Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Deleted member 150358
D

Deleted member 150358

I miss this saw.. View attachment 690615

A lot....
My go to for anything too much for 011avt. I did run the 52 and 70e some this year too!

2065 ripped up this cherry tree yesterday like it was cardboard.
img20181215-155207.jpg

good baby boy names and meanings

taplinhill

taplinhill

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
I bought a 2165 new in 2002 for $475. Horribly under-rated saws in my opinion. It still looks really nice because I have built several 2171/2165 junk pile saws that see the hard use. It sits on the top shelf with a really nice 2171 on one side and the really nice 670's on the other.

Adam08ski

Adam08ski

ArboristSite Guru
I bought a 2165 new in 2002 for $475. Horribly under-rated saws in my opinion. It still looks really nice because I have built several 2171/2165 junk pile saws that see the hard use. It sits on the top shelf with a really nice 2171 on one side and the really nice 670's on the other.

Agreed, they look so damn cool too. I have a 2018 365xt and it is easy to mod to a 372 but I really can’t see the need. It’s still not as light to the touch as be 365/2065’s though.

taplinhill

taplinhill

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Agreed, they look so damn cool too. I have a 2018 365xt and it is easy to mod to a 372 but I really can’t see the need. It’s still not as light to the touch as be 365/2065’s though.

I picked up a 2166 this summer with plans to do the 2172 mod, but haven't yet. Once I got it running right I just didn't feel like messing with it.

bulletpruf
You may be surprised on that 621....especially if it has a lot of original paint left. Albeit, I haven’t been following their sales on eBay. One of the greatest all-time J’reds ever made. I don’t follow the under 80cc J’reds prices like I should, except for an occasional peek at the 70E.

The 621 always has at least four pages devoted to it on eBay. I think it sold very well to those that could afford it at the time and the parts still available reflect that. A 621 should be in every collection of true J’reds.

Here she is -- going to start here then head to eBay if I need to -- https://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/very-nice-rebuilt-jonsereds-621.327545/

Jeff Lary

Jeff Lary

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Hello all
I am trying to find a clutch assembly for my 625 " clutch drum and bearing" is there someone on the site that deals in Jonsered parts? I have posted this on the main page but no luck so far. I wanted to try to ask a fella on the site named Scott I thought his screen name was 08f150 but I am remembering it wrong I think. I thought if he did not sell parts he may know someone on here that does. Thanks for your help Jeff.

Jeff Lary

Jeff Lary

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Ok I am back had to take the dog for a walk out back.
Well if I could get one for a husky that may be easier to find. I want the entire set up but when I search one out it never seems to be clear if your getting a clutch , drum or both. I don't really think the drum is in bad shape but I am not sure either. I am betting the thickness where the shoes touch is what would matter. The rim sprocket I don't need either mine is fine but I do want is a clutch and bearing if possible .

fossil
Keep in mind that there are fine and coarse thread clutches for the Husqvarnas and I see some listed coarse and fine for the 625. No way for me to tell if the 625 fell into that change as well as there's a lot of on line misinformation on parts.

I see Oregon has a serial number before and after for the Powermate drums which may be for the oiler drive.

Jeff Lary

Jeff Lary

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
My saw is a fine thread, I was hoping there was someone here that sold Jonsered parts that would make things a little easier. Yea I don't know where to turn now ha ha. As far as the drum thickness I have no idea how thick it should be. I just thought I would buy the whole shebang and be done with it, but that may not be too easy.

Cantdog

Latest posts