds and very little if any atmosphere.
Or they use a long extension cord? Lol

Latest posts

Back