Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
owner said the compression was low but he could get it started, once warmed up it was difficult to restart.
Saw looks to have rather low hours on it, and all the parts are there.

IMG_0746.JPG IMG_0747.JPG

owner said the compression was low but he could get it started, once warmed up it was difficult to restart.
Saw looks to have rather low hours on it, and all the parts are there.

View attachment 403415 View attachment 403416

That's an awesome score!!!!! Nice shape......you're gonna like that little saw.......

Made a couple more modest scores myself.......picked up a NOS lower full wrap AV mount for the clutch side of my 910E........hard bit to find.......and then this just minutes ago.......this is the first time EVER I have seen one of these full kits on ebay......dealer retail was $175.00 back in 1992 when my original 49SP needed one...it didn't get one......I paid a lot less than that......."Best Offer"

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321669000174?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

That's an awesome score!!!!! Nice shape......you're gonna like that little saw.......

Made a couple more modest scores myself.......picked up a NOS lower full wrap AV mount for the clutch side of my 910E........hard bit to find.......and then this just minutes ago.......this is the first time EVER I have seen one of these full kits on ebay......dealer retail was $175.00 back in 1992 when my original 49SP needed one...it didn't get one......I paid a lot less than that......."Best Offer"

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321669000174?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I was up late last night excitedly searching ebay for 49sp parts and saw that kit!!!! I thought it seemed rare but wasn't sure. Excellent score Robin!!!!

Hey Dean........you'll need a new oil plug for that saw......do you you have an extra one?? If not I'll send you a complementary NOS one..........and you know Kevin will mention the pull handle! LOL!!!

Thanks so much Robin, I do not have an oil plug. Much appreciated.

Maybe Kev will loosen his purse strings and send me a NOS pull handle!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!

Maybe Kev will loosen his purse strings and send me a NOS pull handle!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!

No problem Dean........i

I'll take a look at the shop later today.......think I have a handful of NOS pro series oil caps....the 49sp came with the regular caps with no chains......the pro caps are identical but have chains.....another cost cutting measure on the semi pro saws.......

LOL! I'm not sure what I have in extra handles right now. I was so disgusted with the whole handle hunt and the end prices, I've sort of put it out of my mind. I probably don't have a newer spare because I put them all on the saws....I'll check though.

Are you sure the police aren't looking for you for the theft of that saw?? Lol.....

Kevin

No problem Dean........i

I'll take a look at the shop later today.......think I have a handful of NOS pro series oil caps....the 49sp came with the regular caps with no chains......the pro caps are identical but have chains.....another cost cutting measure on the semi pro saws.......

No chain keepers for oil & gas caps???? Wow.....just to save a few production pennies. Was that true of J'red semi-pro saws before or after Electrolux?

Kevin

Are you sure the police aren't looking for you for the theft of that saw?? Lol.....

hehehe
The guy had box lots of saws pictured for sale on craigslist.
A bunch of Homies, a pile of Poulans, the 49 was packaged with a Remington top handle and a Mac top handle for $75.

When I got to the shop i asked what he wanted for just the 49 and gladly paid the $45.

hehehe
The guy had box lots of saws pictured for sale on craigslist.
A bunch of Homies, a pile of Poulans, the 49 was packaged with a Remington top handle and a Mac top handle for $75.

When I got to the shop i asked what he wanted for just the 49 and gladly paid the $45.

I paid that much just for a complete NOS 910 rear handle...JUST the handle. Demand=value being a damned ugly beast sometimes. Although you still stole that saw....lol

Kevin

Well... Brown brought me my west coast 80 today...or parts thereof......no real surprises...good parts...the cyl is about spent......no scoring or anything but the plating is "see through" in a couple places.....would probably be fine for the amount I'm gonna use an 80.....likely last years even with moderate use....but more of an ashtray to me even though I don't smoke...haven't measured the piston but looks to have little wear...likely the second for that cyl. Full wrap is in great shape...a tiny tweak in the vise and perfectly straight......muffler is good...louvers in good shape...has the screen too...good clutch/drum/rim.....good recoil with OEM rubber pull handle.....all in all very happy....fits right in with the five 80 and two 90 project/parts saws...

Argued with myself over this one....but at least the saw will go on forever with this as a back up:http://www.ebay.com/itm/121568069743

It's that same seller in Canada that's been sellin' J'red NOS parts and trying to sell saws he's put together from NOS parts(except for the cranks).

Kevin
So you did buy it???....Looks like a good price...even without best offer....

Well... Brown brought me my west coast 80 today...or parts thereof......no real surprises...good parts...the cyl is about spent......no scoring or anything but the plating is "see through" in a couple places.....would probably be fine for the amount I'm gonna use an 80.....likely last years even with moderate use....but more of an ashtray to me even though I don't smoke...haven't measured the piston but looks to have little wear...likely the second for that cyl. Full wrap is in great shape...a tiny tweak in the vise and perfectly straight......muffler is good...louvers in good shape...has the screen too...good clutch/drum/rim.....good recoil with OEM rubber pull handle.....all in all very happy....fits right in with the five 80 and two 90 project/parts saws...

Nice Robin....couldn't be many hrs through the muffler at least if the screen is intact! So my question is....do you have any 80's ready to cut wood? You've been waiting a long time to put one together, right? You did great on all those parts!

So you did buy it???....Looks like a good price...even without best offer....

Yeah, that's my offer and my screen name(I don't know if you can see that or not?). I hate paying that $17 shipping fee for just that, but it's from Canada and that's just the way it is. I hope it's checked as used, or I might get dinged duty....which would really piss me off...lol

Kevin

Nice Robin....couldn't be many hrs through the muffler at least if the screen is intact! So my question is....do you have any 80's ready to cut wood? You've been waiting a long time to put one together, right? You did great on all those parts!

Yeah, that's my offer and my screen name(I don't know if you can see that or not?). I hate paying that $17 shipping fee for just that, but it's from Canada and that's just the way it is. I hope it's checked as used, or I might get dinged duty....which would really piss me off...lol

Kevin

Oh yes I have a fine running 80......238 lbs of compression.....use it when I get into hardwood 18" or better......don't have any single pics of it but here's a group photo of a few ready to road trip to a GTG.....

PICT0487.JPG PICT0472.JPG

Be wary of those, Dean. Often the are just copies of free manuals already out there. And the quality can be shite. I'm talkin' about that now on another site and the Husky 2100. Somebody took a very poor copy of a Husky Service Manual for the 2100 and it's been making its rounds on the Net in both the free version and the pay version for yrs. The pics are so dark that they look like melting chocolate bars in the sun....and the print is even a bit blurry. In other hobbies, people reproduce the Service Manuals perfectly...even with colored pull outs like the original and put them in spiral binders. I don't understand with all the saw manuals out there, why somebody hasn't done this yet.....grrr

I bid over $30 for the last paper copy 2100 Service Manual that went through ebay...lost it too.:-(

Kevin

Be wary of those, Dean. Often the are just copies of free manuals already out there. And the quality can be shite. I'm talkin' about that now on another site and the Husky 2100. Somebody took a very poor copy of a Husky Service Manual for the 2100 and it's been making its rounds on the Net in both the free version and the pay version for yrs. The pics are so dark that they look like melting chocolate bars in the sun....and the print is even a bit blurry. In other hobbies, people reproduce the Service Manuals perfectly...even with colored pull outs like the original and put them in spiral binders. I don't understand with all the saw manuals out there, why somebody hasn't done this yet.....grrr

I bid over $30 for the last paper copy 2100 Service Manual that went through ebay...lost it too.:-(

Kevin

Very true......but even if it is good quality they are a wicked PITA to use....Have to slowly scroll to where the info you want is located......I made that mistake with Ducati manuals...once......hard copy is the only way to go.......I now have 4 original Tilton dealer binders packed full of old IPLS, service bulletins, shop manuals and owners manuals....

Back