lets see them motorcycles

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought that FZR1000 new in 1987 when I was 21 years old. That was the first year the FZR was made and it was only available in 1000cc. It was also the first major production bike to ever be built with an aluminum frame, not to mention the 5 valves per cylinder engine. I put the nitrous on it a few months later. I drag raced it in the 1/8 mile and it ran a best of 6.5 seconds at 121 miles per hour.....no wheelie bar.

That black and blue Victory runs pretty good too. Mid-11's in the quarter.

Here's a couple of pics, circa 1987 with the same FZR-1000 sporting a Canadian Aero Bristol Jet solid fuel rocket motor....live. 350 pounds of thrust for a 12 second burn. Six inches in diameter, 26 inches long and 46 pounds. Notice the custom seat that was WAY high and the firing squib screwed in the front and wired up. It was ready to go, but I never lit the candle.....I know, I pussed out.

Tony Rumore
Tromix Corp

JATO2.jpg

JATO1.jpg

FZR1000.jpg

Last edited:
Cleaned the two bikes up today, Fist pics didn't come out too good. I've added a few goodies to the wing since i posted it last, Had a CB radio put in and a driver backrest. Air wings on the cockpit, New cruise boards. Flashing brake lights.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Also the nomad, Set the darned thing on my big toe. The kickstand went right on it. Toe is swollen and probably gonna lose the toenail.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Ready for some colder weather riding in the morning, Put on the Airlite crashbar chaps. Best money i ever spent on the nomad.

attachment.php

22731_231561567450_503892450_3024904_6145954_n.jpg

4662_87127372450_503892450_1740147_7344911_n.jpg

2008 Buell XB12R with a few race mods

2007 Yamaha V-star 1300 slightly modded

is that a cory ness edition? i went on the victory demo days rides in san diego, sweet bikes! i rode 5 times on various models

Yep, 2005 Cory Ness special edition. I rode with Cory when they were here in Tulsa last year. The side cover came with his name stenciled on it from the factory. The signature on the tank is an original that he provided when he was here.

Tony

Here's a vid of me running one of my Victorys at the drag strip last weekend. Best pass was 11.29 at 117. Not bad for a chromed out 650 pound cruiser. The Busa smokes me after 60 feet, but I beat the 600's that followed.

damn, ever have that bike dyno'ed? Wonder how much rwhp its got.

It dyno'd 129 horsepower with 132 pounds of torque at the rear wheel. A lot of work has been done to the motor.

Tony

Here is my motorcycle. It is a Sherco 320 cc trials bike. It weighs 160 pounds and is a lot of fun and is very agile.....it gets lots of stares when I take it out somewher and ride it. It takes a while to get used to riding them as balance and weight shift are very important - and they can go up and over just about anything with a good rider.

168002d1294759990-shercoframe-001-jpg

Here is my motorcycle. It is a Sherco 320 cc trials bike. It weighs 160 pounds and is a lot of fun and is very agile.....it gets lots of stares when I take it out somewher and ride it. It takes a while to get used to riding them as balance and weight shift are very important - and they can go up and over just about anything with a good rider.

168002d1294759990-shercoframe-001-jpg
That's a cool lookin machine, Looks like one of those speedway racers that have no brakes.

Last edited:
Back