J.M. Browning's response thoughts on "Ax Men"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More gossip oops, information. One of the helicopter crew guys said they were interviewed by the show and it seemed like the interviewers were trying to get the interviewees to say bad things about each other. He did not comply.

A funny thing: One of the guys logging here just got a yoader. He was excited and saying, "I'm going to be Melvin Lardy...repeat." He would have to eat a lot more than he currently does. Anyway, something came up and he had a problem. I told him he needed to ask, What Would Melvin Do. He thought he might make a sign to hang in the cab that had WWMD on it.

I just finnished the complete season (on dvd I dont have cable) and I thought it was a great show. It was very interesting and informative and I learned alot about the industry. I wish they would have shown more about planting and regrowth but that isent exciting enough for the average person. The one comment that Jay Browning made is that trees are a crop and people need to remember that and I thought that said it all. My mother has even watched some episodes and enjoyed it ( but she has been cutting and heating with wood since the 70's). As for the cussing yes there is alot but if there wasent any or just alittle would you think it was rehearsed abit. That is just way it is when you are working in rough condtions and things break or dont go good. Hope there is a second season----just my thoughts.

The series just started here in the UK a couple of weeks ago. Looking forward to watching it after all the comments on this thread.

Having worked in show business all my working life, I know that nothing you see on TV or in the movies is real. I watched every episode. I ignored all the arguing and other drama. I wish they would show more about the equipment and techniques. Make it more a documentary about a trade, its people, its machines and how they are used. I'm only a weekend warrior firewood cutter, but this show made me want to go west and be a logger. I also want to be an Iceroad trucker, even a Chicago wrecker operator, but not a crab fisherman. So, I guess I'm a little too easily impressed and some what bored with what I do. I look forward to the next season.
One thing that did surprise me was how little safety gear the guys wear.

Whats with the feller buncher? Why not a harvester snedding and cutting to lenths ready for the forwarder?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lpANr-87lGs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lpANr-87lGs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I live in the northeast and never had any idea about the logging industry. I really never gave it much thought. I knew when I was watching the show that most of that drama was set up. What I did take away from the show was an introduction to this industry. I also learned that the liberals again have it wrong. These people replant the land for the next generations. They don't strip the land and then walk away. It's true, it's to bad they have to over dramatize the heck out of the show to sell it. I was glad though to get the chance I would otherwise never have been exposed to. S. Grant

Last edited:
apparently a camera crew was filming a similar show on a falling/single stem company here on the island....a felling accident occured while filming now that company might be losing out on some contracts because of the exsposure.... the company I windfirm and stem for got a call from the same crew a while back....a woman phoned the foreman and asked about the job and the crew... she was really trying to dig out the 'work hard/play hard' mentality... basically she was hoping our crew were a bunch of haywires which they aren't... wanted the drama for the camera...

apparently a camera crew was filming a similar show on a falling/single stem company here on the island....a felling accident occured while filming now that company might be losing out on some contracts because of the exsposure.... the company I windfirm and stem for got a call from the same crew a while back....a woman phoned the foreman and asked about the job and the crew... she was really trying to dig out the 'work hard/play hard' mentality... basically she was hoping our crew were a bunch of haywires which they aren't... wanted the drama for the camera...

Did she, like, have a California Valley girl, like accent?

Latest posts

Back