Jonsered can anybody tell me what?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's really easy to pull the cylinder on this or any older Jonsereds saw. Iyt will take a reasonably competent mechanic all of 10 minutes and another 15 to put it all back together. If you screw up the base gasket just use RTV until you can get a new one from George Blake. Once off you can settle the thing once and for all with a tape measure on the piston.

Jimbo

I agree with Saw Troll...

I ID'd my saw as a 90 based on the photos at acresinternet.com, & also the photos shown under the 801 listing. I was confused then :dizzy: , & I'm even more confused now :dizzy: :dizzy: !

As I posted previously, the cover has a dummy whole, but there's no whole in the jug. Oh...I should mention that the model 90 parts list (scanned manufactorers IPL) that I received from George Blake/Motorsag doesn't show a decomp valve at all. Now how's that for muddying the water?

I'd list the differences/discreppancies I found when working on my 670, but I'd need to do some digging, & also that would deserve a whole new thread.

Chris J.

I do not give much for the IPL's you have there. The saws you get has almost always been different in some way. I doubt the decomp valve was availeble here.
If the culinder has a decomp or is casted in a way that mounting a decomp valve is possible then I would guess it is a 90, otherwise a 801.

Id saws is no exact sience there is many simular saws, even same saws with different names. I think it is fun to try, course I always learn a lot in the process.

Mange, you are right.

The fun is in getting the saw & working on it. Proper ID can be difficult at times, & I shouldn't let myself get too wrapped in researching saws. This supposed to be fun! Sometimes I have to give myself a reminder.

Folks--Keep posting those Jonsereds, & others. This thread brought forth some good info & some good photos. Arboristsite rocks!

Chris J.

jimbo1490 said:
...........Once off you can settle the thing once and for all with a tape measure on the piston.Jimbo
I agree that this is the way to go!
There could have been variations that there is no record of today. ;)

By the way, I have a printout in color of the pictures illustrating the 90 on CSCC, and is quite sure that it show a plug in the cover, and not a decomp button. For some reason the printout shows details better than the screen.....

SawTroll said:
I agree that this is the way to go!
There could have been variations that there is no record of today. ;)

By the way, I have a printout in color of the pictures illustrating the 90 on CSCC, and is quite sure that it show a plug in the cover, and not a decomp button. For some reason the printout shows details better than the screen.....

If there is a plug in the cover there should be a hole prepered in the cylinder, right, so the decomp vale can be placed there, or a mounted decomp valve, as I think this was optional, when the saws where orderd by the dealer.(90)
If there is not a prepered hole, or a casting that enable the decomp valve to be placed (801), then what?

Mange, your last post sure makes sence to me. :)
It would explain the seemingly confusing pictures, and correspond well with what Motorsag stated.

Back