Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey all,

My Jonsered 630 seemed like it wasn't getting enough oil to the bar. I don't have a manual for it so after some looking I took off the clutch and found a small screw with a notch on it and four numbers on the housing it you could turn it too. IIRC it was on the one and I think I moved it to the three position.

Anyone have any insight on how to turn up the flow on the auto oiler, and what the numbers mean?

Also my Jonsered has a tall foam air filter on it that is exposed out the top of the saw. First saw I have seen with that type of air filter. I like the more covered up paper/fabric type of filter, the foam one seems to dirty too quickly.

Thanks,

Jake

Hey all,

My Jonsered 630 seemed like it wasn't getting enough oil to the bar. I don't have a manual for it so after some looking I took off the clutch and found a small screw with a notch on it and four numbers on the housing it you could turn it too. IIRC it was on the one and I think I moved it to the three position.

Anyone have any insight on how to turn up the flow on the auto oiler, and what the numbers mean?

Also my Jonsered has a tall foam air filter on it that is exposed out the top of the saw. First saw I have seen with that type of air filter. I like the more covered up paper/fabric type of filter, the foam one seems to dirty too quickly.

Thanks,

Jake

You have found the oil adjuster.

From a Husky 266 operators manual;

Recommended positions:
Bar 15“: Pos. 2.
Bar 18 and more: Pos. 3-4.

Good day fellow saw junkys! I have a friend at work offering me jonny red. He doesn't know much about saws. He only knows its a jonsered 62cc chainsaw and it's turbo. I understand about the ram air induction system. He told me the only thing wrong with it as of now, the throttle is broke. To what extent I don't know. I think I might want to check this saw out it might be my opportunity to get my big wood saw. He wants 75$ for it. Can anyone give me any info? Please and thank you in advance. :msp_smile:

Likely a 2063 (as suggested already) or a 2163, and they basically are the same saw - red versions of the Husky 362xp. There isn't any other 62cc Jonsereds that say "Turbo" on them.

Edit; What does the number tag say?

Last edited:
JONSERED Limbing Topping Chainsaw 14" bar, used. same as Poulan XXV Micro RARE! | eBay

Modified Mark & others posted some interesting thoughts about the above linked saw in the Ebay Craig's List thread. Namely, has someone stuck some newer Jonsereds stickers on an older Poulan (red paint might indidcate Craftsman) Micro that was never sold as a Jonsereds?

Well, it surely looks like one of the small Poulans, but we dont know is the decales are original. It isn't one of the small Canadian saws.

Hey all,

Thanks,

Jake

Jake, tracking down a 'standard' 630 AF set-up shouldn't be too difficult. The big question is has your AF cover been cut to accomodate the larger AF? If yes, AF covers can be found, but judging from what I've seen they're not common or cheap, & the folks with spares tend to hang onto them. Here's a couple of IPLs in case you need them.

http://www.barrettsmallengine.com/partslist/jonsered630-2.pdf

http://www.barrettsmallengine.com/partslist/jonsered630-1.pdf

You have found the oil adjuster.

From a Husky 266 operators manual;

Recommended positions:
Bar 15“: Pos. 2.
Bar 18 and more: Pos. 3-4.

Right on man, thanks for the info. Only thing is the screw is a bit scuffed up and its hard to see the alignment mark. I know it's not the flat head screw driver mark that goes from one end to the other. There appears to be a mark perpendicular to the screw driver slot, only thing is it looks like there is another mark on the opposite side perpendicular to the screw driver slot as well. However I think I got it as one of the marks looks bigger then the other.

Jake, tracking down a 'standard' 630 AF set-up shouldn't be too difficult. The big question is has your AF cover been cut to accomodate the larger AF? If yes, AF covers can be found, but judging from what I've seen they're not common or cheap, & the folks with spares tend to hang onto them. Here's a couple of IPLs in case you need them.

http://www.barrettsmallengine.com/partslist/jonsered630-2.pdf

http://www.barrettsmallengine.com/partslist/jonsered630-1.pdf

Thanks for the reply. Any real noticeable performance gain with the bigger air filter? Otherwise I imagine it would be a good idea to go back to the stock setup.

Here is a pic of the air filter setup as well as some general pics of the saw. Not too bad considering I got this saw for free from my father in law. He said it needed some work and probably didn't run. I took it home and put new gas in it and it fired right up :msp_w00t:

View attachment 248993View attachment 248994View attachment 248995View attachment 248996View attachment 248997

248993d1345261727-chainsaw-pics-003-jpg

It appears that both the AFC & top cover have been cut. I don't know how the larger AF stacks-up (intentional pun) compared to the standard AF. Some people like them, some don't. One of my 670s came with the West Coast package, which included a K&N, but I switched back to a standard AF without trying the K&N. I did keep the K&N and the cut AF cover j-i-c I ever got curious, or ran into an interesting trade offer.

Jonsered ID

Jonsered gurus,

Can anybody help me ID this saw? The handle mount where the name is has been replaced with a solid steel handmade piece and I don't know where to look for a tag or plate on it.

I'm not a big J-red guy and there aren't many around my neck of the woods. Anyone need parts from this one?

100_1218.jpg

100_1217.jpg

TIA,

dd

Jonsered gurus,

Can anybody help me ID this saw? The handle mount where the name is has been replaced with a solid steel handmade piece and I don't know where to look for a tag or plate on it.

I'm not a big J-red guy and there aren't many around my neck of the woods. Anyone need parts from this one?

100_1218.jpg

100_1217.jpg

TIA,

dd

I'm thinking a 621, but I've before been wrong.

Model Profile: 621

Jonsered gurus,

100_1218.jpg

100_1217.jpg

TIA,

dd

Could it be this one? An 80 cc saw might be fun to play with...

Model Profile: 80

Latest posts

Back