lets uncover the Husqvarna Brand....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redshift

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
ok guys, lets dig Husqvarna brand a little deeper...
so as to help people like me who find it difficult to choose the right model, when they are just starting out :dizzy:...

Every Husky user/lover, please answer:
->best Husqvarna chainsaw for medium duty use
->best Husqvarna chainsaw for heavy duty use
->best Husqvarna chainsaw for low budget

I will answer the last one, anything you can find with an xp sticker for a hundred bucks or less that runs. ;)

medium duty for medium sized wood, and heavy duty is the one which could slice out anything

My medium wood is 20"- 36". What is yours? Some may say 24"-40" others will say 10"-20" "Medium" means different things to different people. 346xp small, 372xp medium, 395xp large or just get a 3120 and cut it all.

Well, they all will cut wood, depends on budget and what you can afford, new or used. used is such a wide variable.

Basically you could use like a 30+ cc model, then around a 50, then around a 70 or larger.

Salt to taste.

I don't have too many huskies, what I have so far in order of acquiring is a 137, 365sp, 394xp, 435 (unrun yet), parts project box 0 346xp, and a 246.. the last one there, I am just about going to use within an hour here as I go back out.

I ran a rancher 55 for awhile..OK I guess, if you got one cheap enough.

What does medium and heavy duty mean? The size of the wood that is getting cut? or the frequency of the usage??

This is kind of a silly thread and that's why youre not getting good responses.

What do you want to do? how much do you want to spend? what kind of wood do you want to cut??

OK, I'll play. Limiting myself to current models.

Best for med use is the 372xp. Others would argue other, smaller saws but med use to me means if you could only have one saw, the med would be it. The 70cc class usually represents the cream of any companies crop. The 562xp is certainly a strong contender for this spot, but to me, 70cc is where it's at.

Best for heavy duty use is the 395xp. While others will argue for the 390xp, I would spend my money on the 395.

Best on a budget is the 365. The 555 would also deserve some consideration, but for what you get when the money's spent, I think the 365 is the better choice.

Husky really has some strong offerings in the 50 and 60cc classes right now (arguably 'best-in-class') but for medium duty and heavy duty use, I stand by my picks. It's just one man's opinion, anyhow.

I've had good luck with the husky models 136, 137, 141. open up the muffler a little, and they cut pretty good for a low end, home owner saw..
Also the husky 359 has been a great saw for me, some had carb problems, but mine runs good.
again, my opinion

JB:msp_biggrin::msp_biggrin:

Back