Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
16471916215786068717547553962368.jpg16471916423891601558507411873133.jpg
I would show you the full saw but it's apart getting some loving. This is the only one I've ever found. And yes most of those mounts on a 910 or even these, I only have ever had one example and that was toast.

That's it, Ernie. While it wasn't on any IPL's for the 801/80/90, the dealers seemed to have no trouble finding them by # back in the day. But....they were scarce even then. I bought one from a dealer in the late 80's and he said that was probably the last one in the country in the part's pipeline. That probably wasn't exactly true, but they were rare then, unobtainium now.

I have about four.....and that's from looking for ten yrs. Each one has its own provenance story....lol. Won't do you any good unless you have the full-wrap to go with it. Because they were so scarce, most full-wrap owners just cut the wrap off as it went back up to the vertical and put some bauble thing on the end. I've been in countless arguments with collectors that swear the cut end and the bauble thing were 'factory'. It helps to have been there back in the day using these saws commercially to ferret out the Internet BS.

Further, full-wraps on these saws did not come that way from Sweden. They were subcontracted out in the US....most probably by Tilton in MN and Scotsco in Portland, OR.

I've seen both a steel and a aluminum full-wrap on Jonsereds. The steel one is smaller in diameter....don't like it. The posted pic I made earlier of the 80 with a full wrap is the aluminum one. That was right before I had the wrap repaired. The full-wrap on the 910e, is much different than the 801/80/90, but they still share that same bottom, unobtainium A/V mount. I have just ONE 910e full-wrap.

Kevin

That's it, Ernie. While it wasn't on any IPL's for the 801/80/90, the dealers seemed to have no trouble finding them by # back in the day. But....they were scarce even then. I bought one from a dealer in the late 80's and he said that was probably the last one in the country in the part's pipeline. That probably wasn't exactly true, but they were rare then, unobtainium now.

I have about four.....and that's from looking for ten yrs. Each one has its own provenance story....lol. Won't do you any good unless you have the full-wrap to go with it. Because they were so scarce, most full-wrap owners just cut the wrap off as it went back up to the vertical and put some bauble thing on the end. I've been in countless arguments with collectors that swear the cut end and the bauble thing were 'factory'. It helps to have been there back in the day using these saws commercially to ferret out the Internet BS.

Further, full-wraps on these saws did not come that way from Sweden. They were subcontracted out in the US....most probably by Tilton in MN and Scotsco in Portland, OR.

I've seen both a steel and a aluminum full-wrap on Jonsereds. The steel one is smaller in diameter....don't like it. The posted pic I made earlier of the 80 with a full wrap is the aluminum one. That was right before I had the wrap repaired. The full-wrap on the 910e, is much different than the 801/80/90, but they still share that same bottom, unobtainium A/V mount. I have just ONE 910e full-wrap.

Kevin
My 80 resembles your remarks :)

Attachments

• 659BD668-7FF2-49B7-8383-4DFE930FD4E7.jpeg
    659BD668-7FF2-49B7-8383-4DFE930FD4E7.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 2
  • 64B3F29C-F90C-480A-A3C3-2E05FEF8F8A5.jpeg
    64B3F29C-F90C-480A-A3C3-2E05FEF8F8A5.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 2
I snagged this off eBay the other day and another member pointed that av mount out for me on there also .
I paid up for the full wrap but where else would I ever find one .
Ernie
View attachment 973040
Like what the contractors say around here when they screw up, "It is what it is"..........on the price of these things! I looked into a machine shop with a bender to make one. First one would be $700, but then they would get cheaper after that....;)

You got the unobtainium A/V mount too, right?

I'm looking for a full-wrap on a 111S.....don't know if I'll live long enough to pull that find off. :p

Kevin

Thats the way I looked at it to ...I'd probably never see another one ...now to find one for my 930 and I'll be set !
A good buddy pointed me to the NOS av mount also ..yes
Ernie
That's a Partner handle setup(930)....saw made on the Partner line with internal Husky influence at that point. You might have more availability and options there......dunno.

Kevin

Looks like steel poking through the grip covers too?

Yes, that's exactly what I was talking about and the collectors who insist the saw sold that way new. Any provenance on the saw, like where it started life?

Kevin

Yeah, steel. I don't know where it started life, it's missing it's serial number too so don't know much about it. It's well used but cleaned up nice and runs really good.

I can see how someone could be convinced the handle came this way, it doesn't look cut.

Yeah, steel. I don't know where it started life, it's missing it's serial number too so don't know much about it. It's well used but cleaned up nice and runs really good.

I can see how someone could be convinced the handle came this way, it doesn't look cut.
Yeah, I have a steel full-wrap that was cut. I don't like the diameter of the steel in my hands versus the aluminum, although mine doesn't have any of the original shrink grip left. That would make a difference. The aluminum ones had a black finish, but larger diameter.

My original 80 came from the western slope of CO. Serial tag long gone. That was around '79. The saw shop completely rebuilt it and obviously they did a stellar job as I used it in loggin' there and it's still going strong today. It came with that aluminum full-wrap.....so either it wandered there from Tilton in MN or Scotsco in OR. I figure the former because it's closer.

Jonsereds' old serial # system we've never been able to crack other than to know by the size of the number about when they made changes or improvements. I'm sure they had a system of some sort, but it escapes us.

Kevin

Like what the contractors say around here when they screw up, "It is what it is"..........on the price of these things! I looked into a machine shop with a bender to make one. First one would be $700, but then they would get cheaper after that....;)

You got the unobtainium A/V mount too, right?

I'm looking for a full-wrap on a 111S.....don't know if I'll live long enough to pull that find off. :p

Kevin
Pm me on that 111s full wrap.

Pm me on that 111s full wrap.

There are two different full wraps for the 110/111. Make sure you get the one that you need. The earlier style uses the longer dogleg mount on the PTO side, so the handle is shorter on that side. Must have been changed in 1973 or so (111 production) or maybe 1974 or 1975 (early 111S production) because the dogleg mount is weaker than the later mount. I'm sure many dogleg mounts were broken back in the day.

The earlier wraps just had a stump that terminated by the clutch cover. The later style curved in at the bottom. Later style is definitely steel; will have to double check on the earlier style.

Half wrap is the same - two different styles depending on what style mount.

Not familiar with the 801/80/90 series of saws, but the 110 and 111S IPL's show the full wrap and different styles. 99% certain there's no AV mount for either, but I don't have the IPL available right now.

We've been discussing this on Magnus's board.

Not able to post pictures for some reason on my work computer. Will have to remember to post some when I get home.

I'm finishing up my last 110. Finally sourced a top cover for it, but it's from a 111, so I had some decals made. Took forever to find someone, but I sent him the top cover and a bunch of pictures, and the draft looks spot-on. Hope to have these in the next week or so.

It's going to get the later style full wrap because I don't have any dogleg mounts left for the early style of wrap. If anyone has one, please message me.

There are two different full wraps for the 110/111. Make sure you get the one that you need. The earlier style uses the longer dogleg mount on the PTO side, so the handle is shorter on that side. Must have been changed in 1973 or so (111 production) or maybe 1974 or 1975 (early 111S production) because the dogleg mount is weaker than the later mount. I'm sure many dogleg mounts were broken back in the day.

The earlier wraps just had a stump that terminated by the clutch cover. The later style curved in at the bottom. Later style is definitely steel; will have to double check on the earlier style.

Half wrap is the same - two different styles depending on what style mount.

Not familiar with the 801/80/90 series of saws, but the 110 and 111S IPL's show the full wrap and different styles. 99% certain there's no AV mount for either, but I don't have the IPL available right now.

We've been discussing this on Magnus's board.

Not able to post pictures for some reason on my work computer. Will have to remember to post some when I get home.
Scott, when you get a chance please posts some pics so I can be clear on the two styles.

I always assumed the 110/111/111S never had the full-wrap that completely went back to the saw body on the clutch side with the A/V like the 801/80/90/910 full-wraps did.

Kevin

Scott, when you get a chance please posts some pics so I can be clear on the two styles.

I always assumed the 110/111/111S never had the full-wrap that completely went back to the saw body on the clutch side with the A/V like the 801/80/90/910 full-wraps did.

Kevin

Here's the early style wrap and dogleg mounting bracket. You can see the top of the mounting bracket with the sprocket cover installed.

The pictured mounting bracket was broken and has been repaired.

IMG_5797.jpgIMG_5798.jpgIMG_20181020_233141109.jpg

And here is the later style mounting bracket - much smaller, cannot be seen with the sprocket cover installed.

The handle and mounting bracket must match; you cannot mix and match. That goes for half-wrap handles as well. You can see the difference in the picture with two saws in it. That's a later full wrap and an earlier half wrap with dogleg mounting bracket.

DSCN1832.jpgDSCN4920.jpgDSCN4053.jpg274988572_10223493274613469_8401283677729131068_n.jpg

I'm finishing up my last 110. Finally sourced a top cover for it, but it's from a 111, so I had some decals made. Took forever to find someone, but I sent him the top cover and a bunch of pictures, and the draft looks spot-on. Hope to have these in the next week or so.

It's going to get the later style full wrap because I don't have any dogleg mounts left for the early style of wrap. If anyone has one, please message me.

Here's what my decal guy came up with for the 110. Looks pretty darn good to me.
123_1.jpeg

Back