Klotz Oil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From the tech specs listed by Klotz, it has a recommended RPM of 12K-13K & a mixture ratio of 16:1 or 20:1 for air cooled engines. If one mixes it at 40:1 what would Klotz's response be if the engine were to seize? Unlikely it would happen just hypethetically speaking. :confused:

Ralph, your making assumptions that I havent ran it in saws or other OPE. I have. It simply isnt that great and other oils are better...quit a few are actually better.
Snowmobiles and OPE spec the same oils so its very valid to compare experience in one to the other.
Fact of the matter is synthetic oils are not more slick and do not hinder break in as you have asserted.
BTW I never mentioned that Mobil makes a better oil than Klotz. They do, but I never said so in this thread till now.

Post hoc ergo propter hoc

Lol!

Fallacy of False Cause, or Non Sequitur (L., it does not follow), wherein one thing is incorrectly assumed as the cause of another, as when the ancients attributed a public calamity to a meteorological phenomenon (a special case of this fallacy also goes by the Latin term post hoc ergo propter hoc; the fallacy of believing that temporal succession implies a causal relation) wikipedia

Ralph, your making assumptions that I havent ran it in saws or other OPE. I have. It simply isnt that great and other oils are better...quit a few are actually better.

you're right!! thats why all the racing circuits are filled with guys running Klotz! those fools! here they go out and win races every week with crap oil! if only we could get your info into their hands then they could sit out races while they rebuild their toys!
go ahead and post all the results of your studies here, and together we'll spam every site online with a link to that vast store of knowledge!

Or you could just give up now, and admit that you tried Klotz in your snowmobile, didn't like it, so you figure all of their products are junk, and are on a crusade to tell the world. all the while you have never used Klotz mixing oil in a chainsaw. admit it, its ok. you said it before, I can dig it up if need be.

-Ralph

Lol!

Fallacy of False Cause, or Non Sequitur (L., it does not follow), wherein one thing is incorrectly assumed as the cause of another, as when the ancients attributed a public calamity to a meteorological phenomenon (a special case of this fallacy also goes by the Latin term post hoc ergo propter hoc; the fallacy of believing that temporal succession implies a causal relation) wikipedia

HUH!!!:dizzy:

Trucks'N Saws had the best comment in this thread.

"What this really all boils down to is, use whatever oil you like."

Why do so many people try to make a mountain out of a mole hill?

Possibly they have too much time on their hands and need to find something constructive to do?

Get a life:bang:

you're right!! thats why all the racing circuits are filled with guys running Klotz!
What race circuits would that be? Certainly not Moto-x Supercross, snow cross or Kart racing as Klotz is not one of the more popular oils in those sports.
Keep spazzin...

Last edited:
Not a molehill.

Trucks'N Saws had the best comment in this thread.

"What this really all boils down to is, use whatever oil you like."

Why do so many people try to make a mountain out of a mole hill?

Possibly they have too much time on their hands and need to find something constructive things to do?

Get a life:bang:

Well, ya know what?
Some of us have lives.
And a lot of us don't have much of a life.
You, may have a lot of friends, and, things.
But, there are also many people who have very few friends, and few things.
And this is a way to make us feel good, about ourselves, helping others.
Look at all the positive people on this site. And all the new people joining each day! We are finding constructive things to do.
Even if it's here, online.;)

Last edited:
Man, you made it sound alot simpler than I did.:bowdown:

Last edited:
come on Ben, get over it and admit it. you have never used Klotz oil in a chainsaw.
come on, the truth can set you free!!!
need I quote you? you talk all this talk, but you admitted a few years ago that you never used it in a saw to begin with, so, put up old boy!
the man asked for info from someone who uses Klotz in their chainsaw. you have admitted that you don't and never did, so why are you on this thread to begin with? Oh yeah, to further your hidden agenda. forgot for a minute.
heck, you can even admit that you don't use a chainsaw, except when some rich camper pays you to cut him a little campfirewood!

admit it and bow out gracefully Ben, I'm racking up the positive rep points on this thread!!! must just be you!! you keep this charade up and I'll be the first guy on a/s with 4 gold boxes!
-Ralph

Last edited:
ome on Ben, get over it and admit it. you have never used Klotz oil in a chainsaw.
I have indeed used R-50 in 2 saws, a Redmax blower and a Stihl trimmer.
Furthermore I dont know where you get your info from, but I have nothing to do with a camp ground.
As for how I use my saws. I log part time in the falls as I have them off, I cut 10-20 cord a year for my boiler and garage stove. Cut another 5 or so for hunting camp and also drop trees for friends and family should they need it. I have also done some lot clearing, and piece cutting. I would be piece cutting right now if it wer enot for some medical issues I have had with my daughter.
Now should everyone kiss your arse because your a tree topper that attributes higher idle speeds and lack of break in to oil? LOL!

Last edited:
ok, i'll give you an out, but will you take it?

R-50 is not the best choice for saws, so therein may lie your problem

-Ralph

BTW the tech sheet for super techniplate says " not intended for a storage lubricant". Remember what I said about corrosion?
And of course non of the Klotz oils being discussed meet the oil specifications of the OPE OEM's.

Last edited:
BTW the tech sheet for super techniplate says " not intended for a storage lubricant". Remember what I said about corrosion?
And of course non of the Klotz oils being discussed meet the oil specifications of the OPE OEM's.

hmm, for storage I fog (outboards) for mix, it gets run. corrosion? odd that i have a 029 super that has run Klotz for 2 years, that I spun the flywheel key out of, so it;s torn down right now after sitting unused with mix in it for at least 4 months, clean as a whistle inside, no corrosion at all. blows that idea out of the proverbial water.

now, i gave you a chance, you didnt take it.
when was this new r-50 developed/ put on the market?
careful, I have posts with time stamps. the trap begins to close
-Ralph

Man this thread ahs become real personal. I think what's most important is to not run too lean. I have run outboard oil in my saws, not saying that its a good idea, but for a short time it did no damage. I'd say Ralph's experience of using klotz in the work environment proves that it won't hurt your saw. I guess, again, use what you like and make sure it always is run as rich as it needs to be, use good gas, and the saw will run great for a long time.

I'd say Ralph's experience of using klotz in the work environment proves that it won't hurt your saw.

Thats all I was trying to get people to see. the main denouncer does not and has not ever used it in the first place (in a saw)
Don't knock it until you try it. thats why I never said anything bad about MX2T, I can't get it here, I have never used it, so there's no way I can have an opinion. (that holds water anyway.) I can however speak to the performance of Klotz techniplate in my saws.
-Ralph

Snap a few pics.

R-50 has been on the market at least as far back as 2000 and probably much earlier.

pics, no problem.

2000? so when did you actually use it?
the trap closes a bit tighter.....
-Ralph

Latest posts

Back