Lil Red Barn

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joel D'Angelo

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi, i'm thinking of buying a locked up 10-10 locally. I noticed lil red barn appears to be the only game in town on ebay for replacement piston/rings. I usually buy meteor caber. Any thoughts about durability? Thanks

Do they have a walk in store? I see their address and on line ordering business hours listed on their web page, but no mention of store hours.
I have ordered from them before.
I live in Bedford County and would like to stop there the next time I'm up that way if they have a store front.
Good luck with the 10-10.

Do they have a walk in store? I see their address and on line ordering business hours listed on their web page, but no mention of store hours.
I have ordered from them before.
I live in Bedford County and would like to stop there the next time I'm up that way if they have a store front.
Good luck with the 10-10.
Bedford, I lived in Roanoke for awhile. 5 years actually.

They are good people to deal with/call/talk on phone. Do that.

They used to have Itallian Tecomec.

I can't say to what they have for You. Just rings I'd get caber.

I don't buy any Chi-Com crap anymoe. Yup, said so. Rember we could not get face masks, because they all came from Chi-coms. Want to go there again? Pharmecutials?

YOU'RE damm CHi-Com cheap clones? I won't sell nor give OEM parts to those users. FLOUNDER!!!

I bought one of their pistons for the 82cc McCulloch saws. The ring grooves were not deep enough to let the ring seat sufficiently to install the piston. Since there is a locating pin for the rings it was not possible to cut the groove deeper, so I made a simple fixture for my lathe and ground the I.D. of the rings to permit them to fit. In addition, the wrist pin diameter is too small to press in the rod so it is necessary to reuse the original wrist pin since the press fit in the rod is the only thing that holds it in place. Others that purchased the 82cc pistons had the same kinds of problems.

Rather than fixing it myself I should have returned it but I had kept it on hand for a while before I discovered the problems.

Mark

P.S. There are other options for parts if you do some research.

I've not used their parts on any saws yet... fingers crossed my 10-10a keeps running. But I have used their piston and ring kits in several small engines. Namely kohlers. They are infamous for piston size being off a tad. But other then that I've never had any real running issues with their stuff.

Back