Let's Port This Brand New J'Red 2253.......Then Raffle It Off!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a few pictures while I was tweaking it. I get a lot of my gains from compression, and with the popup it ran really well before we started.....I'm not sure it gained much in cut times in this smallish poplar. I figure it might have gained a little torque with the numbers we used.

I took .008 off the base to tighten the squish to .018.

Here's a little spot that has to be milled away to sit the jug down....

The jug after I ground on it some. I raised the exhaust a couple of degrees, and widened and raised the transfers. I also slicked a few casting lines out......nothing major.

Here where I concentrated most of my efforts. I'm a firm believer that transfer height will either make or break a two stroke.

Some smoothing here....

I use this stuff a lot.....

The silicone grease on rubber seals.....

And the Loctite on the transfer cover screws......just to be sure.

Here's another spot that can make contact when the jug is lowered. I'm holding a shop vac hose in one hand and a Foredom in the other.

Plenty of clearance now.

185 on this crappy gauge.....it's the only one I have that mates to the Snap-On hose for the 10mm plug hole in these engines.

Waiting on the video to finish uploading. Watch the video closely when I put it up......you can see the Autotune getting it's act together as I make cuts. The first few are pretty weak looking......then it starts coming alive. I'll run a tank thru it over the next few days.......by the end of a tank it will be a different little saw. :msp_thumbup:

On that second cut I thought it was gonna stall out. I was thinking WTH? Then I remembered I was running an Autotune. :laugh:

By the time it got to the last cut it was running real well though. :cheers:

[video=youtube;iebah04lJzQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iebah04lJzQ&feature=youtu.be[/video]

I'm ready when you guys are. I'm gonna have to figure out a pay method. My paypal account has been annoying me. I'll figure it out somehow. Maybe a new account. Put me down for 3 tickets to start. I'm gonna try get that payment through when i get home and also when i know where it's going. If i win i'll do some advertising with it down this way :) nobody does it like they do in tennessee and ohio. There are other gooders but don't know where they're from.

On that second cut I thought it was gonna stall out. I was thinking WTH? Then I remembered I was running an Autotune. :laugh:

By the time it got to the last cut it was running real well though. :cheers:

[video=youtube;iebah04lJzQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iebah04lJzQ&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Damn fine work! I ran one of those stock in Husky trim last weekend and they are awesome stock....that one is going to make someone real proud.

Now for the raffle!

I'm ready when you guys are. I'm gonna have to figure out a pay method. My paypal account has been annoying me. I'll figure it out somehow. Maybe a new account. Put me down for 3 tickets to start. I'm gonna try get that payment through when i get home and also when i know where it's going. If i win i'll do some advertising with it down this way :) nobody does it like they do in tennessee and ohio. There are other gooders but don't know where they're from.

Brad has a Wepay account set up already for this raffle. :cheers:

Have you had the wasabi almonds? I destroy them!

I ain't seen those......I'll be looking now though. :msp_thumbup:

Latest posts

Back