KC guys, watch for my gear!! It all got stolen..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bottlefed89

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Watch out for my gear if any good deals come up anywhere, or you see anything at any pawn shops. I didn't have the best of stuff, but from what I can tell they got the following....

My zingit throw line and a 10oz. throw bag.
150' ft hyvee
150' pro stripe
My buckingham saddle
4 different prusik cords
the sling I hang my saw on
about 14 carabiners from nice posi-locks down to a half dozen stainless non- locking cheapies
A big CMI pulley
a micro pulley
My buckstrap (3 strand buckingham)
My ecrin helmet
a couple figure 8's
a couple big blocks
my gaffs (buckinghams)
a CMI ascender set
My Zubat

Probably more that I'm not thinking of.

Luckily I had taken my chainsaws home. They left a 200' bull rope, 2 whoopie slings, and my porta wrap. Guess I was stupid for having it all in the cab of my truck. I have no idea who would have gotten my stuff, and the police officer was confident nothing would ever happen with it. I don't know about insurance, I've got all my stuff insured and I remember once listing all my tree gear, but I don't know since it was in the cab of my truck. Keep your eyes open.. This is BS. I'll have to miss half of monday to regear myself, and I have the busiest week I've ever booked. If you happen to know someone who recently acquired all of my stuff please shoot first and ask questions later. I'm pissed.

It is a suckwad of a man who steals food off another's plate. How can someone do that to you and think they're not gonna pay dearly?

I am so sorry, bottlefed. I know this is a major blow. Bastards.

Hope you had insurance. Sure is a bummer. Don't let it get you down though. You still have jobs I hope. Just call your insurance person and keep on keeping on. One thing you got that the thief can't rob from you is a reputation that keeps you in business. It took a lot of hard work to get the tools and the reputation...something the thief can't understand.

Bottlefed, I'll keep an :Eye: out for your gear. I frequent some of the pawn shops in the Northland area, so I'll watch out. If you need any help, let me know, I'd be more than happy to help to get your work done this week. Give me a call at 816-217-5962.
Brandon Grosko

Well, the place I have all of my equipment insured through says there will be a problem as the items were not locked inside the building I told them everything was stored in. I don't know if my auto insurance would cover anything, but I'd hate to use it if my rates go up. I'm just gonna be knockin down the door at the vermeer/sherrill dealership monday morning. I'l replace everything and hope I can get some $$ back somehow. It defenitely does get me down, I'll make about $3k next week, but that's all already got a home, oh well, hope the calls keep coming. Certainly sucks. I also wanted to smack the a$$hole cop that I filed the report with. He really thought he was better than me. Didn't seem too concerned with my loss.
Sucks, but I guess there are people in the US who currenty wish their problems were as small as mine.

You get all new gear, but is' more costly because of the money you lose re-gearing instead of working. It's like retail +, another bite in the arse. Hang in there, buddy. Don't get hung up in the anger, it benefits you not. Just enjoy the new gear and move on.

Feel free to call anytime. Not much on that list that I don't have, so let me know how I can help. I just lost my full time job at Toshiba, so I got plenty of spare time to focus on tree care.

Bull said:
I just lost my full time job at Toshiba, so I got plenty of spare time to focus on tree care.
Congratulations! unless you were making $500 a day at Toshiba. It's awesome that you have a seamless 'fallback' plan. Good luck to you, Mon.

If I was making $500 a day there, I probably would have made more of an effort to not get fired. I was fed up with the politics though. Thanks for the congrats, TM. Now I can focus on what I love to do.

That sucks that they are giving you crap because the equipment wasn't at a locked building. Not that I know anything, but aren't you supposed to take equipment out into the field to work with it? It's not like you can work on trees inside of 1 locked building all the time.

You might check your home owners policy, I had some stuff stole out of our boat, poles,fishing gear, etc. Since it was hooked to the truck when the items were stole auto ins covered some and home owners covered some be worth a try anyway. If I was to guess its someone around your area that knew what they were getting. I'll keep a ear out for your stuff down my way and around Wichita hope it all works out ok.

Most insurance companies only want to GET paid. They do not want to PAY anything out. They will usually find some ambiguous wording in the fine print to avoid paying you.

Bottlfed89,
I am sorry to hear of your loss.

Thieves deserve what I call the 12/12 treatment.
Thats a 12ga at 12 steps back.
Criminals make my blood boil !!!!! :angry:

Insurance companies are not much better.
My mother passed away june 21, 2005. ARPP insurance is still fishing for away to not pay out on a small $5000.00 life ins policy that was taken out to cover final death arrangements. :angry:
They want there money on time though........or your canceled.

I will keep my ears & eyes open for your gear. I'm in the indep, area.

Check the fine print of your policy....many provide ltd coverage for items temporarily removed from where they are covered, be it your homeowner or biz policy. All you have to do is prove they were secure. I had a watch stolen from the glove compartment of my car in 1988 and the house insurance ended up paying $2800 for a replacement. You are right about the cops...they are not too concerned about most crimes unless there is a sure conviction in the works so they get browny points. In the a$$hole's mind you were some blue collar lowlife...I ran into the same attitude when someone threatened assault. Now if the individual had carried on like that to a off duty cop you think the matter would have been dropped???

Well nothing from the ins company. tried going through auto, home, and biz. No one. though I'm still trying. I spent $1422 at sherrill this morning. Sucks to spend the $$, but I have much better geear now...

Even better news, my bobcat 863 got stolen last night..... I may start camping and trying to kill someone.
Not too bad though, it got recovered a few blocks from here in someones yard. Yard was torn up and the homeowners are pissed... They think I need to fix their lawn. You can imagine how fast that's gonna happen...

F$#@ thieves.

Latest posts

Back