Lets do a SugiHara bar blowout!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The rings that come with the Sugi bars work well. They are a spring ring and are slightly smaller than the stud. Hence, there is no problem with losing them when the bar is removed.

Is there a thread for these adapters?

I think he mentioned them somewhere on this site. Can't remember for sure though. Lemme look....BRB...
Crap. Found it in a google search of the site............but it just ties up when I click on it. Damn hackers. It's Homelite410 that's making them. They're like the Cannon/Baileys adapter, except they have one hole, and one long slot (so they can be used on saws with different stud spacing). Really nice machining too. One of the threads here that mentioned them has "Dolmar to Stihl adapter" in the title IIRC...

http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/221950.htm

Last edited:
Randy,

Just curious, would your distributor sell you bare bars (without tips) and tips separately, so that you could simplify your inventory/ordering, and help folks get the pitches they want? Let the buyer do the assembly? Maybe sell a few more replacement tips with each bar?

Philbert

Can anyone see the main chainsaw forum? I can access my control panel and see threads I'm subscribed to, but that's it.

(sorry, i know that's off topic)

I can not see the main forum or chainsaw. I have to .....

It looks like the hacker(s) may systhematically be closing the ways in that are posted about - so please refrain from such posts (I know it was well meant).

Last edited:
Randy,

Just curious, would your distributor sell you bare bars (without tips) and tips separately, so that you could simplify your inventory/ordering, and help folks get the pitches they want? Let the buyer do the assembly? Maybe sell a few more replacement tips with each bar?

Philbert

That would sort of be neat - but if the 3/8" tips are 11t, that would mean the suitable .325 tips would be 12t - so they likely wouldn't be really light .325 bars (but good for bore cutting). :laugh:

This is about the only thread I've seen in two days and I don't know how I got here or if I can back... this is becoming a real pain in the ***!

Currently waiting for a reply from the Sugi dealer on a couple other questions as well. I'll ask about tips but I'll bet it's a NO.

Tapatalk seems to post pretty normally even through the hack Randy. Wasn't sure if you were mobile or not.

Just so everyone knows....... the Stihl to husky bar adapter works on the Stihl Sugi bars. This is why I'm getting Stihl mount in all of em.

Likely true, as the slots are made for adaptor use on large mount Husky saws, unlike the original Stihl bars!

Loaded tapatalk on the mobile, let's see how this works. Sugi Hara dealer status confirmed this afternoon, its a go! I'm going to hold off on the buy just a little while they try to fix the site. I don't want anybody to miss out. Probably start it on Friday and run it until a week from Sunday, about 9 days. That should catch everybody, site fixed or not.

Loaded tapatalk on the mobile, let's see how this works. Sugi Hara dealer status confirmed this afternoon, its a go! I'm going to hold off on the buy just a little while they try to fix the site. I don't want anybody to miss out. Probably start it on Friday and run it until a week from Sunday, about 9 days. That should catch everybody, site fixed or not.

Have you got prices yet?

Sweet! I was gonna order some. . . But will do it thru you now instead.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Sand Fleas

If you can't find the bar in the gauge you want I would be happy to regrind the groove to a larger size on any of the bars bought as part of this group buy.

Are there any adapters from Stihl to small mount husky?

If you can't find the bar in the gauge you want I would be happy to regrind the groove to a larger size on any of the bars bought as part of this group buy.

Curious how this is done? I'm assuming mill and correct size cutter?

Latest posts

Back