Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is how the 70e "parts saw" turned out. I know it's not a video but take my word she rips even with the 24" Windsor!

Compressions a little low @130 hopefully it will come up a little. Only put a little under 2 tanks through it so far. (2 Pint tank).

Here is how the 70e "parts saw" turned out. I know it's not a video but take my word she rips even with the 24" Windsor!

Compressions a little low @130 hopefully it will come up a little. Only put a little under 2 tanks through it so far. (2 Pint tank).

Compression is low....are they new Cabers? If so you’ll gain some psi after five tanks or so. If you can get her around 145psi or better, she’ll rip forever. Did you convert a newer style ignition to the older saw (I can’t remember what you said you had and would do)?

My favorite J’reds saws designs are the 621, 70E and the 801/80, 90. Not including the 111S because I’ve not run one. Rest assured if I strike a deal with Scott, she ain’t gonna sit on a shelf......lol.

Kevin

This is the early sem. Throws nice spark. This got a vec for now we didn't want to throw a lot into it. About a week before we got it a nos p&c sold for a little over $70.

We passed it over cause the other one is the late ignition. See a cylinder listed for 199 now. I'll send one out to get re plated before I pay that. I have a buddy who sends batches of snowmobile cylinders every so often. Will try and get in on that.

The plating services are hit & miss. There's supposed to be a guy in Canada that is spoken of favorably. Everytime I get thinking about plating something, a P&C will show up on eBay for a decent price....like the $70 NOS P&C you mentioned...holy cow!

Kevin

My favorite J’reds saws designs are the 621, 70E and the 801/80, 90. Not including the 111S because I’ve not run one. Rest assured if I strike a deal with Scott, she ain’t gonna sit on a shelf......lol.

Kevin

It's going to hurt to cut loose with a 111S, but it's going to happen. I'm in the states for 10 weeks and have pulled one of my hoopties out of storage to play with; need to sell some saws to fund restoration costs for this one and a few others.

Here's a pic from yesterday. 68 GTO convertible. Nordic blue with Parchment guts. Fresh paint, new top, new interior. Owner built pump gas 455 (.030, forged pistons, H-beam rods, ported iron heads, flat tappet hydraulic, Performer RPM, re-worked Q-Jet, electronic ignition, headers, etc), owner built TH400, Continental converter, 3.90 gear. It's a nice cruiser, but if the planets line up just right, it could dip into the high 11's in the quarter.

Sorry for the off topic; now back to your regularly scheduled programming!

Scott

IMG_1219-2.JPG

It's going to hurt to cut loose with a 111S, but it's going to happen. I'm in the states for 10 weeks and have pulled one of my hoopties out of storage to play with; need to sell some saws to fund restoration costs for this one and a few others.

Here's a pic from yesterday. 68 GTO convertible. Nordic blue with Parchment guts. Fresh paint, new top, new interior. Owner built pump gas 455 (.030, forged pistons, H-beam rods, ported iron heads, flat tappet hydraulic, Performer RPM, re-worked Q-Jet, electronic ignition, headers, etc), owner built TH400, Continental converter, 3.90 gear. It's a nice cruiser, but if the planets line up just right, it could dip into the high 11's in the quarter.

Scott

View attachment 626974

Nice!!!!! Love the GTO's. One of my favorites.

Can I be second in line on a 111?

Scott

View attachment 626974

Now there is a FUN project, beautiful!

Nice!!!!! Love the GTO's. One of my favorites.

Can I be second in line on a 111?

Thanks. I grew up as a Ford and Shivverlay guy, but after stumbling across a barn find 69 Judge in 2005, I got into Pontiacs for a while. Think I'm going to transition back to all Ford, but I'm going to enjoy the GTO a bit first.

Sure thing on the 111. I'd prefer to see them go to hardcore Jonsereds fans.

Scott

Very cool. I bought a deuce n a half a while back. Dad had them (and Jonsereds) in the woods when I was little. Took me 30 years to get my own. Anyway, the guy I got it from comes back a year later and likes what I’ve done fixing it and getting it back on the road, so he gives me ‘71 LeMans. Then I get the saw bug again, and here’s another Pontiac.

I’m planning a vacation to NY, when is the GTG? Dyin to hang out with Walt n Bob.

Very cool. I bought a deuce n a half a while back. Dad had them in the woods when I was little. Took me 30 years to get my own. Anyway, the guy I got it from comes back a year later and likes what I’ve done fixing it and getting it back on the road, so he gives me ‘71 LeMans. Then I get the saw bug again, and here’s another Pontiac.

I’m planning a vacation to NY, when is the GTG? Dyin to hang out with Walt n Bob.

Greenwich NY @ the cutting edge. I believe there is a sticky for it on the main page now.
Very cool. I bought a deuce n a half a while back. Dad had them in the woods when I was little. Took me 30 years to get my own. Anyway, the guy I got it from comes back a year later and likes what I’ve done fixing it and getting it back on the road, so he gives me ‘71 LeMans. Then I get the saw bug again, and here’s another Pontiac.

4/22 I believe there is a sticky for it on the main page.

I had a 70 GTO rag top but sold it when had kids. It was scary fast all the good stuff #matched block 11:1 stroked 400, 1050 com custom holly built off a 650 double pumper. Intake valves bigger than beer cans. RTC turbo 400 backed up by 4.11 geared locker.

My ex had a 70 hard top daily driver I build up a bit. She twisted the main horn below the block enough to crack it racing some wanna be. Passed em with Speedo pegged (140+). Good times for sure.

Kids are all adults now but am going to help a buddy build a 65 Nova II soon. Just never could get speed out of my system.

Had a yeller '70 Hemi 'cuda new back in the day :cheers:...pistol grip shifter ....slayed me many a Goat (including The Judge) for money and/or pink slips. Always liked the look of them though and the 389 with tr-power was a pretty cool factory car.

Considering the present generic, CAD look of cars, just about anything with HP from those days is cool to see now.

Kevin

This is my dad's and my latest project. 1928 Buick.
This picture is from a few years ago with the former owner driving it in our local 4th of July parade.
Why we took on another project is beyond me, but I just talked to a friend about a John Deere 50.
Why I'm thinking about another tractor is beyond me, but I'm always looking for a Willys MB...................

1928 Buick Standard Six.jpg

I had a 70 GTO rag top but sold it when had kids. It was scary fast all the good stuff #matched block 11:1 stroked 400, 1050 com custom holly built off a 650 double pumper. Intake valves bigger than beer cans. RTC turbo 400 backed up by 4.11 geared locker.

My ex had a 70 hard top daily driver I build up a bit. She twisted the main horn below the block enough to crack it racing some wanna be. Passed em with Speedo pegged (140+). Good times for sure.

Kids are all adults now but am going to help a buddy build a 65 Nova II soon. Just never could get speed out of my system.

Miss my 70, but it was too nice to drive when it was done. Ram Air IV, 4 sp, manual drums, manual steering, dog dish hubcaps, 4.33 from the factory. Nut and bolt frame off restoration. Won "Concours Best Restored" at 2013 GTO Association of America Nationals against 92 other concours restored GTO's. Featured in a few magazines. Sold it a few years ago.

MCR1.JPG

Had a yeller '70 Hemi 'cuda new back in the day :cheers:...pistol grip shifter ....slayed me many a Goat (including The Judge) for money and/or pink slips. Always liked the look of them though and the 389 with tr-power was a pretty cool factory car.

Considering the present generic, CAD look of cars, just about anything with HP from those days is cool to see now.

Kevin

:thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpictures:

Bet you wish you never sold that one!

My only hemi car was 68 Roadrunner. Originally a 383 car, had a 2x4 hemi with a roller cam, aluminum heads, 727 on the column, bench seat, 3.54 Dana. Sold in 2011 or so; went to Europe.

100_9231.jpg

:thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpictures:

Bet you wish you never sold that one!

My only hemi car was 68 Roadrunner. Originally a 383 car, had a 2x4 hemi with a roller cam, aluminum heads, 727 on the column, bench seat, 3.54 Dana. Sold in 2011 or so; went to Europe.

View attachment 627102

Yeah, let's not even go there with 'woulda, coulda, shoulda'. I was 16....any pics are long evaporated over a long life of moving around. Insurance was $1,400/yr....not sure what that is in 2018 $$, but a whole lot!

We never owned convertibles because in those days, to get the body rigidity of the hardtops, they had to reinforce with more steel, i.e., more weight. Still, don't wanna think what that car would bring today. Had it less than two yrs....the insurance thing along with payments.

Always wanted to start with a '70 GTX and build with a Hemi. Just always like that model best to look at....that and the Charger RT.

Kevin

Kevin

Oh man......friend of mine had the same thing only it was the Challenger ......same difference.....his was automatic.....needed both hands on the wheel!!.....what a brutus piece of equipment. LOL my first car was a 65 Cuda......but was not pushing anyway near that kind of power!!!

Back