Jesus Christ, the 500i cuts like sh1t

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL
5 years ago our hunting club was given a large fallen red oak.
4 of us was cutting when one of our members showed up, which was a avid cutter.
He started changing his chain and when he was almost done I noticed he was putting it on backwards.
I let him finish just to see what was gonna happen.
The devil in me made me motion to the others to look at his saw.
He started it up and tried to cut with everybody watching.
He stopped and said "Something is wrong with this thing."
I walked over to him and hugged him and said it might work better if you turn the chain around.
It was a hoot. It took us a couple of minutes to get back to cutting.

Some years ago, I was at my Stihl dealer's place, one-man shop, chatting with him about whatever. I needed something and he was looking it up in a catalogue. In walk a woman and her high-school-aged son and they plopped a saw on the counter and the diatribe began. "You sold us this saw and it is unusable, doesn't cut worth......" and so on. The dealer glanced at the saw for a second or two, then fixed the two of them a look without saying anything. I glanced and the chain was hanging down from the bottom of the bar at least an inch and a half or so. The chain was also on backwards. Meanwhile, the woman is still giving him a rash of nastiness. The dealer finally said, and it was the only thing he'd said til then, "Well, why don't you take your saw home, turn the chain around, and adjust the bar so the chain isn't about to fall off. Might work then."

After they left, I asked the guy whether this sort of thing was normal. He said, more normal than you'd believe.

i have enjoyed this forum immensely since I joined only a few weeks ago. That said, seeing blasphemy really takes a lot away from my enjoyment. Profanity I can deal with, but blasphemy is disturbing. Just sayin’.

It's a public forum. Some real brutes come here. The only thing wrong with his post is he's still trying to wring more out of his first joke.

Back