Let's see how you store your saws...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know it's not a bad problem to have but I outgrew my chainsaw storage. I've posted the first one before, so pardon me repeating myself.

This is what I started with..
picture.php

Which worked great for 5 saws, but I recently acquired quite a bit more and had to make some changes...
picture.php

In hindsight, I would've made it even taller, and spaced the saws a little further apart. I was hoping to only use two sides of this rack, but the saws were making contact, so I had to use all 4 sides, but it is holding 14 saws with room for one more.

I would love to see what you guys have come up with...

10" spikes driven into an overhead tie beam in the barn. The saws hang by the handles. Then a hardened 3/8 chain goes around the beam/through handles, and a quality hardened padlock.

I upgraded to 3/8 chain as almost lost all my saws with 5/16...............see the recent thread on stolen saws.......

10" spikes driven into an overhead tie beam in the barn. The saws hang by the handles. Then a hardened 3/8 chain goes around the beam/through handles, and a quality hardened padlock.

I upgraded to 3/8 chain as almost lost all my saws with 5/16...............see the recent thread on stolen saws.......
I really should run a chain through mine. At the moment just just my Dutch Shepard is keeping mine safe but you would have to kill him if you wanted in my shop.

How do you guys store bar and chain?
I’d love to have something portable for just this in which I can bring multiple sizes with multiple chain types.
In the shop I just hang them on big nails and throw them in my truck box when I go out. I know that's not much help but I haven't come up with a better way to do it.

In the shop I just hang them on big nails and throw them in my truck box when I go out. I know that's not much help but I haven't come up with a better way to do it.
I was thinking of making a slim wood case or something in which it has slots to accept and separate bars. The chain would be wrapped into the bar using some kind of jig to simulate a sprocket to keep it in place. Just ideas in my head nothing has come to any kind of fruition yet

346A53E4-951E-4355-BAEC-A8C2A4E59099.jpeg C2D6F1E2-EFA1-4A86-8F44-E8B094E84DE8.jpeg

How do you guys store bar and chain?
I’d love to have something portable for just this in which I can bring multiple sizes with multiple chain types.

This is what I came up with for bars and chains. It’s just unistrut, 5/16 shcs with the heads cut off for the bar side and left the heads in for the chain side. As you can see, I still need to sort out the chains and hang them up, I also am in the process of labeling the unistrut. Not exactly portable...

View attachment 754679 View attachment 754680

This is what I came up with for bars and chains. It’s just unistrut, 5/16 shcs with the heads cut off for the bar side and left the heads in for the chain side. As you can see, I still need to sort out the chains and hang them up, I also am in the process of labeling the unistrut. Not exactly portable...
Wow now that’s a rack!!

We use strut all the time at work, at one point I was gonna make a chair with some but I never thought of something like that!

Those mounts on the bottom for the floor we call “elephant feet” in the trade.
The amount of accessories for strut is really amazing, they have right angle brackets, front angle brackets, pipe clamps, and even roller setups for making your own crane. Very very cool setup you have!!!

*edit*

You have inspired me, I will make something like this in the near future!!

Wow now that’s a rack!!

We use strut all the time at work, at one point I was gonna make a chair with some but I never thought of something like that!

Those mounts on the bottom for the floor we call “elephant feet” in the trade.
The amount of accessories for strut is really amazing, they have right angle brackets, front angle brackets, pipe clamps, and even roller setups for making your own crane. Very very cool setup you have!!!

*edit*

You have inspired me, I will make something like this in the near future!!

It takes up a little floor space, but so far it has been worth it for me. I still have another 200 or so bars that are just stacked up in the cardboard sleeves, but they are mostly duplicates of what is hanging up. Nothing is more of a pain than having to dig through a pile of stuff to find what you’re looking for. Has taken me a while to get frustrated enough to start organizing.

Latest posts

Back