Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice example! This may set the litmus test for the 70E....before Xmas, firewood season, low hr, lots of OE paint....collector's dream. 29 bids so far, so there's interest!

Kevin

I think you may be right....all the stars are aligned.....should fetch the highest price possible. You just never know though....a few years back a guy had a 621 for sale on ebay.......completely built from NOS parts.....every one of them.....never started or fueled....perfect new condition throughout......I watched it like a hawk thinking how valuable it might end up being....damn thing sold for $205.00 delivered if I remember right!!! I was figuring $5-$600.00 at the very least......I was dumbfounded....I bet he was pretty disappointed too!!!!

Wow, I don't remember that one! He didn't have a reserve? I wonder if that was Kevin (123.sawman) in Saskatchewan. He had enough NOS parts that he was putting together saws. Generally though on his saws, he had a low hr bottom end and replaced everything else with NOS parts.

Do you remember what time of the yr that was?

Kevin

Wow, I don't remember that one! He didn't have a reserve? I wonder if that was Kevin (123.sawman) in Saskatchewan. He had enough NOS parts that he was putting together saws. Generally though on his saws, he had a low hr bottom end and replaced everything else with NOS parts.

Do you remember what time of the yr that was?

Kevin

Kevin Krotenko?

No....and it was quite a while ago when you could buy a decent 621 for a hundred bucks or so....only really remember how beautiful it was and how low a price it went for.

Another one that sticks in my head was about 8-9 years back a guy had a 111S piped race saw.....I mean really tricked out, removable head, lot of anodized parts....crazy nice looking saw...done up like a top fuel dragster.....said he had $7,500.00 in it.....was all running and ready to go racing......I was real short on cash and was only interested because it was a 111S and was an engineering marvel with all that that was done to it......didn't bid.......when the smoke settled it sold at auction for $850.00.....

Kevin Krotenko?

Yeah, up near Pelly. He owes me some parts that were never delivered...he was gonna make it right on his adventures this way looking for more saw parts, but he lost my number. Now I can't reach him, disconnected his 'contact seller' feature on eBay and doesn't seem to be active. I remember he had a health scare....I dunno. He always wanted to call and talk which doesn't always work for me. He can call to the US as part of his phone plan. I call Canada and pay through the nose...ten minutes is like $25.

Kevin

No....and it was quite a while ago when you could buy a decent 621 for a hundred bucks or so....only really remember how beautiful it was and how low a price it went for.

Another one that sticks in my head was about 8-9 years back a guy had a 111S piped race saw.....I mean really tricked out, removable head, lot of anodized parts....crazy nice looking saw...done up like a top fuel dragster.....said he had $7,500.00 in it.....was all running and ready to go racing......I was real short on cash and was only interested because it was a 111S and was an engineering marvel with all that that was done to it......didn't bid.......when the smoke settled it sold at auction for $850.00.....

I remember you talking before about that tricked out 111S! It's like cars....once you stray away from factory and start souping them up, you gotta find just the right buyer/market to get your money back. I've seen brilliantly done high preformance cars go for pennies on the dollar because the right buyer couldn't be found at that time.

Kevin

Yeah, up near Pelly. He owes me some parts that were never delivered...he was gonna make it right on his adventures this way looking for more saw parts, but he lost my number. Now I can't reach him, disconnected his 'contact seller' feature on eBay and doesn't seem to be active. I remember he had a health scare....I dunno. He always wanted to call and talk which doesn't always work for me. He can call to the US as part of his phone plan. I call Canada and pay through the nose...ten minutes is like $25.

Kevin

He has a lot of nice stuff, but his prices are outrageous; even worse than mine!

I've been in touch with him on Facebook. He's still active there. He messaged me a few days ago about the big Echo saw - CS1201 I think? He has an NOS one.

If you're on FB, link up with him there. If not, send me a message if you'd like me to pass it to him.

Scott

If you see another one of these pennies on the dollar cars (or a first generation Bronco), I'm your Huckleberry...

Well, I was gonna put in the disclaimer about muscle cars......you really can't get screwed on them these days unless you overpay. Back when I lived in Dallas, a guy tried to sell me his Plymouth Superbird for $2,000. I was all into trucks and 4WD at that period in my life....had shed the street racers. I don't think it was the 426, most likely the 440...but did have the pistol grip shifter......talk about hindsight. Was not a fit for me right then & there...lol.

First gen Broncos are crazy money now...even hopped up and customized.

Kevin

He has a lot of nice stuff, but his prices are outrageous; even worse than mine!

I've been in touch with him on Facebook. He's still active there. He messaged me a few days ago about the big Echo saw - CS1201 I think? He has an NOS one.

If you're on FB, link up with him there. If not, send me a message if you'd like me to pass it to him.

Scott

Sent you a PM about Pelly, SK Kevin...thanks!

Kevin

I have this one for sale runs good cuts great. 175 plus the ride or trade for another project
5c1b9f93c077b9cdaaec9a63aeefa061.jpg
d71d74ae0c586b4c5d64d03166d3075d.jpg
4d02a71874866333194f011939e58b9e.jpg
5a35b113b59836fcb716db824f5a1261.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I have this one for sale runs good cuts great. 175 plus the ride or trade for another project
5c1b9f93c077b9cdaaec9a63aeefa061.jpg
d71d74ae0c586b4c5d64d03166d3075d.jpg
4d02a71874866333194f011939e58b9e.jpg
5a35b113b59836fcb716db824f5a1261.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

That's a nice looking, low hr 70E! And a fair price if it is as good inside as out and has fire!! That would clean up real nice!!

Well, I was gonna put in the disclaimer about muscle cars......you really can't get screwed on them these days unless you overpay. Back when I lived in Dallas, a guy tried to sell me his Plymouth Superbird for $2,000. I was all into trucks and 4WD at that period in my life....had shed the street racers. I don't think it was the 426, most likely the 440...but did have the pistol grip shifter......talk about hindsight. Was not a fit for me right then & there...lol.

First gen Broncos are crazy money now...even hopped up and customized.

Kevin

Ok, judging by the price on the Superbird, you must have lived in Dallas sometime before 1982 or so, when prices started to climb on musclecars. I love the winged cars myself, but they've always been out of my price range. Many years ago, someone tried to sell me a nice Petty Blue one with a 440/auto (on the column, too!) for $80k or so.

My only hemi car was a 68 Roadrunner that was originally a 383 car. Guy bought it, installed a pump gas 426 hemi with aluminum heads, roller cam, Dana 60, etc, but kept the bench seat and column shift 727. He got into a jam when the project was 95% complete and I bought it for about 1/2 of what he had invested. Kept it for a few years but really didn't care for it much; had a lot more fun driving my beater 69 GTO Judge that I had pulled out of a barn.

Here's where the Judge spent 13 years.

Back on the street! It ran pretty good - Ram Air III, 4 speed, 3.55 posi. Sold it to a guy who restored it and then sold it.

treet ania
Ok, judging by the price on the Superbird, you must have lived in Dallas sometime before 1982 or so, when prices started to climb on musclecars. I love the winged cars myself, but they've always been out of my price range. Many years ago, someone tried to sell me a nice Petty Blue one with a 440/auto (on the column, too!) for $80k or so.

My only hemi car was a 68 Roadrunner that was originally a 383 car. Guy bought it, installed a pump gas 426 hemi with aluminum heads, roller cam, Dana 60, etc, but kept the bench seat and column shift 727. He got into a jam when the project was 95% complete and I bought it for about 1/2 of what he had invested. Kept it for a few years but really didn't care for it much; had a lot more fun driving my beater 69 GTO Judge that I had pulled out of a barn.

Here's where the Judge spent 13 years.

Back on the street! It ran pretty good - Ram Air III, 4 speed, 3.55 posi. Sold it to a guy who restored it and then sold it.

It was the middle 70's.....I thought he was crazy, as 'muscle car' mania hadn't happened yet. Only the diehard Mopar enthusiasts thought they were anything special.

I bought a Hemi 'cuda new in '70 when I was 17 and street raced it for pink slips & money. Then the insurance companies killed my boy racer fun.

Nice lookin' 'runner, but 70 was the yr to have Mopar muscle I always thought. They were so damn pretty that yr, the bodies. What I'd really like is a '70 GTX with the Hemi, 4spd......don't care if it was an original car....if it was done right. I'd slam that thing around till the State took my license....lol.

The Goats were fun to drive...I won a couple racing, but shortly sold them back to their owners.

Kevin

treet ania

It was the middle 70's.....I thought he was crazy, as 'muscle car' mania hadn't happened yet. Only the diehard Mopar enthusiasts thought they were anything special.

I bought a Hemi 'cuda new in '70 when I was 17 and street raced it for pink slips & money. Then the insurance companies killed my boy racer fun.

Nice lookin' 'runner, but 70 was the yr to have Mopar muscle I always thought. They were so damn pretty that yr, the bodies. What I'd really like is a '70 GTX with the Hemi, 4spd......don't care if it was an original car....if it was done right. I'd slam that thing around till the State took my license....lol.

The Goats were fun to drive...I won a couple racing, but shortly sold them back to their owners.

Kevin

Ok, you're a few years older than me. I was born in '68. By the time I was old enough to drive, the prices were starting to rise.

One of the cars that I regret getting rid of was my 71 GTX. black on black, 440, 4bbl, hemi 4 sp, dana 60 3.54, air grabber, spoilers. Very straight, running and driving. Had about 10 cars at the time; sold it to fund restoration costs for my 70 GTO.

100_4417.jpg

Latest posts

Back