Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sent a Jred 670 clutch cover with a bad knee-joint chainbrake (CB will engage when saw is under load) to an AS member. He's going to see if he can get it back to functioning; I'm looking forward to hearing how it turns out.

Has anyone here replaced part number 501 87 47-01 in the newer style CB? Know if the part is still available? I've forgotten the technical name for the part, it holds the the brake arm in the off position.

I've had a couple of the newer chain brakes completely apart, and they are pretty easy to put back together.

Is there a site or place on the net to get aftermarket inner and outer felling dogs for a 2071

Thanks. I had another forum member send some parts to me that I did alot of welding on. One of them was a crankcase to a poulan 5200 that a rod had broken and knocked a hole in it. I welded it up and seemed to turn out pretty good. The magnesium is similiar to welding aluminum but more difficult. But the nice thing about it is that you can fill holes and gaps fairly well with it. So far I have done about 8 items that needed welding from clutch covers to starter covers and crankcases. So just thought I would offer. No charge by the way.

nice work!!

I sent ya a PM ;) :cheers:

I sent a Jred 670 clutch cover with a bad knee-joint chainbrake (CB will engage when saw is under load) to an AS member. He's going to see if he can get it back to functioning; I'm looking forward to hearing how it turns out.

Has anyone here replaced part number 501 87 47-01 in the newer style CB? Know if the part is still available? I've forgotten the technical name for the part, it holds the the brake arm in the off position.

Chris,

hopefully that AS member gets crackin' on some LINGERING projects :bang: and gets to the IMPORTANT TECH stuff ;)

Yes, that part # is a spring (did you select the CORRECT #?? :dunno: ) it's a VERY common husky brake part... and avail :)

SawGarage this is the crankcase from the Poulan 5200 I was talking about. I just thought you might want to see a before and after picture.

247639d1344275420-5200-crankcase-004-jpg
247638d1344275417-5200-crankcase-003-jpg
View attachment 247638View attachment 247639

Last edited:
Gotcha...just filled up with these PM's

Your not going to like PM.

I will make sure you are 1st in line if the other deal falls through.

I just contacted owner of both 111 sets.

He said somebody put a deposit down on both about 2 weeks ago. Cant sale right now he said with deposit down on them.

Funny thing is these 2 have been FS since last year.

Back