Just got my Climbing equipment, and I'm new..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I should probably not go for a holiday in Connecticut any time soon....:laugh:

Hell no OoMT your okay in my book, I can take a friendly ribbing, its when people with no reason or factual bases talk BS just to be an ass that bothers me, while doing so take away from honest efforts to help or inform someone looking for info.

And by the way I was singing that song to you.

I remember when someone tried to give me that same belt for tree work, told them it was crap, so I got 2 feet off the ground with it on, and demonstrated. I let my spikes" slip " off the tree. The belt slid up to my armpits, it hurt a litte too. I'f I had my arms over head, like when trimming, it would have slid right off me, and I would fall to my death or serious injury if higher in the tree. You can get an inexpensive Weaver saddle for like $120? can't remmeber. definetly need the climbing line, and some GOOD carabiners. I don't use non lockers. Eastern mountain sports has some pretty inexpensice 22KN aluminum biners. You want steel ones for what you intend to cut out and lower. Just shop around. Best advice. Tree climbers companion, videos on youtube help if you find the right stuff, Knot book. There's another book, used for ISA training too, it's good though. Heres a link to a good starter saddle.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...fb94812&itemid=350303362700&ff4=263602_263622

Good advise.

I remember when someone tried to give me that same belt for tree work, told them it was crap, so I got 2 feet off the ground with it on, and demonstrated. I let my spikes" slip " off the tree. The belt slid up to my armpits, it hurt a litte too. I'f I had my arms over head, like when trimming, it would have slid right off me, and I would fall to my death or serious injury if higher in the tree. You can get an inexpensive Weaver saddle for like $120? can't remmeber. definetly need the climbing line, and some GOOD carabiners. I don't use non lockers. Eastern mountain sports has some pretty inexpensice 22KN aluminum biners. You want steel ones for what you intend to cut out and lower. Just shop around. Best advice. Tree climbers companion, videos on youtube help if you find the right stuff, Knot book. There's another book, used for ISA training too, it's good though. Heres a link to a good starter saddle.

Tree Stuff has the Weaver with leg straps for under $100. http://www.treestuff.com/store/catalog.asp?category_id=205&item=1510
This one for under $70 http://www.treestuff.com/store/catalog.asp?category_id=196&item=1087
They don't look comfortable, but may be the fit for quick once in a while jobs.

Last edited:
Hey MDS if you dont have anything helpful or constructive to say ####. Your obviously suffer from some form of inferiority complex. Im not sure what it is but you have issues man. This forum is Arborist 101 its here to help people who wish to learn something about the trade. This guy came in here looking for help and I am a decent enough person to try and go out of my way to help the guy out. Now what ever issues you have with me being a cop is you need to shelve it. I think your just pissed that you have realized that your career field isnt BRAIN SURGERY. Your not that special and from what I hear not even that good at what you do. If your not here to help people go troll the Comm Tree Care forum your just being disruptive as usual.

I am really sorry for you that your self esteem is that low that your threatened by others.

I work security at my local mall on the weekends. Could you direct me to some cop forum that I could chime in on.

Shoot it !!!!

Hey guys, What i would do is buy the big shot and shoot a line into the top of the tree u are gonna climb. either use an accender or let a good friend hold the rope and climb away, there will be no way u can fall. I have used this method for 15 years and have never been injured cutting over 3000 trees here in eastern NC . Just remember no amount of money is worth your life or ruining yourself forever. Be safe guys...

morbark 13 chipper
vermeer 252 grinder
2004 chevy 2500 HD
Dump trailer
husky 372,365,350,55,51,335
echo polesaw

I work security at my local mall on the weekends. Could you direct me to some cop forum that I could chime in on.

Sorry man you dont qualify for cop forums, does it piss you off too that I work full time as a cop and run a pretty successful tree business. Maybe you guys are just lazy cause you only have 1 Career (mall security doesnt count). You guys crack me up with your delusions that this is rocket science and because someone comes from the RIGHT side of the tracks they shouldnt be doing it. If it will make you feel better I start drinking excessively, beat my wife,kids, dog and move in to a trailer so I fit in better.

Whats with your profile pic you look a little shaky in that tree, maybe you should stick to mall security.

How many jobs do you have

Last edited:
What kind of trees you doin that they're so easy anyway S&M?

Give me the $ on the most expensive single removal you've ever done??

I just wanna hear what sort of trees you're thinking of when you say its so simple.

I just love how everyone gets nice and testy in the winter months. Feel the love...

What kind of trees you doin that they're so easy anyway S&M?

Give me the $ on the most expensive single removal you've ever done??

I just wanna hear what sort of trees you're thinking of when you say its so simple.

Dont be taking no two hours to dream up a reply either!

Stihl -A- Waitin?

Most climbers could answer that in ten seconds!

Looks like he decided to run out for coffee and donuts after pondering that one for a bit. :)

haha TreeMUT your so predictable. Let me just put it to you this way, I mady over 100k every year for the last 3 years from my other job so it really doesnt matter how much I make on trees does it. Because youll never catch up. Stay in your trailer. By the way I dont eat donuts I was at the gym working out, on top of my career, my business I also work out that way Ill never look like a little P U S S Y like you
Dont worry Blakes hes just an #######

I should be headed there myself, SOM, just can't seem to get out my chair this morning... yawn...

Latest posts

Back